Author Topic: Scenario Hooks and Ladders  (Read 26299 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Scenario Hooks and Ladders
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
Hook Thirteen: AMERICAN MCGEE'S CANDYLAND:  Players, charged by the slightly insane King Kandy, are hot on the trail of the evil Lord Licorice, who has framed the lumberjack Mr. Mint for the axe-murder of Princess Frostine and Grandma Nutt.  Gloppy, of the Chocolate Swamp, may or may not aid the players in their quest.

Ladder Thirteen: A Rubik's Cube that, when you attempt to solve it, appears to contain seven different colors.

Hook 14: The Cube mutates anyone who solves it, allowing them to see into the ultraviolet and infrared spectrums. The players must get the cube from a cult who is activately mutating as many people as possible to bring about a transcendent movement.

Ladder 14: BOOM.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
Hook Fifteen: The Computer in Alpha Sector tasks the troubleshooters with retrieving ash samples (or possibly reconstructing the volcano).  They are each issued a sand pail and tiny plastic shovel.

Ladder Fifteen: A tractor monster.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
Ladder Sixteen:When Uni.Tech developed an organic metal, self repairing and long lasting, it seemed too good to be true. Tractors are eating the town. What now, farm kids?

Hook Sixteen: Forest dwelling owls attacking city birds in broad daylight.

wrotenbe

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • RAWRF
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »
Ladder Seventeen: Massive deforestation nearby has roused an ancient Amerindian Owl spirit to anger. It now sends its children into the cities of man, first the birds, then the children. The PCs, members of the city's Animal Control, have to stop the infestation..before THE owl appears.

Hook Seventeen:
Him

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
Ladder Seventeen: Massive deforestation nearby has roused an ancient Amerindian Owl spirit to anger. It now sends its children into the cities of man, first the birds, then the children. The PCs, members of the city's Animal Control, have to stop the infestation..before THE owl appears.

Hook Seventeen:
Him

Hook 18: Bitch Killer is the rarest video nasty of all time and only one print of it exists. In Quintin Tarintino's private film vault. The players must steal the film while avoiding QT's movie themed traps and guardians.

Ladder 18:
What's he building in there?

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 06:29:17 PM »
Hook Nineteen: This was a question on the lips of everyone in the neighborhood.  The NPC is rarely seen, but once contact has been established, he will leave parts request lists in the mailbox, under a rock on the porch, and so on.  The players can optionally aid the NPC with his creation, or they can side with the Neighborhood Watch committee (as we all learned from To Kill a Mockingbird, Different Neighbors Are Bad.), break in, and drag the weirdo and his inventions into the harsh light of day.

Ladder Nineteen:
A hole in the water?
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.