Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 734226 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #735 on: August 12, 2010, 12:58:46 PM »
Yes, story time for us all! Begin the petition for request of additional He-Man stories!

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 12, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
I indeed would like to hear said He-Man stories. Hell, i'd even take a blog post about them.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #737 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
Please share your He-Man game stories. From what you said in episode 6 and a couple of others, it sounded interesting.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #738 on: August 12, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »
Pages 35 and 38 feature my first two stories from my Masters of the Universe campaign.

The sorceress teleported the players from Greyskull. A warmage joined the party (played by my friend, Chris) and they proceeded to explore the ruins of an old town. Some of the details of the session have been lost to time, but eventually, they found a bard (played by my wife), whom they decided to threaten to kill . . . a lot.

Sam followed them around because she was compelled to observe their actions.

Leaving the village, the party was attacked by a giant tiger and a group of smaller tigers. It was a vicious battle, but the team was successful in killing a feral, insane battlecat.

Again, much of the details have been forgotten over the years, but I recall that they met a hermit in the woods and the party of course decided to kill him. Jessica was the first to him and was about to slit his throat when he told her that he knew all about her life (she had amnesia and wanted to know about her past . . . remember?) and he said that if she let him live, then he would tell her everything in the future.

Back in those days, I used to take players into another room when I had information that was only for them. I did this to add some mystery to the game, but also because players were the worst about PC hiveminds, and I didn’t want them to know everything. Despite the fact that everyone was watching her, she made a bluff check and made it appear as if he got away from her.

In another private room conversation, Kahloon received a vision. Kahloon had never known his father, but through his vision, he saw a young Eternian prince, named Keldor. Keldor had fallen in love with a commoner and they had a child together. Knowing that he couldn’t be with her, he left and news later reached her that he had died. Keldor’s brother was Randor, King of Eternia. With Randor dead, Prince Adam missing, and Keldor long dead, that meant that Kahloon was the rightful heir to the Eternian throne.

Kahloon kept this knowledge to himself because he wasn’t sure how his companions would react, so for a few games, he never told anyone that he was secretly planning to overthrow Empress Lyn.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #739 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
And the hit list rolls on. So, Fisto is down, Battlecat is down. Who else will fall to the merciless blades of our brave adventurers?

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #740 on: August 13, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »
Needs more Bee Rape.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #741 on: August 13, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2010, 09:27:44 PM »
In the immortal words of Ghostbusters 2

"HE-MAN HE-MAN HE-MAN!"

And now looking back seeing Ross's negativity about He-man, and vaing just recently heard the comments on the podcast, Why he gotta be hatin? He's all actin a fool if he don't think He-man would be awesome"

Working for Evil Lynn, sweet

Killing that bad ass looking fisto and then cutting off his hands! Nice

Shapeshifting Man-E-Faces, brilliant. Savage feral Battlecat, getting better.

Though i have to wonder did you incorperate any of Princess of Power stuff in there, cause Hordak was awesome, espescially i the 200X stuff.  And Glimmer....clearly an illusionist sorceress.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Feyjarl

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 16, 2010, 12:53:38 AM »
[gets on soapbox]
Personally I have no issue with the 'colourful' language, and to reiterate the message, if you find this colour offensive (gotta love a play on words!) then it's your choice to turn it off and don't listen.

However, if you choose to sit through the whole thing and then whine about it, then you're offending my ears with your 'whining maggot' comments that's not fair to me as I have to read at least half of your <insert expletive>ing words before I get the chance to stop reading, write your name down and delete you from my life.

[/off soapbox]

Oh, and on a more general note, I love the show and the Actual Play sessions are brilliant, don't ever stop.

Feyjarl

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #744 on: August 16, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »
[gets on soapbox]
Personally I have no issue with the 'colourful' language, and to reiterate the message, if you find this colour offensive (gotta love a play on words!) then it's your choice to turn it off and don't listen.

However, if you choose to sit through the whole thing and then whine about it, then you're offending my ears with your 'whining maggot' comments that's not fair to me as I have to read at least half of your <insert expletive>ing words before I get the chance to stop reading, write your name down and delete you from my life.

[/off soapbox]

Oh, and on a more general note, I love the show and the Actual Play sessions are brilliant, don't ever stop.

Feyjarl

Wait.

Huh?

What?
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #745 on: August 16, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
[gets on soapbox]

[/off soapbox]

Feyjarl

Wait.

Huh?

What?

He says it's not cool that people complain about you (Cody) swearing on the show. And he likes the APs.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #746 on: August 16, 2010, 12:09:33 PM »
Ah. I was confused. I was afraid that I did something wrong.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #747 on: August 16, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
Ah. I was confused. I was afraid that I did something wrong.

Your call really. You have your own reiligon, dude; determination of morality is part of the deal.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #748 on: August 16, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
I'm really more into the whole "smiting infidels" portion of religion.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #749 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
I'm really more into the whole "smiting infidels" portion of religion.

It's cool. The priest hood is generally are ones writing down the moral laws anyway. I got a few good ones in there already.