Author Topic: Need help with a BBE  (Read 5244 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Need help with a BBE
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
So I'm putting together my first epic BBE for my campaign...I'm only been GMing for six months and the only BBE i've done is the albino grippili in the Gobo Hulk.

So this what I have planned. I was hoping for some feedback in case I'm being a classic noob gm and going over the top with how I'm making it work.  Also I'm worried is I came up with it after Ross's 'Sense of Wonder' and I was going for 'oh my god this is awesome' and I don't want 'oh my god this is retarded'

The Big Bad (Mordain Fleshshaper from the Eberron gimped down in the monster maker) opens the doors to where the unspeakable abherant evil has been imprisoned for thousands of years.   He runs off into the darkness and the party of four races after him.   The party jump off a landing and onto the descending magic elevator disk the Big Bag is riding down this large shaft.  Skill Challange to land on their feet verses Fing up and spending a round hanging on for dear life on the lip of the disk/elevator.  I'm thinking  6x6 disk/elevator?  For X number of rounds they go at it when the Big Bag.  Then a small waterfall hits the disk/elevator and damn near flips it.   Skill Challange to not roll down the tilting disk or end up dangling off the lip for a round.   They fight until the boss gets to bloodied, then another waterfall hits the disk and flips it completely, everyone falls screaming and crying down the black shaft.   Before they hit bottem they hit some sort of magical safty net.  After a moment of being stunned by the net the players shake it off and race after the Big Bag down a flooded corridor.  They catch up with him and find him pitching a fit in front of the corpse of the unspeakable evil.   There's a set of double doors like the ones they entered way way up above that are broken and collapsed on the creature, crushing it to death.   Boss fight in the flooded chamber until the Big Bad finally dies.   Party realizes the double doors down here lead to the King's Highway.   Heading back to the elevator and examining the shaft they're in they realize its walls are crystal and the multiple waterfalls coming down the shaft are sea water.   A quick intellegence check and they realize why the island is called the Anchored Isle...its a mote that Lumerians anchored with at least one magically enchanced crystal shaft.

Is that bat shit nuts or a good BBE?
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a BBE
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:51:24 PM »
I'm sure it will be fun.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
BBE = Big Beautiful Elf. Those sluts need loving too.  :'(
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
BBE = Big Beautiful Elf. Those sluts need loving too.  :'(

That's why Moradin created dwarven spirits.