Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 741449 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
So, I'm not really sure about the Cathartic Lobster, is there somewhere I could look to expand my knowledge?
I really expected the cult's response to be more like, "You will find all the knowledge you could hope to bear--right at the bottom of this pit!"

I wont lie, the pay sucks and anyone that gets recruited into the cult below you gets a lower position on the totem pole. frankly anyone below me is welcome whahahahaha!

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
Cathartic Lobster week is coming up soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got kiddos.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:25 AM »
NEXT WEEK IS MY BIG WEEK!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »
I am hemorrhaging in anticipation

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
I believe I have everything lined up on my end for the competition during the Fest.

Just a reminder to everybody to review the rules and please give it a shot. It's free and if you win than you get to pick a free book.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #320 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »
Day 1 and my day hasn't started so well. I woke up cranky with a lot of work to do and it just keeps piling up. I hope this cult will set my mood right. Looking forward to this week!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #321 on: February 02, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
We'll do our best.

I have alot of material that I'm hoping to have finished for the end of the week.

With luck I'll also have two seperate groups playing through the Beta version fo the first ever Cathartic Lobster Delta Green scenario.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 02, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »
We'll do our best.

I have alot of material that I'm hoping to have finished for the end of the week.

With luck I'll also have two seperate groups playing through the Beta version fo the first ever Cathartic Lobster Delta Green scenario.

I've beat you with the first Cathartic Lobster M&M scenario though. I've had the giant lobster attack the city upon being summoned by his cult. The players try to fight him off with little success. One player, who's main ability was teleportation, boiled some water, teleported over to him and dumped it on him. It was pretty funny.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #323 on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »
Not bad. Will you be submitting that for the contest?

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 02, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
I sadly have nothing planned still! ill prob just have to take 1000 lashings from the pit fiends and still be introuble.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #325 on: February 02, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
Don't panic, my friend. You have several days to prepare. Remember, Lobster Fest is simply about the effort of spreading the message of the cult.

The contest is about actual results but is considered secondary to the Festival. On the other hand, you won't win a prize if you don't submit something for the event so think hard and remember: it doesn't have to be a recorded game. Anything you want to do to farther the Carthartic Lobster is good.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »
First play test is in the bag! Sadly, due to time constrains, I did not reach the point of the scenario where any real references to the Cathartic Lobster occur so the session is not valid for the event. Luckily, I can't win anyway!

I learned alot, got some good advise from the players, and hope that the second beta test this weekend, which is not so tightly limited on time, will benefit from the learning experience and have more impressive results.

I still plan to make the first beta public because it has some fairly impressive CoC styled "shit going wrong at the worst possible moment". A taser is involved, as is a crippled CIA agent, and a special-commando hospital nurse.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »
What the Mojo Risen? I've got my game tomorrow, but didn't anybody else do one already beside Tad?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
Looks like we're seperating the pit diggers from the pit occupants on this one so far.

Wheels are meeting the road here, people. This weekend is the end of Lobster Fest 2010 and we need to make a big impression for the first ever celebration of the Cathartic Lobster so I want to, at the very least, talk about what they wanted to do but couldn't for whatever reasons.

The clock is ticking, gentlemen.

KallMeKip

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2010, 09:56:25 PM »
I had one planned but due to a Schedule clusterfuck cause by weather it wont happen till a the 7th. But I have test run it once already