Author Topic: RPPR Fanfic Call for Submissions  (Read 14266 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
RPPR Fanfic Call for Submissions
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
All right all you RPPR listeners, especially all you Codyphiles, we're looking for fanfic submissions based on RPPR characters.

The rules are simple.

Choose your favorite RPPR character that someone has played in one of the actual plays, that has been discussed in the RPPR episodes, or that has been discussed on the forum boards and write a 500 word short story based on that character. Genre and setting are up to you.

Post all submissions to this thread.

Based on what we get, we might record a few of them.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Fanfic Call for Submissions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »
(I'm so sorry)

Ernie Hudson woke up and found himself in the Precambrian period. Looking around he discovered that he was suddenly ten feet tall and had a tail and an extremely long hair braid. Oh, and his skin was blue too. Ernie had been through worse though and decided to go traversing through the forest.

Suddenly, as Ernie was walking nearby a gigantic waterfall a humongous rhino bulldog monster jumped out of the nearby tree line and began to attack him. Using ninja like skills that only a fully trained Ghostbuster could posses, Ernie did a quadruple back flip over the charging monster. But, oh no! Ernie had mistakenly been performing his Kong-fu far too close to the Precambrian Era Waterfall. He back flipped clear off the side and began to plummet towards the jagged rocks at the bottom.

Screaming in terror as his life flashed before his eyes, Ernie remembered that he had hepatitis C and nothing really mattered anyways. Suddenly, a humongous bird monster flew underneath him and saved him from his impending death. Riding the bird monster was a blue skinned figure that looked exactly like him! Suddenly and unexplainably, Ernie was attracted to this mysterious woman even though he had only just met her.

As they flew back to her colossal tree home she told him that the evil humans, who were allied with the Velociraptors, were trying to kill her people, the Na’vi. She told Ernie that her name was Neytiri, daughter of the Na’vi leader. Ernie decided that if he was going to do anything in the Precambrian period he was going to have sex with this blue alien woman.

When Ernie and Neytiri got to the Na’vi tree home he got to talk with the Na’vi chieftain. The chieftain told Ernie that the Human-Velociraptor Alliance wanted to kill all the Na’vi to obtain the unobtanium underneath the tree home. Ernie also decided that he was going to fight the Humans and their evil Velociraptor allies because he loved the Na’vi and wanted to fuck Neytiri, hep C be damned!

So Ernie trained with Neytiri to become one with the nature of the Precambrian period. He learned how to use his long hair braid to connect with all the animals and trees and what not. He learned how to ride the bird monsters and the horse monsters and the rhino bulldog monsters. When he was finally ready he gathered the Na’vi warriors and attacked the Humans and Velociraptors.

It was a great battle and many Na’vi, humans, and reptilian monsters died. Ernie himself killed fifty humans with no qualms whatsoever. He even managed to defeat the human general and Velociraptor king in single combat, Mortal Kombat style. After the final fatality, Ernie finally learned what it meant to be a Na’vi. Oh and he had sex with Neytiri. He also learned that the military industrial complex was always bad. Pollution was bad and extortion was bad too. The only good things are nature and Na’vi pussy.

Then he was eaten by a Velociraptor

THE END                                 

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Aw. No response whatsoever?

I don't think it deserves a title but, if I were to name it I would call it Avatar: Velociraptor Rising.  

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »

I don't think it deserves a title but, if I were to name it I would call it Avatar: Velociraptor Rising. 

There's no responce because I cut out my eyes so I won't accidently read it again. And before you ask, I'm making a friend type this for me. And then I'm cutting out his eyes, just to be safe.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »

There's no responce because I cut out my eyes so I won't accidently read it again. And before you ask, I'm making a friend type this for me. And then I'm cutting out his eyes, just to be safe.

And that's just the kind of quality that we are looking for.  ;)

MOAR! MUST HAVE MOAR!
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »
Na'vi pussy!

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
Now you just need to retype it, fill it with typos so it is almost unreadable, reduce your vocabulary to that of an average elementary school student, and you could totally pass as a quality fanfic writer...

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:51 PM »
I may be low, but not that low. I still respect the art of writing, even if I'm expressing it with a fanfik. 

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
Need moar fanfics!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
Need moar fanfics!

This is an unedited and largely unfinished flash fiction based on Orlen Johnson's life as a hitman for Dr. Larsen (c.f. Omar Shanti Must Die!). I may do some more work on Orlen Johnson at some point, I haven't decided.

---

Bogomolov’s Apartment

“What do you want me to do with the meat?”

Orlen Johnson held his cell phone with one hand while keeping the barrel of his silenced .45 against the forehead of Miroslav Bogomolov. Bogomolov opened his eyes and looked up at the man standing above him wearing a duster and bowler. He squirmed against the duct tape that bound him to a chair. He had been painting when someone had come up behind him and plunged a syringe into his neck. He had not seen the person until now.

“Yes, I understand.”

Johnson squeezed the trigger and fired two more rounds into Bogomolov’s chest. He snapped a picture using his cell phone camera.

“It’s done. Meet me tomorrow. Bring the money.”

Bogomolov rented a loft on the top floor of a renovated warehouse. A completed series of mural sized paintings were arranged on a number of easels. Smaller paintings were stacked against each other in the corner. Brushes and paints were scattered across tables and the floor.

Johnson removed a box of black garden trash bags from a duffel bag. He slid a bag over the top of each of the smaller paintings and pulled the bag down to the base of the painting.

Dietrich was the painter. He kept painting as the cultist started pouring into the hallway. They are pinching us, I screamed at him over the rat-a-tat of my Tommy Gun, I can’t hold them off much longer. I was trying to keep track of the number of bullets I had left while Dietrich kept painting. His eyes were placid. He was already gone.

After finishing bagging the paintings, he put the trash bags back in his duffel and grabbed a collapsed cardboard box and a roll of strapping tape. He built the box and walked through the room putting the brushes and paints into it. Once he was finished, he loaded the smaller paintings and the box of brushes and paints into the service elevator. He flipped open his pocket watch and looked at the time. He was moving slower than expected.

Johnson’s rented white panel van was parked next to service elevator in the open space beneath the building. He opened the back doors of the van and pulled out a canvas tube setting it upright in the elevator. He loaded the smaller bagged paintings and cardboard box into the van.

Back upstairs, he took a canvas knife and cut each mural from its frame. He stacked the murals on top of one another and rolled them from their short side. He slid the rolled murals into the canvas tube and loaded the tube in the elevator.

Johnson started humming, “Life is not a highway strewn with flowers…”

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
I also had started making some short sketches for a game or series of short fiction. Here are some of the items found in the Orlen Johnson files.

---

Item #348
Blood-soaked Leather-bound Journal
Found at Holliday Inn, Brookville, OH on 27 January 2006

NOTE 1: The author of the journal believed to be Orlen Johnson (born – 1880, gone missing – 1925). Johnson was an infamous Chicago hitman who went missing and was believed to have been killed in the mid-1920s. Some have speculated Johnson was a member of the Larsen expedition that disappeared while investigating an island in the South Pacific. Though this fragment seems to connect Johnson to Larsen, the chronology does not seem to line up. Johnson should be presumed alive and extremely dangerous. Many pages seem to have been torn out of the journal. Only this fragment remains.

NOTE 2: Three weeks before the journal was discovered in Brookville, a tattoo parlor outside of Enid, OK was burnt to the ground. The police suspected arson. The shop owner is still missing.

NOTE 3: Two different types of blood were found on the journal. One is human blood and believed to be Johnson’s. The other type of blood was unidentifiable.

If anyone could quantify a person’s sanity that person would have been Larsen. Larsen. Dr. Larsen. He taught me how to spot them. The san-zeros. The one’s completely given over to their pursuit of worshipping and dying for THEM. If I could only kill all of them. Maybe then I could finally relax. Larsen taught me how to spot it in their eyes and their speech and their movements. These aren’t like the over-exaggerated movie cultists either. They live like normal people. Go to work everyday. Have wives and children. And still they worship them in secret or sometimes not. The other day, I saw some kid with the sign tattooed on his shoulder, so I threw him up against the wall and demanded to know why he had it. The kid said he saw it on the wall of some tattoo parlor, so I found the place and burnt it to the ground. I could tell the owner by his smell.

But Larsen taught me too well. I’m starting to see that Larsen is different. Maybe he always was different and I just never noticed it before. With every job I do for him, I see his mask of humanity slipping a bit more each time and I’m scared to know what lies beneath that mask. I’m beginning to question if I haven’t become the thing I so desperately hate. How many more jobs until it’s Larsen – Larsen, even the name seems wrong, more wrong than me even – until it’s Larsen at the other end of my gun. And will I be

---

Item #116
Black and White Photo circa 1924
Found in the files of Detective Robert J. Andrews

NOTE: Robert J. Andrews was assigned the South Side Speakeasy massacre on 29 December 1924. Through a street informant, Andrews learned that Louis Cassenetta, consigliore to the mafia underboss, had hired local hit man Orlen Johnson to carry out the attack on speakeasy. Andrews obtained this photo after Cassenetta was murdered four months after the massacre. The other man in this photo is believed to be Orlen Johnson.

[The black and white photo shows two men sitting at a table with dollar bills piled in the center. The man on the left has been labeled Cassenetta. He is wearing a black suit. He is smoking a cigar and a whiskey glass sits in front of him. A deck of cards sits between the two men. The man on the right wears a white suit and a bowler hat. He has his poker hand down so the camera can see the cards. A tea cup sits off to his side.]

Item #247
Security Camera Screen Capture
Taken from the security camera at a Wells Fargo bank, Milwaukee, WI on 14 June 2004

NOTE: Image analysis suggests the man in this photo is the same man that appears in the Andrews black and white photo (Item #116). The man does not appear to have aged in the eighty-years taken between the two photos.

[The security camera screen capture shows a man walking into the lobby doors at the Wells Fargo bank. The man wears a white suit. He carries a briefcase in one hand and a black bowler hat in the other.]

Item #255
Inmate Photo
Taken at the Arizona State Hospital on 3 August 1994

NOTE: Image analysis suggests the man in this photo is the same man that appears in both Item #247 and Item #116. Records show that a man was brought to the Arizona State Hospital on this date raving about being from the 1920s. The man was sedated and placed in a room by himself. Rumors exist that when nurses went to check on the man, he had disappeared. The hospital fervently denies these rumors.

[A man stares coldly into the camera. He is wearing a torn white button down shirt. His unkempt hair is brown with some streaks of grey along his temples. His face looks weathered as though he has been out in the sun for an extended period of time.]

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
Here is one.

LT's Story

The battle isn't going too bad, considering we are facing a dragon.  I can't believe the idiots walked right into its trap.  I wish they would let me lead and blaze the trail.  It is what I do after all.  They still think of me as their toy, not as a real adventurer.  Crashing through the forest so every creature can hear.  They are about as useful in the wilderness as tits on a frog. 

For all their power in battle, they can be really dense sometimes.  I remember the awe we felt in our first encounter and the pride I had in being able to join them.  But, their warts have started to show.   At least they are unfailingly loyal to me and my people.  And brave, even when it leads to messes like this one.

Sure, the initial cloud of poison was a surprise.  But we weathered that, and now seem to be getting the better of him, more or less.  The wicked one with bleeding cloak has been damaging the beast with his evil spells and I have actually been getting in some really good shots.  My hit and run tactics have allowed me to strike quickly and avoid getting eaten.  Then Relvar the bronze hammer turns a really nasty purple/green color and collapses.  Must have been the poison.  No getting up after that.

Next, the DragonMan goes down.  He has been upfront battling toe to wingtip with the dragon, even though the dimmest tadpole would know to stay back and attack from distance.  He is bleeding out and no one can get past the real dragon to help.

It appears the dragon's attention has been diverted away from me for the moment.  He is trapped in the wizard's icy hand spell.  Even though it is struggling with a crazed frenzy, it is not able to break loose.

I take this chance to sneak forward and try to get a potion down the dragonman's throat.  I think I can be quiet and quick enough to get this done safely.  We don't stand a chance without his sword in the battle.

As I sneak forward, I hear a snapping sound come from below me.  It seems to pierce through the noises of battle.  I stepped on a damned stick.  The dragon shrugs free of the wizard's grasp and his head snaps in my direction.   His gaze freezes me in place.  His cold dry hand darts out and wraps around my body.  I am pulled off my feet and into his grasp.

It wraps its tail around my neck and threatens to kill me if they don't let it go.  It must be hurt pretty badly to stoop to bargaining for its life.   The tail tightens and I am having trouble breathing.  They will end this battle and save me,  won't they?  It is offering peace after all.  I am only in this mess because I was trying to save one of them ...

Crap, stupid greedy ba...

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
VICTORY

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
VICTORY

In a related note, I was texting Ross while he was at Fear the Con today and discussing the possibility of writing (with Tom) a CoC/DG campaign based on the characters that Tom and I created in the Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign. Tom's first character, Dr. Larsen, became a powerful mythos sorcerer that opposes Nyarlathotep after Tom's PC reached SAN-0. My character, Orlen Johnson, went to work for Dr. Larsen in the 1920s and then again in the present day after being thrown through a time gate at the end of the Masks campaign. Some of this relationship is established in the Omar Shanti Must Die! AP that is being offered as a reward for contributing to the Codex of War ransom.

The campaign / game we would write would basically place the PCs in the middle of a confrontation between Dr. Larsen the world's most powerful mythos sorcerer who commands a large human and supernatural army. And Orlen Johnson the world's most elusive and powerful assassin who has turned against his once benefactor. PCs would die left and right.

Ideas? Suggestions? Approval?

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
Must Die is fucking insane. I've never listened to a more actiony CoC scenario.
I like the campaign idea. Would it be set in a type of Armageddon scenario where Larsen's army is starting the apocalypse or something else?