Author Topic: Delta Green help  (Read 4650 times)

Selks

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Delta Green help
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:24:36 PM »
Hi guys new to the forum here, I'm looking for a bit of help with a game I'm starting on a friends forum.  I'm looking to start a game of Delta Green but rolling up a character sheet on the forum is a bit of a task, on top of that some players are coming up with great character/backstory ideas and I'd hate to see them not getting the appropriate stats to run with these ideas.  I'm thinking of perhaps introducing a point system for chargen, I'm basically wondering how many points you guys would think fair to give them to spread in their initial Stats?  They are going to be starting characters hopefully getting inducted into DG at the end of this scenario.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »
Use the 3.5 D&D system for statting up characters is my suggestion.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
what

that is terrible advice

a better suggestion

Use Byakhee to generate characters and export them as PDFs if you are using BRP Call of Cthulhu. Honestly stats don't matter a huge deal in CoC and it's easy to reroll in Byakhee.

OR

Run the game in Nemesis, a FREE modern horror system that works perfectly with Delta Green http://www.nemesis-system.com/up-download-files/nemesis/details.html

It is a point buy system so people can choose their strengths and weaknesses

Selks

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:25:06 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys it's much appreciated.  On a side note are we likely to have to have any more Actual Play of Delta Green games coming up soon?  I've really enjoyed listening to the actual play and DG is a personal favourite of mine.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »

Run the game in Nemesis, a FREE modern horror system that works perfectly with Delta Green http://www.nemesis-system.com/up-download-files/nemesis/details.html

It is a point buy system so people can choose their strengths and weaknesses

I support this idea. Having run the system it is super easy to use, quick to setup, and I think it would function well in a forum environment. The sanity system is better(!) than the original CoC and provides an interesting addition to a character's personality. Combat is fast paced and lethal, perfect for CoC stories.

The declare-roll-resolve method of handling initiative could work particularly well on a forum if it was scheduled right. During combat: People declare during the day, they all roll in the evening, the GM resolves at night. You could get out an entire round of combat every day (which is pretty good for a PbP in my experience) and keep things sane as a GM.