Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 431027 times)

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
Re: Introduction
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2015, 09:51:18 PM »
OH SWEET JESUS THERE'S NO HOPE FOR ME.

Relax, we're not reddit, you'll be fine. Probably. No guarantees.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2015, 11:01:28 PM »
Hey, more new folks! Welcome, Lonnie and Patrick!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #392 on: November 03, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »
Hello!  I'm Adam.  I was making a nuisance of myself on the comments so I decided to come on here at last.

Manager of a Comics and games store

B.A in Philosophy though it has atrophied over time.

Have only started gaming recently (about 2 years or so). RPPR was one of the podcasts that i started listening to and it turned out to be "just right" for me and got me through the lonely times before i found my first gaming group. i tend to listen to the discusson casts multiple times to get everything i missed the first time.

i have Asperger Syndrome and am terrible at coming up with usernames so...

Anyway that's me.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
Hello!  I'm Adam.  I was making a nuisance of myself on the comments so I decided to come on here at last.

Manager of a Comics and games store

B.A in Philosophy though it has atrophied over time.

Have only started gaming recently (about 2 years or so). RPPR was one of the podcasts that i started listening to and it turned out to be "just right" for me and got me through the lonely times before i found my first gaming group. i tend to listen to the discusson casts multiple times to get everything i missed the first time.

i have Asperger Syndrome and am terrible at coming up with usernames so...

Anyway that's me.

Welcome, Adam! Good to meet you.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
Hello, all!  I'm Patrick, 19, currently in my freshman year of college in Cape Cod.

RPPR basically got me through high school and introduced me to 90% of the role-playing games I play with my friends.  I haven't had a chance to play many tabletop games but I've been collecting the stranger indie videogames like Darkwood and Sunless Sea.  I'm surrounded by aborted projects and half-written works, but I'm currently working on a world-building exercise of mine. 

Sorry if this post is terrible, I haven't really been on any forums before.

Finally! Someone else who has played Darkwood! In terms of light/darkness, mood and audio it is absolutely creepy.  I prefer the open world of the earlier alphas to the later builds though.  I tried to tell you Ross! Twice! :)

HapexIndustries

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
I jumped right into commenting on the forums and failed to do the polite thing of giving an introduction.

My alias for the moment is Zeke Squareman and I am in my mid 30s.  I live in NY, a couple hours north of NYC, and I am an amateur author, independent computer game developer, phone app designer, screenplay writer, actor/model.  Professionally, I work in a field related to providing emergency services; I work the 2nd shift so I usually have a fair amount of free time to screw around on the internet or play videogames, which are my passion.

I am an unapologetic proponent of free speech, transhumanism, and whatever you want to call the movement to view videogames (at least some of them) as art. 

Politically I consider myself a radical accelerationist, socially I am an optimistic cynic, personally I am one of the happiest people I know, emotionally I am recovering, financially I am irresponsible, existentially I am solipsistic. 

RPPR has helped me through some very rough patches in my life by providing hour upon hour upon hour of engaging and fun material for me to enjoy while working at one of the worst jobs ever.  I now listen as a fan instead of out of necessity.

My favorite two one off adventures are Bryson Springs (which I briefly considered novelizing because it is a truly amazing experience, Aaron's actions alone are worth documenting) and He Calls Me By the Thunder.  My favorite campaign is a tie between New World (though I could never sit through the 4 hours of dice rolls that consummate the 'climax') and Know Evil.

My schedule precludes actually playing tabletop RPGs but were I capable I enjoy weird, smaller systems like Abandon All Hope or Paranoia and larger, more popular systems like DnD 3.5/maybe 5th(?), Dark Heresy, and Rifts.  Unfortunately when I do game I usually have to GM.

I love videogames.  I grew up with a PC instead of a console so my vidya upbringing is different than most my age.  My favorite games are Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss, the original 1993 XCOM, Planescape: Torment, Homeworld, and Bioshock.  I am currently playing MGSV, Lego Lord of the Rings (DONT JUDGE ME), Dungeonmans, Runestone Keeper, Infinite Space 3, Out There: Omega Edition, Sundogs, Tormentum,and Spirits of Xanadu. 

As the length of this introduction should indicate, I was not kidding about the amount of free time I have.

HapexIndustries

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 04, 2015, 07:41:36 PM »
I've been collecting the stranger indie videogames like Darkwood and Sunless Sea. 

Sunless Sea is amazing, if you enjoy that I really recommend the same dev's web game in the same setting, Fallen London.  As for Darkwood, I abstain from survival games until they're finished (I have something like 12 Early Access survival games right now and three times that in general) but it does look interesting, I may have to break my own rules.  Have you tried Noct (also Early Access http://store.steampowered.com/app/330570/ )  or Teleglitch ( finished http://store.steampowered.com/app/234390/ )?  They appear to have similar gameplay, though Noct appears to be scarier.  I have a couple hours put into Teleglitch but it kicked my ass pretty hard.

It's always good to learn I'm not alone in my devotion to weird indie games.

Jet Set Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »
Well, I guess this is where I start. I'm Roy, college student, wannabe welder, table top player, and Home brew developer.

Found RPPR though Drunk and Ugly, listened for a while, stopped, found them again looking for tips on home brewing a system, and then decided to make an account here.

Uh... I don't really know what else to say, so I'll just say that Monster is my favorite system, and leave it there.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2015, 12:59:19 AM »
YOU PICK UP THAT MONSTER AND PUT IT WHERE IT BELONGS

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #399 on: December 06, 2015, 06:16:32 AM »
Under the bed?

Welcome to the club Roy.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2015, 01:18:48 PM »
My favorite two one off adventures are...and He Calls Me By the Thunder.

Whaaaaat.

Welcome, Zeke! Good to meet you!

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »
Well, I guess this is where I start. I'm Roy, college student, wannabe welder, table top player, and Home brew developer.

Found RPPR though Drunk and Ugly, listened for a while, stopped, found them again looking for tips on home brewing a system, and then decided to make an account here.

Uh... I don't really know what else to say, so I'll just say that Monster is my favorite system, and leave it there.

Welcome, Roy! Wish I could play Monsters sometime.

Jet Set Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »

Welcome, Roy! Wish I could play Monsters sometime.

You and me both my friend. I haven't had a group to play any Monsters with for a while, mainly due to the lack of anyone willing to Gm.

Sethalidos

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2015, 02:12:44 AM »
Hello. My name is Ray, I've been listening to RPPR for a while now but the FFXIV Free Company announcement finally made me sign up for the forums.  I heard about RPPR from Fear the Boot.

dr.Libra

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
hello My name is Jesper and I'm from Sweden.

nu borgar planerigen att ta över planeten.