Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428933 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Introduction
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »
 :'(

Palladiumaniac

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
there's nothing wrong with the Palladium settings. If they had usable game mechanics, I'd play them.

I haven't had any problems with the Palladium system thusfar...of course I haven't been playing Rifts. Which I guess the whole Mega-damage vs. regular damage mechanic is a huge problem.

Palladium-wise, I am really liking the mechanics, the back and forth, punch, dodge, parry, shoot and roll is extremely cinematic.

I really am getting a kick out of interpreting the actions for my players...it was actually quite thrilling with the Nightbane getting put through a wall, missed punches shattering plaster and both Nightbane and foe falling after wrestling their way out a 2nd story window.

Anyway...keep up the good work. :o
The Seede of Lovecraft and Siembieda B'mingled...to create the perfect gamer.

Swordthrower

• View Profile
    • ehow: How to throw a sword
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
34 years of age...rpg's I've spent the most time on are DnD (up to 3.5), GURPS, and Savage Worlds...I prefer a playstyle that does not take the game too seriously, yet relies on rules structure to define the game and provide non-arbitrary challenge and accomplishment...

I have never actually thrown a sword, but am in a state of continuous mental preparation, should the need arise...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Welcome! Are you playing or running any games at the moment?

Swordthrower

• View Profile
    • ehow: How to throw a sword
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Welcome! Are you playing or running any games at the moment?

I've been running a GURPS campaign long distance with a buddy of mine that has been scrapped and redesigned more times than it has been actually played over the course of the last year, but if you are willing to count that, then yep. 

Preparing the first version of it literally tought me elementary rocket science during the process though, (albeit involuntarily,) so that one was not a total loss.

calmacil

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
Hello all,

I'm 38 yrs, from the uk. I started GMing rpg's in the mid 80's. Calmacil was my very first character in Merp.

Since then our group has enjoyed D&D 3.5, Cthulhu, Rolemaster, Sla Industries.

I've also taken part as a player in Conan d20, cyberpunk, Star wars (the old d6 version), Deadlands, vampire masquerade, marvel superheroes (and probably others i've forgotten) But none of those systems really got going, usually a one off game.

Not run a game for about 5 years. I've got a gaming group that meets once a week for some board games, a few of them have asked me to run a rp game. So hopefully i'll get back into it. Just bought myself a copy of "The One Ring", and I'm enjoying it so far  :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:17:25 PM by calmacil »

calmacil

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »
double post.......sneaky way to get my post count going  :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:16:49 PM by calmacil »

Great Scott!

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
Hey everyone.

I'm 19 years old. Currently studying Japanese and Psychology at Pacific University in Oregon.
RPPR really introduced me to role playing, and ever since I haven't been able to get enough of it.
I finally, after coming to college, found a group to play with.  ;D

My favorite game is CoC, but I want to try Eclipse phase, as it looks beast.

So nice to meet you all, and as the Japanese say:
よろしくおねがいたします。

I can't think of anything worth putting here, so I decided not to have anything of consequence.

bidoof

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2011, 01:29:52 AM »
Hi!  I'm 24 years old and live in New York.  I started gaming when I was about 17 with a friend's terrible hacked together space fantasy homebrew system.  Since then I've tried D&D 3.5 and 4e, Unknown Armies, Mutants and Masterminds, and GURPS.  And hopefully Eclipse Phase sometime in the future, if my friend runs the game he's planning. 

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and lurking the forums once in a while, but I'm pretty shy so I haven't posted until now.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:17 AM »
Hi!  I'm 24 years old and live in New York.  I started gaming when I was about 17 with a friend's terrible hacked together space fantasy homebrew system.  Since then I've tried D&D 3.5 and 4e, Unknown Armies, Mutants and Masterminds, and GURPS.  And hopefully Eclipse Phase sometime in the future, if my friend runs the game he's planning. 

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and lurking the forums once in a while, but I'm pretty shy so I haven't posted until now.

Welcome! Glad you could join us :D

the doomed one

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
Greetings! I am The Doomed One.

I am 20 years old, and am studying Computer Graphics Technology at my local community collage. I got my start in gaming when I was in kindergarten with some old warhammer minis my dad had around the house.
My group is about to start Eclipse Phase with me as the GM, and I am also running Shadowrun on and off.
I greatly enjoy your Eclipse Phase APs, and they have been very helpful in convincing my group to give the game a chance.

I also play Minecraft with the user name the_doomed_one
Games I own: 13th Age, Dragon Age Box Set 1, Eclipse Phase, Shadowrun 5th, Paranoia XP, Iron Kingdoms, (new)World of Darkness, Werewolf, Pathfinder, D&D 4th edition, Exalted, Savage Worlds, Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy, Traveler, Deadlands (classic), Don't Rest Your Head, and many others in pdf

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
Hello!  I found the RPPR via the Something Awful forums and I'm very glad for it.  Listening to the podcasts in the car makes my commutes fun and I'm usually laughing my ass off along with the cast. I got introduced to RPGs through Palladiums TMNT in my formative years but didn't find a stable group until just a few years ago when I was well into my twenties.   

Our group has done various Shadowrun campaigns, Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader, and currently a long running mob drama in the gritty, medieval Harn setting and a swashbuckling 7th Sea game.  There's been a mix of one shots in there and I'm hoping to get permission from the others to record and post an upcoming Mountain Witch one-shot set in modern times.

I'm glad to be here! :)

BellaJen

• View Profile
    • Eclectic Eccentricities - Where I make Dice into things you can wear!
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
Hello all.
 Wanted to introduce myself on here.
 I'm Jen, 30 years old, engaged, nerdy girl. I live out here on the east coast in RI. I need to find a good gaming group over here.
General crafter of various nerdy things. Sewing, making dice jewelry, painting minis, sculpting, needle-felting, making props for the LARP I am in (I'm Head of Props for our chapter, I make all sorts of crazy stuff with MacGyver like skills).

Been into table top gaming since high school. Been plaing video games since the Commodore 64, for those of you that don't know what that is it's really fricken old!  ;)  I've played a variety of table top games, played Advanced D&D and mostly got started for real on 3.0. I have been learning more about other systems and have played GURPS, Shadowrun, Mutants and Masterminds, and probably a few others I can't remember at the moment. I LARP, been doing it for over 10 years now, wow, it's weird to type that out. Part of Alliance LARP NJ.

My fiance gave me a few of your pod casts to listen to one day and well I've been completely hooked ever since! Been listening to the New World campaign and I am loving it, it's funny to realize how old it is when movies and such are mentioned, but some days at work it's the only thing that keeps me from having a mental breakdown.

I love being able to listen to you all since I don't have a lot of free time to play these days it lets me get my nerdiness in the day and still get work done.

Well that's enough about me. I think I just got my fiance to realize he needs to get on here and actually talk to people and introduce himself too.  ;D

-Jen
So I make neat things out of dice. http://www.etsy.com/shop/eccerose

Obligatory Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/eccerose

Daegan

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
Heyo,

I'm a 27 year old gamer living in Providence RI.  Not currently in a regular gaming group, though I've got some folks I've played Pathfinder with once or twice when schedules permit.  Found about about RPPR while looking through podcasts to keep me entertained during my day job.

Been into tabletop RPGs since middle school, playing your standard array of the D&Ds and the White Wolfs.  Lately my interests lie more in the Mutants and Masterminds and ORE direction, though I read just about any RPG that crosses my eye for the fun of it.
I've also LARPed for about 8 years now, which if nothing else is a sure fire way to find folks to game with.

Been an occasional lurker for a good long while now, until I showed the podcast to my fiancee BellaJen (see above).  It was then abruptly decided to finally get this awkward first post business out of the way.

Love the podcasts, I eagerly wait for them every week.

-George
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:55:45 PM by Daegan »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »
haha thanks! glad to have you guys on board.