Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 431869 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction - In which It Is About Damn Time.
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
Well, Ross's DRYH books are setting across the room from me right now, and have been for a month, or maybe two.
It's just plain hard to organize much of anything with daywalkers these days - I work overnights, and 4x10s at that.
I do rather enjoy the game, though, and it's high on my list for when the RPG inertia pendulum swings my way again.
That and Dogs in the Vineyard, should my books ever arrive - need to email the author about that.

Edit: Acronym fail.

I feel yeah brother Overnight sucks DICK! I think I would rather have 4x10 then 5x8 Like I have now, but I cant convince my boss to give hours out like that. /wrist!

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
I'm R.J.

What's up....

I'm like...that new guy and stuff.

Ask me questions. That's how we get to know each other where I'm from.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »
Is your name spelled Arje or is it R.J. ?

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2010, 05:00:25 AM »
R.J.

one of the things about having initials for a name is that you acquire a vast array of nicknames. For serious.

If nicknames were currency, I would be the wealthiest mofo around.

My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Ulf

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Game Fusion Studio
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
Hi all

My names' Ulf, and no, that's not a nickname or character name, before anyone asks... :)   I'm 34, been gaming since the 80's sometime, and I just found this podcast. I'm getting caught up on all the back epsiodes right now, and I have to say I think it's one of the better gaming podcasts out there.

I'm originally from Germany, now living in northern California after spending quite a few years in New Jersey.  I used to manage a pretty successful game store in Jersey, but have since moved into a career as a professional artist and small business owner.

I love the more off-beat RPGs, but like many people out there I've had trouble getting players to invest in non-D&D games and commit to them. My favorites are probably Kult, The Whispering Vault, Changeling (oWOD 2nd ed), D20 Modern and Mage the Ascension (oWOD 2nd ed). I'm also a big fan of wargames. Particularly Warmachine, Hordes, WH40K, Warzone, and Confrontation.

Tom, I have to tell you, when you read your letters on the episodes it's all I can do to stop from shouting "Amen! Tell it like it is!!".  I've been known to have some strong opinions about RPGs, wargames, and the people who play them, and I've gotten flak for it in the past. So to hear someone else rant on about the same dumb bullshit that drives me crazy.... well, it warms the heart. So thank you! The one about GMs doing bad voices while thinking that they're Oscar-worthy actors, was so dead-on that for the briefest of moments I was sure you must have been spying on this awful 7th Sea game I was involved in..... priceless!
Check out my gaming blog:  Dice Speak for gaming rants and pics of painted wargaming minis!
Game Fusion Studio  my miniatures painting & modelling website.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »
hey ulf do you want to art for the codex of war pdf?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:34 PM »
Welcome Ulf. Cool website by the way, I like the look of some of those rock terrain sets.

Ulf

• View Profile
    • Game Fusion Studio
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »
Welcome Ulf. Cool website by the way, I like the look of some of those rock terrain sets.

Hey, thanks!
Check out my gaming blog:  Dice Speak for gaming rants and pics of painted wargaming minis!
Game Fusion Studio  my miniatures painting & modelling website.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2010, 12:27:05 AM »
Hi Ulf, im getting into 40K my self, but thinking of doing Hordes when it drops later this summer. What do you feel is the biggest diffrences? I know the armys are smaller but how do the games play out?

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »
Quote from: Ulf
The Whispering Vault

Holy cow, another Whispering Vault player!  I thought I was the only survivor!
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
Hi Ulf.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »
Ahhh it has been such a long time
Did you miss me
this semester has been a hard one so all I did was do school work
run my business and work my 2 other jobs so its been a lon g time and ready to
come back and bither people again  8)
Kenders Rock

FrothyKat

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »
Heya everyone!

I'm Josh Hunter, I've done a few images for RPPR's PDFs in the past and I'm working on stuff for the Codex of War, so hopefully you've seen some of my stuff! Currently I work a crappy part-time retail job while I look for real job prospects in the graphic design field, but I've also completed some illustrations for AEG for a new CCG they have coming out in June or so called Phase, and I'm currently working on artwork for the expansion(!).

As far as gaming goes, I've been playing games since I was a kid. The Atari 2600 was a staple in our household. As time marched on we bought a used NES and I played Kung Fu more than Super Mario Bros. I remember our first PC and how Apogee used to make some really kickass pinball games. Tabletop-gaming-wise I think D&D 2nd edition was the first I had played, and being a 1st-level Wizard sucked huge donkey balls. I remember using my ONE spell for the day and being forced to improvise in order to kill orcs who on a lucky hit could one-shot me. The most memorable improvisation I can remember was my character throwing an ink pot into the eyes of an orc to blind him, then grabbing a torch off of the wall and setting him on fire. Other than my roots, I've been all over the damn place. Warhammer Fantasy when it used to be lighthearted, 40k, Warmachine, video games of all kinds, and in more recent days struck out into unfamiliar territory to try different RPG systems besides D&D, which led to my first GMing experience with a Mutants and Masterminds campaign.

I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Fighter Online recently if anyone's heard of that or currently plays it, and I'm probably going to set up a guild today in between working on Cortez's ominous portrait.

Type669

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
Hello.  I'm Steve.  33 years old here, just outside of Chicago in Northwest Indiana. 

For the most part, the biggest problem I've had plaguing my gaming existence is the whole "friends spread to the four winds" deal.  I've played a goodly amount of 3rd Ed. D&D, some RISUS, and a whole lot of Feng Shui. 

I run some games now, too.  Including one I've hamfistedly cobbled together involving a (slight) exaggeration of the common debauchery and weirdness at your standard Fandom convention.  I had a slight bit of a rep around the more Anime-centric conventions around 7 years back, having a Black Mage costume from Final Fantasy that reeked of vodka and nicotine.

The podcast has simultaneously lessened the pangs of gaming withdrawl and inspired the urge, as well as helped introduce me to Wushu Open, which seems absolutely fantastic.
What's the difference between a fine art photographer and a pizza?  A pizza can feed a family of four.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Welcome. Remember to pay homage to the Lobster and throw yourself down a pit while you're here.
http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=64.0