Author Topic: New World Monster Manual  (Read 20966 times)

New Start

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: New World Monster Manual
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
Also you mite want to space the stat text a little. Like so:

Armos Kamroth (Draconic Abberation)  

Medium Aberrant Magical Beast  
Level 9 Solo Controller (Leader)
XP 2,000

Initiative +5      Senses Perception +11; darkvision
HP 326; Bloodied 163
AC 25; Fortitude 26; Reflex 21; Will 19
Resist 20 cold; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Saving Throws +5
Speed 7 , Fly 5 (hover), Overland Flight 10
Action Points 2

Lance of Faith (standard; at-will) • Divine, Implement
Ranged 5; +11 vs Reflex; 1d8 + 6 damage, and one ally gains a +2 power bonus to his next attack against the target.

Bite (standard; at-will) • Cold
+14 vs AC; 1d8 + 5 plus 1d10 cold damage (plus an extra 1d10 cold damage on a successful opportunity attack).

Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +14 vs AC; 1d8 + 5 damage.

Dragon's Fury (standard; at-will)
The dragon makes two claw attacks. If the dragon hits a single target with both claws, it pulls the target to an adjacent square and makes a bite attack against the same target.

Breath Weapon (standard; recharge 5 6) • Cold
Close blast 5; +13 vs Reflex; 4d6 + 6 cold damage, and the target is slowed and weakened (save ends both).

Bloodied Breath (free, when first bloodied; encounter) • Cold
The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it immediately.

Cause of Fear (standard; encounter) • Divine, Implement
Ranged 10; +11 vs Will; 1 the target moves its speed +1 away from Armos. The fleeing target avoids unsafe squares and difficult terrain if it can. This movement provokes opportunity attacks.

Divine Fortune (free; encounter) • Divine
Armos gains a +1 bonus to his next attack roll or saving throw before the end of his next turn.

Healing Word (minor; 2/encounter) • Divine, Healing
Close burst 5; you or one ally can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.

Alignment: Evil   Languages: Draconic
Skills: Athletics +19
Str 20 (+9)   Dex 12 (+5)   Wis 14 (+6)
Con 16 (+7)   Int 12 (+5)   Cha 13 (+5)

© 2009 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This monster statistics block has been generated using the D&D Adventure Tools.

Also, a few more languages and skills will give him alot more flaver.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:35:33 PM by New Start »
Totems aren't "pack licenses," they're not handed out by the National Registry of Uratha Pack Services as soon as you complete Form 12458-B, Petition for the Formation of a Pack (Tribes of the Moon and Unaffiliated). - Kordeth

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »
Ah, I just copied the text straight from the Monster Builder, hence the lack of formatting.  And I don't have all his languages listed there, but he does know Common.  And yeah, the party will be level 9 by the time they get there.

As for the Rocketeer, it looks better, but did he have the damage bonus for crits originally?  That might be a bit dangerous, considering how likely the guy will get a crit given all the attacks he's going to be making.

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »
The rocketeer has inspired me.  My party is in a short, light hearted adventure against a super villain that will be making several reappearances during their careers.  The rocketeer is too high a level now, but will be good for the next time.  And it has suggested another theme for the villain.  I can see him altering his guardians either through necromancy ( a passion of his ) or through magical gadgets.  I am thinking something like the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz for this week's game.  Maybe zombie monkeys with wings grafted on... Gotta think about it a little bit.  Any suggestions appreciated.

The super-villain is a "brain in a jar" from the DM competition on the Wizards boards ( http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19904922/4E_Expert_Dungeon_Master_Competition_11:_Create_a_34;Little_Bad_Evil_Guy34;!?post_id=339164302#339164302 ).  It is a really cool bad guy.  The author also has a cool character from another competition.

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:53 AM »
The rocketeer has inspired me.  My party is in a short, light hearted adventure against a super villain that will be making several reappearances during their careers.  The rocketeer is too high a level now, but will be good for the next time.  And it has suggested another theme for the villain.  I can see him altering his guardians either through necromancy ( a passion of his ) or through magical gadgets.  I am thinking something like the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz for this week's game.  Maybe zombie monkeys with wings grafted on... Gotta think about it a little bit.  Any suggestions appreciated.

The super-villain is a "brain in a jar" from the DM competition on the Wizards boards ( http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19904922/4E_Expert_Dungeon_Master_Competition_11:_Create_a_34;Little_Bad_Evil_Guy34;!?post_id=339164302#339164302 ).  It is a really cool bad guy.  The author also has a cool character from another competition.

??? Okay, the Monster Manual already has a flying zombie entry (Rotwing Zombie pg 274). Ether use those as given or modify them to be more ape like.
Totems aren't "pack licenses," they're not handed out by the National Registry of Uratha Pack Services as soon as you complete Form 12458-B, Petition for the Formation of a Pack (Tribes of the Moon and Unaffiliated). - Kordeth

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
Okay, I got some more additions for ya.

The first one is for all you Goblin Hulk fans that want to put your PC's into a cluster fuck, but don't want to deal with running a combat with over 25 enemies.

Goblin Mob

Huge Natural Humanoid (Swarm)
Level 9: Soldier
XP: 400

Initiative: +11
Senses: Perception +5; low-light vision
Mob Attack: aura 1; the goblin mob makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in the aura.
Hp: 97; Bloodied: 48
AC: 25
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 21
Will: 17
Resist: half damage from melee and ranged attacks
Vulnerable: 10 against close and area attacks
Speed: 6 (see also goblin mob tactics)

Flurry of Blades (standard; at-will) - Weapon
+16 vs. AC; 2d6+5 damage and the target is marked.

Mass of Bodies
Allies of the goblin mob, may enter and move in their space as though it were difficalt terrain. If the ally is a goblin, they can ignore the difficalt terrain and gain a +2 to their AC and Reflex. Enemies may do the same, but they provoke a opportunity attack per square moved along with taking the same penalties as allies. Being in the same space as the goblin mob also means your in it's aura.

Goblin Mob Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will)
The goblin mob and any allies within it, may shift 1 square. The goblin mob can enter an enemies space this way.

Alignment: Evil
Languages: Common, Goblin
Skills: Intimidate +9, Stealth +11, Thievery +16
Abilities: Str 14 (+6), Con 17 (+7), Dex 20 (+9), Int 8 (+3), Wis 13 (+5), Cha 11 (+4)

The second one is when your PC's are paragon level and are exploring some deep dark lemurian ruins without a care in the world. Just drop this four armed monstrosity on them.

Ruin Crab Man

Huge Natural Beast
Level 14: Solo Brute
XP: 5,000

Initiative: +8
Senses: Perception +10; darkvision, tremorsense 5
Hp: 695; Bloodied: 347
AC: 28
Fortitude: 26
Reflex: 20
Will: 20
Saving Throws: +5
Speed: 6, burrow 6
Action Point: 2

Pincer (standard; at-will)
Reach 3; +15 vs. AC; 3d6+6 damage.

Quadruple Pinscr Attack (standard; at-will)
The ruin crab man makes four pincer attacks (two if it has grabbed a target). If two pincer attacks hit the same target, the target is grabbed. A grabbed target takes ongoing 10 damage from the ruin crab man's pincers until it escapes. The ruin crab man can only grab up to two creature's in this way and cannot make any more pincer attacks.

Bludgeon (standard; only useable when the ruin crab man has a grabbed target; at-will)
Reach 3; +15 vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the grabbed target takes damage equal to the attacked target. If the ruin crab man has a second target grabbed, it makes an attack with a second grabbed target as well.

Fling (standard; only useable when the ruin crab man has a grabbed target; recharge 6)
Ranged 10; +13 vs. Reflex; 3d10+6 damage and the target is knocked prone. The grabbed target takes half damage, is knocked prone and is no longer grabbed. Miss: The grabbed target takes half damage, is knocked prone and is no longer grabbed.

Alignment: Unaligned
Languages: -
Skills: Athletics +18, Dungeoneering +16
Abilities: Str 23 (+13), Con 19 (+11), Dex 13 (+8), Int 6 (+5), Wis 16 (+10), Cha 9 (+6)

As always, any comments or your own 4thE monsters are welcomed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:25:07 PM by New Start »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
I need to stat out a goblin hulk as a solo epic monster

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »
Dear god yes you do! Spawns 1d20 Minions every 1d3 rounds!

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 01:08:33 PM »
Sweet zombie Jebis! We need more Gobo Hulk even more than we need more dots!
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 01:15:42 AM »
I just got the DMG 2 a week ago, and so far I'm not realy imprest. The monster customizer is great and the skill challenge chapter is much needed, but for $35.00 I was hoping for a little more.

But enough of that, your here for some new monster entries. And today's entries are adding to everyone's favorite race, the Grippli!

Grippli Charger

Small Natural Humanoid (Aquatic)
Level 1: Brute
XP: 100

Initiative: +2
Senses: Perception +1
Hp: 35; Bloodied: 18
AC: 15
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 14
Will: 13
Speed: 6, (8 while charging), swim 6

Flint Axe (standard; at-will) - Weapon
+5 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage or 2d8+3 while charging.

Leaping Charge (standard; encounter) - Weapon
The grippli charger shifts up to it's charging speed and makes a basic melee attack at the end of it's move.

Powerful Leaping (move; at-will)
The grippli charger jumps up to its full move speed either horizontally or vertically, but not both in the same jump. It ignores difficult terrain while jumping. If it jumps horizontally, the height of the jump is equal to one quarter of the horizontal distance it travels. It is still subject to attacks of opportunities from enemies when moving with this ability.

Adhesive Grasp
When climbing, the grippli do not suffer any modifiers to the climbing DC from slippery or unusually smooth surfaces. They gain a +2 modifier to grapple other characters in combat. This bonus does not apply to escaping a grapple.

Languages: Common, Elven
Skills: Athletics +10, Endurance +9, Intimidate +0
Abilities: Str 17 (+3), Con 15 (+2), Dex 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10 (+0)
Equipment: hide harness, flint axe (battleaxe).

Grippli Charger Tactics
Despite their size and adorable apperance, grippli charger's are actually fearsome warrior's that charge into battle with little regard for their own well being.

Grippli Marksmen

Small Natural Humanoid (Aquatic)
Level 2: Elite Artillery
XP: 250

Initiative: +5
Senses: Perception +4
Hp: 72; Bloodied: 36
AC: 17
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 16
Will: 14
Saving Throws: +2
Speed: 6, swim 6
Action Point: 1

Short Bow (standard; at-will) - Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage.

Deadly Aim (standard; recharge 6) - Weapon
Ranged 20/40; +7 vs. Reflex; 3d8+5 damage and ongoing 5 damge (save ends).

Rain of Arrows (standard; encounter) - Weapon
Area burst 2 within 15; +5 vs. Reflex; 2d10+5 damage. Miss: Half damage.

The grippli marksmen jumps up to its full move speed either horizontally or vertically, but not both in the same jump. It ignores difficult terrain while jumping. If it jumps horizontally, the height of the jump is equal to one quarter of the horizontal distance it travels. It is still subject to attacks of opportunities from enemies when moving with this ability.

Color-Shifting
Grippli can change the color of their skin to a minor degree. For example, a green grippli could change his skin from a bright green to a dark olive green but could not become blue or red. This ability gives them a +4 to Stealth checks made in an environment matching their natural coloration.

Adhesive Grasp
When climbing, the grippli do not suffer any modifiers to the climbing DC from slippery or unusually smooth surfaces. They gain a +2 modifier to grapple other characters in combat. This bonus does not apply to escaping a grapple.

Skills: Athletics +10, Acrobatics +12, Stealth +10
Abilities: Str 14 (+3), Con 12 (+2), Dex 18 (+5), Int 11 (+1), Wis 16 (+4), Cha 12 (+2)
Equipment: leather harness, short bow, 30 arrows.

Grippli Marksmen Tactics
Grippli marksmen try to stay behind their allies, were they use their deadly aim and rain of arrows powers to their best effect.

Albino Grippli Priest

Medium Natural Humanoid (Aquatic)
Level 7: Solo Artillery (Leader)
XP: 1,500

Initiative: (see also unnatural reflexes)
Senses: Perception +5; darkvision
Conduit of the Dark Entity: aura 2; enemies that start there turn in the albino grippli's aura gains a necrotic and psychic vulnerability of 5 until the start of there next turn.
Hp: 264; Bloodied: 132
AC: 21
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 18
Will: 19
Saving Throws: +5
Speed: 6, swim 6
Action Point: 2

Dark Entity Pack Blade (standard; at-will) - Weapon
+11 vs. AC; 1d8+4 necrotic damage (crit 3d6+12) and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends).

Corruptive Blast (standard; at-will) - Implement, Necrotic
Ranged 10; +14 vs. Reflex; 2d6+5 necrotic damage (crit 3d6+17) and the target takes a -2 to AC until the end of it's next turn.

Driving Word (minor 1/round; at-will)
Close burst 5; An allie of the albino grippli gains a +2 attack roll until the end of it's next turn or makes a saving throw.

Words of the Dark Entity! (standard; recharge 5, 6) - Implement, Psychic
Close burst 5; enemies in the burst; +12 vs. Will; 3d8+5 psychic damage (crit 3d6+29) and the target takes a -2 penalty to Will defense (save ends). Allies in the burst, gain a +2 to their Will defense and get +5 temporary hit points.

His Master's Will (free; when first bloodied; encounter) - Psychic
The albino grippli's Words of the Dark Entity! recharges, and the albino grippli uses it immediately.

The albino grippli jumps up to its full move speed either horzontally or vertically, but not both in the same jump. It ignores difficult terrain while jumping. If it jumps horizontally, the height of the jump is equal to one quarter of the horizontal distance it travels. It is still subject to opportunity attacks from enemies when moving with this ability.

Unnatural Reflexes
The albino grippli does not roll initiative. It has two turns per round, on initiative counts 25 and 15.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Languages: Common, Elven, Deep Speech
Skills: Athletics +10, Bluff +12, Endurance +13, Insight +10, Religion +11
Abilities: Str 12 (+4), Con 18 (+7), Dex 15 (+5), Int 16 (+6), Wis 14 (+5), Cha 19 (+7)
Equipment: cloak, hide harness, pact blade

Albino Grippli Priest Tactics
Albino grippli priests try to keep their distance from their foes, letting more expendable allies fight them in melee. If the enemy manages to brake through the priests allies, it uses it's conduit of the dark entity aura to devastating effect.

I need to stat out a goblin hulk as a solo epic monster

Will it be a brute or a controller?  :D

As always, any comments or your own 4thE monsters are welcomed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:24:26 PM by New Start »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »
now that I think about statting the goblin hulk out I realize I can't make it a solo monster

it's too big

instead, I would have to create like 5-10 different 'monsters' based on sections of the ship. Killing one section damages the others and so on. It would take a lot of work to stat it out properly for epic.

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »
now that I think about statting the goblin hulk out I realize I can't make it a solo monster

it's too big

instead, I would have to create like 5-10 different 'monsters' based on sections of the ship. Killing one section damages the others and so on. It would take a lot of work to stat it out properly for epic.

Instead of going through the trouble of making 'section monsters', couldn't you just have a bunch of elite and solo traps that effect the whole of each section. They wouldn't have to be too dangerous. The PC's would just have to deal with them when ever they have an encounter in that section though.

Just a thought.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 04:13:25 PM »
well the idea is to have an epic level party fight an entire goblin hulk in one battle. Think of video game boss fights where the boss is so big that its arms are treated as separate creatures.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
The Goblin Hulk would have a strong god of war taste

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
well the idea is to have an epic level party fight an entire goblin hulk in one battle. Think of video game boss fights where the boss is so big that its arms are treated as separate creatures.

Oh, okay I see were your going.

Mind if I lend a hand in the creation process?

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
Mind if I lend a hand in the creation process?

I'll take that as a no.

Anyway, since were on the topic of epic monsters. I think it'd be a good time to see what the almighty Pontifex stats mite look like. But I'm not in the mood to go through the advanced calculus that would be Pontifex's stat block. So this entry going to be more of an answer to an all-powerful lich question: "How can I be in two places at once?"

Pontifex Double

Medium Natural Animate (Construct, Undead)
Level 21: Elite Controller
XP: 6,400

Initiative: +13
Senses: Perception +13; darkvision
Life Draining Aura (Necrotic) aura 5; Any living creature that regains hit points in the Doubles aura, only receives half the normal value (rounded down). The Double inturn gains the same amount in temporary hit points.
Hp: 400; Bloodied: 200
AC: 35
Fortitude: 33
Reflex: 30
Will: 33
Immune: disease, poison
Resist: 15 necrotic
Saving Throws: +2
Speed: 6
Action Point: 1

Staff of Pain (standard; at-will) - Weapon
+26 vs. AC; 2d6+5 damage and the target is stunned (save ends).

Scorching Bolts (standard; at-will) - Fire
Ranged 20; the Double makes three attacks on targets of its choice; +23 vs. Reflex; 3d6+8 fire damage per attack.

Soul Rending Gaze (minor; recharge 6) - Gaze
Ranged 10; targets only living creatures; +24 vs. Will; 4d12+7 necrotic damage and the target is weakened (save ends). If the target is reduced to 0 or lower hit points with this attack, the target dies and can not be raised by any effect. But if the Double is destroyed in the same encounter it kills a target with its soul rending gaze, the target comes back to life with its bloodied value in hit points.

Slowed Time (standard; sustain minor; encounter) - Zone
Close burst 5; automatic hit; creatures in the burst other then the Double are slowed until the end of there next turn.

Indestructible Guise
When the Double is reduced to 0 hit points, its body and possessions crumble into dust. Pontifex is then telepathically informed of the Doubles destruction and learns all that it has done in the last 48 hours.

Skills: Arcana +23, Bluff +21, History +23
Abilities: Str 20 (+15), Con 24 (+17), Dex 16 (+13), Int 26 (+18), Wis 17 (+13), Cha 23 (+16)

Pontifex Double Tactics
The double at first tries to stay away from melee combat, preferring to use its scorching bolts and soul rending gaze at range. But when the double's allies are no longer able to keep enemies away from it, the double will use its slowed time power and staff of pain to keep enemies from surrounding it.

Comments, criticism and monsters welcome.