Author Topic: Where's Bill?  (Read 33155 times)

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
Where's Bill?
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
So is Bill going to return to the New World Campaign anytime soon?

[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Seejo Crux

• High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Bill?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »

Mike ate him. RIP Bill.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »

Um . . . I hate to break the bad news to you, but Bill won't return until late epic tier. Sorry, folks.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »

Late Epic Tier? Christ Titties...I've gamed with so many passive aggressive monsters that I've never been in a game that's gone past maybe 10 levels.

Way to go, guys.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
Well that just makes me mad >:( and sad :(...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
Bill did run a D&D game last summer that I played in and recorded. I'll get around to posting it eventually.

Also if you contributed to the Codex ransom, one of the preview games is Bill's first game of Don't Rest Your Head.

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 06:04:00 PM »
Bill did run a D&D game last summer that I played in and recorded. I'll get around to posting it eventually.

Not if you like me at all, you won't.
That game had the stink of unemployment and relationship heat-death all over it.

Meanwhile, back at the topic...

My words to Ross following the dinner party game (24, I think?) were that I didn't like caring about a game - an avocation - as much as playing with Mike was making me. The man is a textbook on applied logical fallacies. I realized that I was never getting anywhere near character motivations most nights because my mind was tossed off track every 7.3 seconds by hip-hop lyrics or 'Like a boss!' Then, when I tried to do something, I'd get shouted down, and any coherent criticism would just get steamrolled. Remember kids, no gaming is better than bad gaming, and the swirling vortex of Mike-suck was rolling right over the awesomesauce of Ross, Tom, Dan, and Cody.

Oh, and Zoidb-uh, er, Jason!

Then I started working overnights, and didn't want to have to leave the game in time to make it to work by 10.
However, I have left the vampire schedule behind, and am back in New World, and running another Don't Rest Your Head this weekend, and maybe getting aorund to some Dogs in the Vineyard whenever I get the ambition to write the author/publisher and get the copy I paid for in January :)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:17:12 PM »
I know that many people have had a problem with Mike and his shenannigans, but I think it's funny because he is so ridiculous. I just can't comprehend some of his decisions and let's face it, liar or not, Mike had some really entertaining stories and I like to believe that they are all real because he is just that much man.

At any rate, it's good to have Bill back because he knows so much about the system and he plays interesting characters.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
At any rate, it's good to have Bill back because he knows so much about the system and he plays interesting characters.

Billy Joe Bob Mcelroy and Truck-Hammerzilla are personal favorites of mine.

One of my long time players is a combat monster who doesn't talk in character much at all. Whenever I want him to open up during a game I look across the table and quote Dan: "Well, personally I want to hear what Truck-Hammerzilla has to say about this."

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
+1 for Bill.

Bill running Don't Rest Your Head was pure goodness...

You know, after listening to the last several episodes of the D&D campaign and having to listen to Mike spout off (to be fair his facts right/wrong ratio is about 50% in any given game) I have to say that I don't blame you Bill...

I think I've posted previously (in the show comments) about Mike's need to "dominate" play and how it can be distracting. I'm not knocking Mike, but I think there are times when he should just settle down and let EVERYONE enjoy the game...

Ross, don't be stingy with those APs and yes, I contributed my 20 spot to the ransom and I plan on contributing to Tom and Aaron's project. However, I want Bill on a few of the games that Aaron runs!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »
However, I want Bill on a few of the games that Aaron runs!

Hey Ross, there's a new fund raiser idea for you. We do a Walk-A-Thon but everybody sponsors RPPR players. Run a CoC game Tomb of Horrors style where each player gets a number of backup characters determined by the money donated to their name by fans. Last man standing wins.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
Tad, come on man, I'm one of the working poor!

You're killing me!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »
Tad, come on man, I'm one of the working poor!

You're killing me!

I'm sure Ross and the others are willing to take whatever goods and services you can provide for their the blue book value. Do you have any idea how many orphan souls it takes to run a Zoom H2 for just one Actual Play?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
I know that many people have had a problem with Mike and his shenannigans, but I think it's funny because he is so ridiculous. I just can't comprehend some of his decisions and let's face it, liar or not, Mike had some really entertaining stories and I like to believe that they are all real because he is just that much man.

I have one thing to say to you Cody: 5-GOD.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read