Author Topic: How did you find RPPR?  (Read 89193 times)

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
Re: How did you find RPPR?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »
I was innocently playing a game of Monsters and Other Childish Things at DragonCon last year, when the GM handed me a business card for RPPR.  Now I know that the GM of the game was THE Ross Payton of RPPR.  The game he ran was so wholesome and fun ( even with the teen-aged drug crazed potty mouthed Juggalos ), that I knew I had found a source of clean family entertainment.  So, I started listening to some episodes and and it was like a light went on.  I learned a whole new colorful vocabulary and way of thinking that I shared with my friends.  Well, I guess they used to be my friends.  They were a bunch of uptight fucksticks anyway.  Having a lot more fun now! 

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:40 AM »
Best story so far. Haha.

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
I found a link to the early comedy stuff from RPGMP3.com. Been here ever since!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
... when the GM handed me a business card for RPPR.  Now I know that the GM of the game was THE Ross Payton of RPPR.

RPPR has business cards?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »
... when the GM handed me a business card for RPPR.  Now I know that the GM of the game was THE Ross Payton of RPPR.

RPPR has business cards?

Yes, Ross is that nerdy. Technically I think they are index sized show cards with the katana-trenchcoat-dragon and the exploding barrel on them. But it's been awhile since I looked at one.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »

RPPR has business cards?

Yes, Ross is that nerdy. Technically I think they are index sized show cards with the katana-trenchcoat-dragon and the exploding barrel on them. But it's been awhile since I looked at one.

There's a word for this sort of thing, and that word is "money." For those of you who don't know what I mean, go see Swingers immediately.

I found RPPR because I was laid off last summer and I needed something to do to fill the voluminous amounts of free time I suddenly had. Mostly, I was trying to find something to listen to that interested me, and when I searched the iTunes store for roleplaying podcasts, RPPR was one of the first entries to pop up. I decided to give it a shot and liked it, so much so that I think I must've listened to the show's entire 30 episode archive within a month of the time I first tuned in. I joined the forum because it seemed like a good place to meet and converse with like-minded people: namely, nerds who enjoy talking about roleplaying games, and other awesome stuff.

So far, it hasn't let me down.

Just to let you know, I feel blessed to have such a great group of people to discuss stupid shit with. I've always loved how friendly everyone is and I appreciate the love spread to our little gaming group.

There.

I'm off to go clean my pussy now.

Ditto and ditto.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
There's a word for this sort of thing, and that word is "money." For those of you who don't know what I mean, go see Swingers immediately.

Oh sure, let "money" dominate even a person's nerdhood now.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »

I remember back in the old days when podcasting wasn't about the money (note: no quote marks). It was about scoring podcast groupy trim.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:01:39 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »

I remember back in the old days when podcasting wasn't about the money. It was about scoring podcast groupy trim.

Tad, the future Karl Marx of gaming podcasts.  8)

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 01:41:46 PM »

I remember back in the old days when podcasting wasn't about the money. It was about scoring podcast groupy trim.

Tad, the future Karl Marx of gaming podcasts.  8)

Don't laugh. Chicks love those big, bushy beards and radical ideas. :-P

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
I did print out some RPPR postcards. I pass them out at cons. It cost like 50 bucks to print 1000 and I still have a few hundred left. The art is the RPPR group picture I used for the AP podcast logo and you can see it in the back of the new world primer.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »

While watching a cartoonist on ustream, the side chatter of the viiewers fell to D&D podcasts, and one of the people recommended the RPPR actual plays to me. However, I devoured the radio shows aswell (in a non-literal way), and that was that.

I forget why I joined the forums, probably to say something related to important matters of the day. Gotta be.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »
I too found RPPR through searching the Zune gaming podcasts. I really think the logo was what did it for me.
A Dragon using a cigarette holder? Madness.

Started with Save vs. Warm Fuzzies, and Tom's letter- oh man, Diamond encrusted dick wipers! I fell in love.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »
I was searching for more actual plays after listening the Penny Arcade. Needless to say I found much better here. I joined the forums because I'm a whore like that. Order66 reminds me of a guy in the art circles called bagera. The fucker can't type for shit and blames it on ADD, I have ADD and at least I know what a period is... It's the week I can't touch my girlfriend.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:10:08 PM by nekomata »
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 05:14:01 PM »
that is a terrible joke