Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Online  (Read 6110 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Dungeons and Dragons Online
« on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:23 AM »
A couple of my friends started playing this and pointed it out to me.  I thought I would pass this on to you all if you weren't aware of it and were interested in checking it out.  I was very pleasently surprised at how much you can do and how good it is for being completely free (it is a few years old though).  Anyway, just wanted to point it out and pass it on...

http://www.ddo.com/

Boyos

• View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:14 AM »
Yeah I played DDO for a while, From what my buddie said for little to no money honstly you can hit max level and what not. I never realy got passed the newbie island though.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
Yeah I played DDO for a while, From what my buddie said for little to no money honstly you can hit max level and what not. I never realy got passed the newbie island though.

Yeah so far as I can tell, they opened it up now so that you can do everything but a few areas and can't play as Drow, or Warforged, or as a Monk or Favored Soul, but these can be "bought" with points earned in game (albeit slowly)...

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 02:34:20 AM »
There's something else about every 4 levels you cap out unless you get an ingame book that you can pay cash, for or trade for ingame.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
There's something else about every 4 levels you cap out unless you get an ingame book that you can pay cash, for or trade for ingame.

I think they tossed this last September, according to Wikipedia: "On June 9 2009, the official D&D Online website announced that Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach would be converted to a subscriptionless "free to play" game for players in North America, under the new name Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited. The level cap would be increased to level 20 (also the standard level cap in the tabletop Dungeons & Dragons) and Free users would have access to the majority of game content; some features would have to be purchased with Turbine points or unlocked through play."

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:14:18 PM »
Na it was something he was still doing back like 2 months ago. I know you get what 4 mile stones or soemthing like that per level, and every 4 levels you had do do some dungen and get a book, or just buy the book to keep getting exp past that point, and had to do it every 4 levels.  I did not realy understand it then though, but yeah you can still get them in game.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
Whatever you do, don't play this with people you actually like - you will lose all free time.

I had to quit because I was playing too much because I was having too much fun with the group I was adventuring with.

I enjoyed it for over a year when it was subscription and it was the game or my marriage... not sure if I made the right choice...

I also had to quit playing WOW.

I draw the line at my pen and paper though - you can't take that away from me!

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Whatever you do, don't play this with people you actually like - you will lose all free time.

I had to quit because I was playing too much because I was having too much fun with the group I was adventuring with.

I enjoyed it for over a year when it was subscription and it was the game or my marriage... not sure if I made the right choice...

I also had to quit playing WOW.

I draw the line at my pen and paper though - you can't take that away from me!

haha If only I had my x-fire running during all the time I played wow. I played wow constantly for close to the first 4 years of the game 25-50+ hours a week. I would leave the game for 2 or 3 months about every year and half, Like i did recently, but trust me im sure ill be going back soon enough.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
I'm bothered by the fact that ddo is two letters away from dildo.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.