Author Topic: Future Ransom: The Aaron/CoC Project  (Read 83734 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Future Ransom: The Aaron/CoC Project
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »
that's... disturbing?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
I actually had a dream/nightmare with Aaron in it last night, I think he was trying to kill me.

That's funny. The week of the bad ice storm in Springfield in 2007 when Aaron was staying at our apartment I thought I was going to kill him.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
Good shootin', but I think Tom's game probably killed not only his PCs, but PCs at surrounding tables.

It's true about Tom's game. I was the first to go. 01 with a BAR at point blank range. Stupid crazy PC's. Why couldn't I use my Persuade to mind control him?  >:(

Seriously though. Awesome game. Loads of fun. Everyone died.

Operation Endgame was incredibly fun. Death by light kicks from Ristarr, sword-cane butchery from Aaron, and I garroted poor Tad with an ethernet cable because everyone was flipping out and murdering everyone else.

Good times all around. :)

B.A. Baracus

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • I need work
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
Good shootin', but I think Tom's game probably killed not only his PCs, but PCs at surrounding tables.

It's true about Tom's game. I was the first to go. 01 with a BAR at point blank range. Stupid crazy PC's. Why couldn't I use my Persuade to mind control him?  >:(

Operation Endgame was incredibly fun. Death by light kicks from Ristarr, sword-cane butchery from Aaron, and I garroted poor Tad with an ethernet cable because everyone was flipping out and murdering everyone else.

how many people passed out from drugs
I need work

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »

The "best" part is that my death was ultimately meaningless. Not only did it not directly effect anybody else but no one ON MY OWN TEAM wondered where I was!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

goddammit if the RPPR meet up next year is going to be half as fun as the 2010 meet up sounded like, I AM GETTING TO GENCON!

ArtfulShrapnel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
The "best" part is that my death was ultimately meaningless. Not only did it not directly effect anybody else but no one ON MY OWN TEAM wondered where I was!

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I went through all this effort hiding you, and they never even bothered to look. Some team....

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I went through all this effort hiding you, and they never even bothered to look. Some team....

Look for me?! Those assholes didn't even think about me. You where the only one who even mentioned my existance after we left the meeting room. I was more socially involved with my murderer than anybody on my own team apparently.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
Tad, I didn't want to mention it, but after that incident in Marrakesh we were about ready to frag you ourselves.  ;)

Actually, I got fragged by my own party twice at Gencon.  And neither was an RPPR game.  The RPPR games were just 2 TPKs and a 50% fatality game.  Ross took it easy on us in the Road Trip game and we all survived.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
yeah well, it's monsters so... you can't really kill off children, can you?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »
yeah well, it's monsters so... you can't really kill off children, can you?

Two words: Ross. Game.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
Whatevs...

Anyways, Aaron, I finally finished your LP. I thought you did pretty well with the GMing. You were far more bloodthirsty than I expected. How one player missed with the knife and instead sliced up another PC was pretty cruel, that guy didn't even fumble! Also, how the horse pretty much trampled that other PC's skull, wow, that was vicious.

My only problem was the ending. Why didn't you let the players decide between becoming ghouls and living to see another day, or dieing at the monstrous hands of the Colonel, but perhaps getting really lucky and fighting him off?

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »

My only problem was the ending. Why didn't you let the players decide between becoming ghouls and living to see another day, or dieing at the monstrous hands of the Colonel, but perhaps getting really lucky and fighting him off?

I do admit, I keep rethinking the ending myself.  I thought about possibly doing a large fight with the Colonel (possibly involving the Earth mover), but seeing the remaining time I had for the game I thought I should keep the story more concise and focused on shutting the reactor down (granted this is probably coming from my concerns of emulating Star Wars Lady and  the con game that went nowhere). In addition, I felt it would possibly be more frightening to the players to keep the Colonel as a malicious force that is never fully seen in order to increase the tension.

That is why I came to the conclusion to do the escape from the reactor via Grunwalds ghoul tunnel teleportation spell while the Colonel is trying to break his way into the sub-basement. Though something I thought of afterwards was to possibly allow the Colonel to break through and then during the fight give the players the option of escape through the ghoul tunnels. At least that way it would not have come off as potentially railroading them into a specific conclusion. Oh well, lesson for next time. 

Also, I had to factor in that the players doing the German and French resistance fighters refused to do ANYTHING. For the majority of the game they just sat there barely giving any input on how the group should proceed into the camp.  In retrospect I should have just put them in a position where it was only fight or die and not allow them to hide or run as often as they did.  As for Grunwald offering the players a chance to become ghouls, I felt their interaction with him did not warrant him offering to join the ghouls.  They obviously did not trust him and tried to resist the teleport, so if figured that would have to be an option for another game in the future.   
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

mathey

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
Great game, Aaron!

I think you shoulda had the one doofus who barricaded himself in isolation have a Too Horrible To Be Described death offscreen. You know, like "The rest of you hear a metallic thud. Then screaming. Lots of it. In German. It dies off with some sobbing and what sounds like wet sex. (to player of German 'resistance fighter') Give me your character sheet." Rip rip. 

As for the ending, you did a good job of holding off on actual physical descriptions for Grunewald and the Colonel and building tension for the last few players, but it sounded like you ran out of energy/time with the actual wrap up. That's happened to the best of us, but it did feel a bit rushed.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »
it was still a good game.