Author Topic: I am a horrible monster because I didn't let a player control another PC  (Read 82713 times)

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
Re: I am a horrible monster because I didn't let a player control another PC
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »
I bet those other better tenor-ed forums don't have threads about

MOTHERFUCKING SYNIBARR!!!!

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
I'm not opposed to piling on in principle though

especially if it's order66

Im still doing the if you ignore the problem it will go away. But he has toned it down a bit since he was banned.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02:21 PM »
I'm not opposed to piling on in principle though

especially if it's order66

Im still doing the if you ignore the problem it will go away. But he has toned it down a bit since he was banned.

He's learning. He's progressed from troll to kobold.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »

Zero Tolerance Policy

RPPR  Forums

RobJustice

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
And, who thinks the next episode of BearSwarm is going to cover social skills affecting players? Hands?

Actually, we already covered that back in October: http://www.bearswarm.com/episode-77-social-and-intelligence-mechanics

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
And, who thinks the next episode of BearSwarm is going to cover social skills affecting players? Hands?

Actually, we already covered that back in October: http://www.bearswarm.com/episode-77-social-and-intelligence-mechanics

Truly, the Bear Swarm are the Oracles of Delphi of our times.

Connallmac

• View Profile
I know I am late getting to this topic, in addition to mostly lurking here, but a long car trip on Saturday let me finally catch up on my RPPR episodes. Having played and run rpgs for seventeen years now I think Ross made exactly the right call. I've read Aron's blog posts and I think had another player tried the same sort of thing on him he would have been terribly upset over Ross having let said player run roughshod over his character. The only way to handle this sort of situation, barring a game with actual mechanics for it like Burning Wheel, is to role play it out and handle it like adults. Robbing another player of free will is never cool, and I don't allow it at my table.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
I was about to go ballistic that someone res'd this thread, but then I read the response.  :-*
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• View Profile
I know I am late getting to this topic, in addition to mostly lurking here, but a long car trip on Saturday let me finally catch up on my RPPR episodes. Having played and run rpgs for seventeen years now I think Ross made exactly the right call. I've read Aron's blog posts and I think had another player tried the same sort of thing on him he would have been terribly upset over Ross having let said player run roughshod over his character. The only way to handle this sort of situation, barring a game with actual mechanics for it like Burning Wheel, is to role play it out and handle it like adults. Robbing another player of free will is never cool, and I don't allow it at my table.

Have you heard the Actual Play yet? Cause when it comes up in the game, nothing is realy said other then, flower boy going, Can I roll Presuade? Ross going no, I dont like that happeing in my game sorry. Flower boy, Ok.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile

Have you heard the Actual Play yet? Cause when it comes up in the game, nothing is realy said other then, flower boy going, Can I roll Presuade? Ross going no, I dont like that happeing in my game sorry. Flower boy, Ok.
Yeah, it's totally brushed over and nothing really happens, which is really surprising that he was so upset about it...

Connallmac

• View Profile

I can't say as I have, I've never really gotten in to the Actual Play episodes. That makes Aron seem even more lame, nothing like a tempest in a teapot! It's situations like these when I try to take a deep breath and remember that every man is the hero of his own story. Some folks make it very difficult.