Author Topic: How did you find RPPR?  (Read 89156 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
How did you find RPPR?
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
So, how did you find this little corner of the Internet?

What made you sign up for the forums?

ORDER66 YOU MUST ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find RPPR?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »
This was actually the one good thing that iTunes has done for me.  I was looking for podcasts, and kept clicking through related podcasts and checked this one out.  Some of the early episodes were really interesting to me, and I really enjoyed Tom's letters, so last spring-ish, I listened to all the episodes and eventually decided (over the summer) to listen to the APs.  Needless to say, I got pretty addicted.  So I listened mostly and finally got on top of things and signed up for the forums this past December, though I wish I had gotten on it sooner.

Anyway, that's my story.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
I was minding my own business in the communal TA office on Missouri State's campus late one night when suddenly some guy hit me the in back of the head with a blackjack. On waking, I found myself bound and gagged in the back of a 1978 Pinto with a bad exhaust. I was driven to what I thought was a warehouse for SKG Studios, but what really was the basement of some guy's parents house, and forced to roll dice for 14 hours straight. At the end of 14 hours, the gag was finally removed and I was able to actually participate in the game, which I had become interested in. The psychologist would later call this a bizarre form of Stockholm Syndrome. Since then, I've been attracted to ill-smelling, ill-lit rooms where people make up character to play games. All the time, somewhere a voice in my deep subconscious is saying, "Please kill me..."
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »
I was lurking on SA TG discussion and you like your podcast in it.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »
I searched the Google one night for actual play dnd podcast. This is what piped up. I found you guys and return to northmoore that night and never turned back.

robotkarateman

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mulsk!
    • View Profile
    • AARG roleplaying system
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
I got the idea of doing an actual-play for the system I'm writing and started looking for RPG podcasts to see what other people were doing. I found Paul of Cthulhu's "Horror on the Orient Express", and from the Yog-Sothoth forums I found RPGPodcasts.com. I went through every single AP podcast on there and RPPR was one of a handful of AP podcasts that not only had a high enough recording quality to be listenable but also had a cast that I didn't want to strangle.
GENERALA, my free dungeon-crawling RPG, is now available! And it's free!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
After I listened to the D&D podcast put out by Wizards of the Coast all the way through their available episodes I started looking for other podcasts. Basically I just Googled "rpg podcasts" and I found a rather crappy one I don't remember the name of. After a few more links RPPR popped up. The most recent episode then was one of the october ones. I listened to it, thought it was awesome, and started listening to the shows from the beginning.

Back then I worked in records all day so I could just throw on my headphones and listen at my desk which meant I listened to about four episodes of RPPR a day. When I got into the twenties I started mixing the new ones with ones I'd already heard, especially the Bad Player.

I didn't notice the forums for sometime and back then they where a pretty ugly affair. When I got to an episode where Ross mentioned donations I decided to throw a few bucks into the pot and, seeing how I love attention, I registered with the forums so if they mentioned my name on the show it would have something to be connected to.

And I've basically been hanging around ever since.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
I didn't notice the forums for sometime and back then they where a pretty ugly affair. When I got to an episode where Ross mentioned donations I decided to throw a few bucks into the pot and, seeing how I love attention, I registered with the forums so if they mentioned my name on the show it would have something to be connected to.

So this is why you post so much Tad.  :-*
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:43:34 PM »

So this is why you post so much Tad.  :-*

Basically. It's also why I try to worm my way into anything that might possibly be mentioned on the show. I get all excited when internet personalities say my screen name. The doctors say that will pass now that they have me on some new pills but the nurse always forgets to check under my tongue so the joke's on them really.

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
RPPR is one of the first podcasts I ever listened to.  After I got my Zune, I was finally like "what is this podcast thing I hear so much about?"  So I looked through the Zune Marketplace for RPG podcasts and this one seemed to be one of the few worth its salt.  I actually started listening to some of the big-name ones well after I discovered RPPR.  Its just consistently a good show and the actual plays are some of the most listenable on the internet.

I signed up for the forums after Ross started doing his "forum highlights" segment.  Some of the discussions sounded like things I actually cared to give input on (which is rare for me).

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
After I heard that I had a fan club on here, I decided to start posting regularly.

You all should feel blessed because this is the only forum I actually post in.

Just to let you know, I feel blessed to have such a great group of people to discuss stupid shit with. I've always loved how friendly everyone is and I appreciate the love spread to our little gaming group.

There.

I'm off to go clean my pussy now.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

KallMeKip

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I started Listing on Episode 8 And then I heard you talk about the forums on the podcast so here I am.

TigerStorm

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »
I had never really thought much about podcasts until I finally got around to listening to the demo-podcasts that had auto-downloaded onto my Zune. I found one of them to be pretty humorous and decided to actually take a look at the available podcasts in the marketplace. The first one I downloaded was a Japanese language tutorial, then I just kept browsing the categories until I found one that had an amusing logo... enter RPPR. Eventually, I sent you guys an email (which you eventually read in the New Year episode). It was actually quite a while after sending that before I decided to register to the forums.

Ayslyn

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 02:10:24 AM »
Started listening to the Penny-Arcade actual play podcast, and that got me looking for RPG podcasts in general.   After wading through several that ranged from interesting, but misguided (imo); to nearly unbearable, I found RPPR, and loved it.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 02:15:59 AM »
welp order66 isn't very good at reading is he