Author Topic: Game suggestion  (Read 15868 times)

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Game suggestion
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:31:24 PM »
You should do a game based on Kids Next Door, or am I the only person that ever watched that? I always found the show interesting, and combined with Monsters rules and RPPR humor it could be hilarious.
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
Re: Game suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
KND is tolerable mainly because they had a musical episode called Operation F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E.
Heres the Wiki article -

Gwar also did the music for an episode of the show Codename: Kids Next Door titled "Operation F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E." They played altered versions of both "The Private Pain of Techno Destructo" and "Gor-Gor", changing the lyrics to fit the storyline (which centers around a villain's repeated attempts to get the kids to eat healthy food). Unable to find the original music tracks for the songs, they re-recorded them specifically for the episode. In the music credits, they went under the name of RAWG for this show.

I think i've watched it about a dozen times and its awesome every time.
Goes without saying that I'm a Gwar fan also.

so erm yeah, Monsters and other childish things would if it very well!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
I like the show in general, some episodes are better than others. I think you could do a pretty good Monsters game with it as inspiration with the slight problem that there's nothing really like monsters in the show.

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »
My thought that was to use the monster rules to stat all the 2x4 tech, such as the flashlight/glass bottle laser rifle... I don't know the system outside the APs though so I don't know if it would work.
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:52:40 PM »
My thought that was to use the monster rules to stat all the 2x4 tech, such as the flashlight/glass bottle laser rifle... I don't know the system outside the APs though so I don't know if it would work.

It's a robust and simple system so that could actually work. Monsters are built from Hit Locations (10 total) of five dice each so if you use the Monster pool to build each individual kid's tech selection than it'd probably be functional.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »
Use Candlewick rules - each kid gets 5d worth of abilities

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 01:08:32 AM »
Use Candlewick rules - each kid gets 5d worth of abilities

I don't think that would give them access to all the things they normally use in the cause of even a single episode. Kids Next Door have an amazing range of equipment that isn't going to be reflected by only a few dice for Creepy Skills.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »
Personally, I just had the inspiration today to come up with a story involving all of the M. Night Shamalamalon movies in one world. I thought it was cool at first and then I realized that everything after Unbreakable sucked, so I just stared at the ceiling instead.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
Personally, I just had the inspiration today to come up with a story involving all of the M. Night Shamalamalon movies in one world. I thought it was cool at first and then I realized that everything after Unbreakable sucked, so I just stared at the ceiling instead.

If you combined Unbreakable with the creatures and background of Lady in the Water you might end up with something fun. Hell, add in Signs and make water a big theme through the whole thing. What're the other ones? The Village? The Happening? Can't work water into those very well.

Bruce Willace has powers that the aliens gave him when he was a child so they could use him as a weapon but they couldn't make him immune to water because they suck at water. How they did any advanced medical stuff on the dude when humans are 70% water is for somebody else to decide. Anyway, so they sent their grass wolves to invade the planet ahead of them and kill any of the water people dumb enough to poke their heads out.

Wow, that does sound horrible.

Murph

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
Please, Chowder is the best thing on TV right now.  Yes I am a 27 year old man who watches Chowder.

Seriously though, Chowder and Flapjack make me want to write a game/setting based on them.  Both of them are just so... odd.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »

If you combined Unbreakable with the creatures and background of Lady in the Water you might end up with something fun. Hell, add in Signs and make water a big theme through the whole thing. What're the other ones? The Village? The Happening? Can't work water into those very well.

I call BS on this one. In pure M. Night Shamalawngnome logic, major flood in the area forces the Villagers to stay and drown or reenter the world. In the Happening, water ends up being the cure. The moral of the story becomes: WATER YOUR FUCKING PLANTS!
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

I call BS on this one. In pure M. Night Shamalawngnome logic, major flood in the area forces the Villagers to stay and drown or reenter the world. In the Happening, water ends up being the cure. The moral of the story becomes: WATER YOUR FUCKING PLANTS!

Oh my god, seriously? Well don't blame me, I've never watched either of them.

So this water thing is in everything he's done. It's new.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
Fucking typing and my not doing it right.

That is new. That is new to me because I did not know it before.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »

Oh my god, seriously? Well don't blame me, I've never watched either of them.

No, I'm saying that you could work it in. That's not what happens in the films.

EDIT: In the future, I need to check that I'm at the bottom of the quotes before I start typing.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
No, I'm saying that you could work it in. That's not what happens in the films.

EDIT: In the future, I need to check that I'm at the bottom of the quotes before I start typing.

Oh, so that didn't actually happen in the movies. Okay, I think I'm caught up now.