Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428954 times)

KP3228

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • G.A.M.E.S Podcast
Re: Introduction
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
Howdy everyone. I'm Kurt.

I started tabletop gaming in High School, and been gaming over Skype for about 3 years.

I've been mostly running games involving 4E, Wild Talents and Eclipse Phase as of late, with no small part from the fine gentlemen of this site...

I'll be honest, I've been looking for a new community, as my last one kind of exploded.

So, I hope everyone will have me.

Sidebar: I'm not good at introductions...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »

edwardian_adventurer

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »
My name is Steven. I've known Cody for a while but only recently decided to check out this Role Playing Public Radio thing that he always links to. I have since become an actual play junkie.

I haven't had much experience with RPGs. I tried to get some friends interested in Star Wars D6 in high school, but that phased out after a couple of sessions. After listening to all of Ross's nWoD sessions (Arcadia Signal was awesome, especially because I was strung out on cold medicine at the time), I resolved to try again. I've tried to get a few friends interested but have had very little success.

My goal for next year is give The One Ring a shot and to run a few Doctor Who sessions. I want to have fans of the 2005 Doctor Who play through games based on plots from the old series of Doctor Who. I'm quite eager to see how player logic would change the stories. I'm also hoping to find a group where I can be a player rather than a GM. So far I've only run games, never played them.

Idge

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm Elijah. Nice to meet you.

I've been a listener for a little over a year. I found the site when I was digging through the Ichor Falls archives and found the link Kris Straub posted for the Candle Cove game. After listening to that, I was pretty much hooked. I've actually listened to a lot of the community RPs as well (loved all of them, by the way).

Sadly, I've never had the chance to participate in any tabletop games. I'd like to, but I haven't had any luck finding a group yet. Oh well.

Anyway, I finally decided to stop lurking, and start participating. So, uh, yeah. Hey. How's it going?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2012, 12:15:25 AM »
Great!

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

CommissarKip

• Weedlord Bonerhitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2013, 04:10:35 AM »
Hey guys, decided to finally make an account to join in on the fan bus. I've been following RPPR's actual plays for about a year now and I've got to say: it got me back on track with a couple of 'other' systems that are out in the PnP world.

I don't live in the US, as I currently live in the Netherlands, so it's harder to find a group to play with, but I've managed to get together a group of 7 people with which we play Pathfinder once a week (every other week I DM the Rise of the Runelords adventure path). We're a motley crew of computer science and philosophy graduate students so we manage to somehow combine the extremes of geekery (I fit in with the last group).

RPPR's Actual Play of Eclipse Phase is up till now my favourite - Know Evil is an amazing campaign and it's so far inspired me to get the Eclipse Phase rulebook and I'm setting up a surprise one-shot for our next session (I'm thinking about starting off with the adventure called Continuity to set the atmosphere and get the players known with Eclipse Phase's flavour). I'm starting with Heroes of New Arcadia once I'm done with my current stack of papers-to-write.

I've joined the RPPR fan steamgroup, so if you want to chat or play terrible games I'm your man; just look for CommissarKip in the member list.

So yes, hello there.

Seejo.Crux

• No time for games. There's roleplaying to do!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Hello all. I had an account here but lost my password and haven't figured out how to recover it. So Seejo Crux, Part 2, at your service.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »
hello good to have you onboard :D

have some cyberpunk samurai

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »
Hey everyone,

I stumpled across RPPR just before Christmas and have become a fan. I listined to one current episode then jumped back 50 or so to the earliest itunes will let me download from and I'm working my way forward to the current episodes. I havent listined to any live plays yet but I will soon I'm sure.

I started gaming at around the age of 12 with Palladium Game's TMNT After the Bomb. I soon graduated to AD&D second edition and we bounced back and forth mostly playing that and Rifts for the high school years, with an occasion splash of Heroes Unlimited and Ninjas and Superspies.

Then the years of school and work started and I never played anything in between AD&D 2nd Edition and 4th. I was lucky to find a few wannabe gamers when I started a new job a few years ago.

We now have a weekly gaming group that rotates from board games to RPGs weekly.

I've been using RPPR to identify flaws  as a GM/DM. In the old days I was a player. With leading a group of new gamers I'm the most experienced and I've been thrust into the GM role.

Anyways I hope i can contribute to the community here.

All the best,
Marik

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
well if you have questions the podcast doesn't answer, ask them here. :D

Mjd

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »
Hey, I'm Morgan, I am 19 years old and i've been lurking on here while listening to podcasts for a few months

Never found a group to play with in real life, but i've started running a Wild Talents game on skype after listening to the Wild Talents podcasts.

My favourite Actual Plays to listen to are the Call of Cthulu - Invictus ones

And now... Back to lurking i go!

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
Welcome to the fold

Kabnit

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:39 AM »
Hey all. My name's Seth, I'm a Junior in high school. I've never roleplay'd on a tabletop setting with die and the like, but I'm really interested in getting into it.

I have no idea where to start, so if there are any new campaigns going or you have any reccomendations as to where to start, please feel free to PM me anytime. Hope to play with you all soon!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2013, 02:34:22 AM »
Hey all. My name's Seth, I'm a Junior in high school. I've never roleplay'd on a tabletop setting with die and the like, but I'm really interested in getting into it.

I have no idea where to start, so if there are any new campaigns going or you have any reccomendations as to where to start, please feel free to PM me anytime. Hope to play with you all soon!

What type of game would you want to play? Fantasy, horror, sci-fi etc?

Kabnit

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2013, 02:42:58 AM »
I'm really not picky, but cyberpunk and Call of Cthulhu reign supreme in my mind thus far.