Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703766 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #465 on: May 24, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
I breath a sigh of relief, knowing you are an individual who has actually read Hellblazer and not simply seen the misadventured motion picture.

Assuming this was a hunter game what Compact did you belong to? I could imagine Ross running individual hunters or Compacts but he doesn't seem like the sort to enjoy the Conspiracies. Except maybe Task Force: Valkyrie.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #466 on: May 24, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »
Aaron is Task Force Valkyrie (which he loves to tell people he meets on the street . . . seeing as how he's a secret agent and all).

I'm actually part of the Lucifuge Conspiracy because I thought it sounded ridiculously hardcore. I perform good deeds in order for Lucifer to return to heaven. My character is much more kind than Constantine, but I modeled him after John.

My friend Rich and I refer to the movie as "Keanutine." What's so sad about that movie is the fact that it basically acknowledges some of the things from the comics so you know they fucking read them, but they stripped everything out. I mean, "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" was absolute shit but they also wrote the movie without looking at the comic because they optioned the film at the same time. You can at least make some sort of excuse for it being so shitty (also, James Robinson wrote it and let's face it, Starman and the Golden Age will be the only two good things the man has ever written), but Constantine has no excuse because they pulled from the source material.

To me, Brian Azzarello's run is the ultimate version of Constantine. It is perfect. I love all of him though. The Ennis run began with a huge fucking bang and I hate that Ellis couldn't go longer than 12 issues. Neil Gaiman had a great one issue story and Grant Morrison's two issues were some of the coolest stuff I've ever read (the Nuclear Symbol is symbolic of the Godhead? Fucking nuts!)

Anyway, I could go on all day, so I'll end it here.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 24, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
Neil Gaiman, as in American Gods Neil Gaiman?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
Aaron is Task Force Valkyrie (which he loves to tell people he meets on the street . . . seeing as how he's a secret agent and all).

God damn it Aaron. Did he have fucking business cards too?! I think this game might make me cry. It seems like I say that nearly every time I hear details about a game Aaron is in.

Anyway, the Lucifuge is definitally a favorite of mine. Did you go for the direct stuff or the really insidious shit?

Neil Gaiman as in Sandman Neil Gaiman. Vertigo Comics. Fucked up shit man. Actually, I'd love to see Tom play a modified Jesse from Preacher has a member of the Witch Hammer.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »
To my knowledge (since the games have yet to be posted and I've not been able to listen to myself again) I've only said that I'm working for AN organization.  I've yet to fully reveal my association with Task Force Valkyrie with any of the hunters (possible exception of Tom because of our character background, sorry I've slept since then).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:58:33 PM by BeyondSandrock »
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
To my knowledge (since the games have yet to be posted and I've not been able to listen to myself again) I've only said that I'm working for AN organization.  I've yet to fully reveal my association with Task Force Valkyrie with any of the hunters (possible exception of Tom because of our character background, sorry I've slept since then).

Well that makes more sense. Still not sure that hinting your an MiB is a great idea in the World of Darkness.

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 25, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
So many thinks i want to spoil....alas you must wait.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #472 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »

Oh yes, my friend.

And American Gods is my all-time favorite book. Fantastic stuff.

As far as the Lucifuge goes, I try and just do good works so everyone can see that Lucifer got a bum wrap. I really like the idea of someone who worships Lucifer, but isn't at all a bad guy.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 25, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

Oh yes, my friend.

And American Gods is my all-time favorite book. Fantastic stuff.

As far as the Lucifuge goes, I try and just do good works so everyone can see that Lucifer got a bum wrap. I really like the idea of someone who worships Lucifer, but isn't at all a bad guy.

My goodness is Neil Gaiman awesome!  I remember the first time I read Coraline, I was like "This would scare the living shit out of kids, you can't let them read this!" lol
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #474 on: May 25, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
I still haven't read Coraline, but the movie was absolutely beautiful. I loved it.

His short story work is great too. "Goldfish pool" from Smoke and Mirrors is the coolest story.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #475 on: May 25, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
I still haven't read Coraline, but the movie was absolutely beautiful. I loved it.

I saw the movie version of Coraline too. Excellent film. I also enjoyed Stardust alot. And Mirror Mask.

His short story work is great too. "Goldfish pool" from Smoke and Mirrors is the coolest story.

"I Cthulhu" is good for a chuckle.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »

I saw the movie version of Coraline too. Excellent film. I also enjoyed Stardust alot. And Mirror Mask.

"I Cthulhu" is good for a chuckle.

Did you read Stardust cause that book is fucking amazing, and Mirror Mask is a trip lol.  And of course Sandman is amazing.
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #477 on: May 25, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »
I've only seen Stardust as a movie right now but I do want to read the book.

I didn't enjoy Sandman universally. It had some boring spots. I figure that's because it was a series and most of the things I've read with Gaiman where single instances.

Good Omens. Gaiman and Pratchett. Awesomeness.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »
Sandman does have portions that are a little boring (freaking World's End was awful) but the good portions outweigh the bad.

Doll's House is one of the most beautiful and artistic comic book storylines I've ever read. It truly is an example of how the form can be elevated to the next level of storytelling.

And Deadpool brings it right back down again.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »
I read Doll House at the city library back when I was in high school. No context with the rest of the Sandman series, it was the first one I picked up. Fucked my head.