Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703863 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #540 on: June 08, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #541 on: June 08, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »
Granted, the names are goofy in He-man, but it's still a kids show and their names just tell everyone what they do.

Beastman controls animals
Merman is an underwater man
Ram-man headbutts things
Stratos can fly
Buzzoff is a beeman.

All of that stuff is basic and elementary, but that's because it's for kids, but imagining the possibilities for this universe if it was allowed to grow up is where its at. Also, when you view all of the characters as analogues for Jack Kirby's Fourth World (New Gods, Darkseid and all that) it works on an all new level. There's some sweet stuff to be found in the Masters of the Universe World. I'll post more from my games when I have time to write more.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:05 PM »
What does fisto do? eh, *nudge-wink*

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 08, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »
Was wondering how may posts it would take for this to come up...

Type669

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 08, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »
Just seeing both images makes me think if Fisto's name is accurate to his shtick, there's bound to be both rectal lacerations and pink sock going on.  Better lay out the blue tarp or install floor drains.
What's the difference between a fine art photographer and a pizza?  A pizza can feed a family of four.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

It is cody's thread.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 08, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
It is cody's thread.
Which is precisely why I wondered how long it would take.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 08, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »
Lets put it this way, his fist skill is good, and we all know what fist skill does for CoC!

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #548 on: June 08, 2010, 09:36:59 PM »
Lets put it this way, his fist skill is good, and we all know what fist skill does for CoC!

Or at least what it does for F.A.T.A.L.

Anyway, I wanted to keep it classy, so I wasn't going to say a thing about his name. I hate even thinking about a character with such prominent facial hair fisting people.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 08, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
Some thoughts on He-Man…

I’ve noticed an abiding commitment to failure on the part of Skeletor and his minions. Skeletor is the worst sort of person you can work for because he is simply unwilling to take personal responsibility for any sort of failure. Skeletor, in short, will always leave you hanging out to dry!

Even if, by some miracle, Beastman, Evilyn, Trap-Jaw, Cyclops, Man-E-Faces and the rest of Skeletor’s employees were able to defeat He-Man, Skeletor just wouldn’t be able to accept success as an outcome.

For example:

Beastman: **proudly** We did it boss! -snort snort- We beat He-Man, we destroyed castle Greyskull and we killed that stupid bitch, the sorceress…

Skeletor: No! **strikes Beastman viciously with his staff** This is a trick. He-Man must have put you up to this! No!

Trap-Jaw: **earnestly** But, but boss we did it. Seriously, we destroyed Eternia!

Skeletor: **indignant** No! Shut your gob! **laughs angrily** Simpletons, there is no possible way, no conceivable way you could have defeated He-Man! It just isn’t possible!

Evilyn: **hesitatingly, unable to make eye contact with Skeletor** Skeletor, my love, you have to believe us! You’ve sold us down the river countless times. You have abandoned us in defeat over and over again. You have taught us to be strong; we used that strength to defeat your nemesis, He-Man!! **looks up at Skeletor, on his throne, with love in her eyes**

Skeletor: **scornfully** Shut your pie-hole bitch! **laughs mockingly** You bunch of incompetents could not have possibly defeated He-Man. This is a trick! I simply refuse to believe that I’ve won! He-Man HAS to be alive… I love him… sexually. **A single tear runs down Skeletor's bony cheek**

I’ve seen this sort of commitment to failure in a cartoon series before. Sadly the antagonists of Voltron, The Transformers, M.A.S.K., The Inhumanoids, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, etc. etc. come to mind. It isn't so much that Good vanquishes Evil as it is Evil's complete failure to launch.

In short, I believe Skeletor to be the Oakland Raiders of He-Man fanboydom…

That’s not to say I wouldn’t enjoy listening to Ross plod his way through Cody’s game. I would also, definitely enjoy Tom geeking out with Cody about the particulars and minutia of the He-Man universe (because I believe that Tom is secretly a fan). I definitely think that Aaron should be involved in this project, well, because I would love to hear Cody fuck with Aaron’s Boy Scout sensibilities…

As for this post, before Cody and his lobster cultist tear me a new asshole, I just want to end my rant by saying “Frog-snatch, Cum-shitters. Bee-rape…”
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:40:57 PM by Patrick »
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
He-man associated conversation has made this thread grow exponentially.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #551 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
The only problem I have with He-man is that Prince Adam has absolutely NO motivation to change back into Adam. It is pointless for him to have a secret identity especially since the reasoning is, "If they know Adam is He-man, Skeletor will attack the royal family."

HE ALREADY ATTACKS THE ROYAL FAMILY!!!!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »
I guess they just needed to connect he-man back to the royal family. Make him into an Aragorn type character.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
I dont know, the whole "they might attack the royal family" thing is probably just a cover.

Even when you're He-Man there are times when you just dont want to deal with people's shit.  Plus YOURE always the target, even if you're invincible that shit would get old.

So you turn back into the guy who nobody gives a shit about, the bad guys dont care enough to attack you, and the good guys think you're pathetic and weak and won't constantly come bitching to you with their problems.

I mean sure, you can't pull in the pussy quite like He-Man could, but you're still a prince and thats gotta count for something, and you dont have to always worry about whether its Evillyn (or worse) in disguise and you get woken up by a magic sword hacking at your he-men.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:49:15 PM by Joven »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 09, 2010, 12:34:40 AM »
I think robot chicken has summed up almost all the points that you guys have made haha!