Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428952 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Re: Introduction
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
Welcome, Ray! I'm the opposite; I got to Fear the Boot from RPPR.

Welcome, Jesper! I don't speak Swedish, but my wife speaks German...
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

balhaza

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
Hey all, Chris here from Australia.

Got into RPPR from Happy Jacks and all the Cthulhu games hooked in. Then, I came across Caleb. Yeap. I'm a Caleb fanboy too. Currently doing extensive work to Masks of Nyarlathotep to update it to 2013.... I'm pretty I'm losing all my SAN checks here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lost Carol

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2016, 12:16:58 AM »
Howdy, balhaza! Cthulhu and Caleb make a good mix. As does Masks, keep up the fight!
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2016, 03:16:29 AM »
Hey all, Chris here from Australia.

Got into RPPR from Happy Jacks and all the Cthulhu games hooked in. Then, I came across Caleb. Yeap. I'm a Caleb fanboy too. Currently doing extensive work to Masks of Nyarlathotep to update it to 2013.... I'm pretty I'm losing all my SAN checks here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where in Australia?  I'm likely to end up there eventually.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

balhaza

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2016, 03:39:53 AM »
Howdy, balhaza! Cthulhu and Caleb make a good mix. As does Masks, keep up the fight!

I was just taken at how explosive God's Teeth was and now listening to Know Evil, I learnt so much from Caleb. Two particular scenes have glued themselves to my brain and it's really great lessons for writers and GMs alike.

balhaza

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »
I'm in Melbourne, where we have 4 seasons in a day.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2016, 04:07:50 AM »
I'm in Melbourne, where we have 4 seasons in a day.

Well I'm unlikely to end up there.  Currently it looks like Gold Coast or Tassy.

Cheers.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

wilzuma

• Gamer, Artist, Educator and Podcaster
    • View Profile
    • Letters from Elder Hollow
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:57 PM »
I may have done this introduction before, I can't remember. I guess it was Schroedinger's forum post?

Anyhow.

Hi Everybody! I'm Will.
I've been listening to RPPR for a long time, active on Facebook and following the crew on Twitter. I posted once or twice on the forums ages ago. Decided I should start being more active here. The community is really awesome and I think making friends and connections would be worthwhile. I am an educator, like a few of the RPPR crew and from the Midwest, Twin Cities in my case.

The show and community have been a pretty big inspiration for me in this hobby. I ran my first con game last year and am writing my own scenarios and campaign books and join an actual play podcast too. If you are interested check me and my compatriots out at lithmage.com. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. We have over 60 episodes and haven't missed a post yet. So I'm interested in publishing and anybody who is willing to critique and look at my work.

Hope to get to know some names and faces better that i've seen here and on Facebook a lot more.

-Will
Campfire Stories from Elder Hollow
http://www.lithmage.com/elder-hollow/episodes

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
I may have done this introduction before, I can't remember. I guess it was Schroedinger's forum post?

Anyhow.

Hi Everybody! I'm Will.
I've been listening to RPPR for a long time, active on Facebook and following the crew on Twitter. I posted once or twice on the forums ages ago. Decided I should start being more active here. The community is really awesome and I think making friends and connections would be worthwhile. I am an educator, like a few of the RPPR crew and from the Midwest, Twin Cities in my case.

The show and community have been a pretty big inspiration for me in this hobby. I ran my first con game last year and am writing my own scenarios and campaign books and join an actual play podcast too. If you are interested check me and my compatriots out at lithmage.com. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. We have over 60 episodes and haven't missed a post yet. So I'm interested in publishing and anybody who is willing to critique and look at my work.

Hope to get to know some names and faces better that i've seen here and on Facebook a lot more.

-Will

Cool! Good to meet ya, Will!

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
Welcome!

wilzuma

• Gamer, Artist, Educator and Podcaster
    • View Profile
    • Letters from Elder Hollow
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »
Forgot to mention my games. I play a lot of Fate. I love Dresden Files! I ran a game fate game last summer that was Goonies meets Lovecraftian horrors. It was kind of amazing. I play dnd in all its iterations though I favor 4th and 5th, and OSR games over the labyrinth that is Pathfinder and 3rd. I even look back on when i played WoD a few times... and shudder. I played One Palladium super hero campaign. And I hated it. It was gonzo bananas but it was so broken as shit it was ridiculous. Never. Again.

My favorite though has gotta be Eclipse Phase. I loved it from Know Evil, still my favorite RPPR campaign, though there are several close seconds. I even ran an original one-shot at a con. And it was my first con game. it was kind of amazing!

I have not played as much CoC or DG as I would like. There are so many games I have been unable to play. Hopefully that changes in the future. My gaming groups tends to play... long, long campaigns. I find myself preferring more and more the short campaign or the one/two shot game. Which is what I love so much about RPPR.

Anyhow.

Hi Everybody! I'm Will.

-Will
Campfire Stories from Elder Hollow
http://www.lithmage.com/elder-hollow/episodes

UselKhan

• View Profile
    • [insert quest here]
« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2016, 06:30:44 AM »
Hi I'm Raymond. I've been listening to RPPR since like late 2013 I think. Originally found them while looking for Eclipse Phase demos. Know Evil was only the second AP stuff I ever listened to, the first being Acquisitions Incorporated.

RPPR has grown to be a pretty important part of my life and in 2014 I started running my own AP podcast, [insert quest here].

Eclipse Phase is my favourite RPG by far, though it's not my first. My RPG life kicked off in 2010 with Pathfinder, and then Vampire: Requiem(NWoD). I've even run a fantasy campaign of NWoD.

Telling good stories, and getting to use my acting skills are what I love about role playing.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
Welcome Raymond!

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2016, 12:00:50 PM »
Hi I'm Raymond. I've been listening to RPPR since like late 2013 I think. Originally found them while looking for Eclipse Phase demos. Know Evil was only the second AP stuff I ever listened to, the first being Acquisitions Incorporated.

RPPR has grown to be a pretty important part of my life and in 2014 I started running my own AP podcast, [insert quest here].

Eclipse Phase is my favourite RPG by far, though it's not my first. My RPG life kicked off in 2010 with Pathfinder, and then Vampire: Requiem(NWoD). I've even run a fantasy campaign of NWoD.

Telling good stories, and getting to use my acting skills are what I love about role playing.
Cool! Good to meet ya, Raymond!

Cordyceps

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2016, 01:26:17 AM »
I can't believe that I didn't notice this thread earlier.

Hi, I'm Ben, a fellow Missourian and soon-to-be college graduate.  I got into RPPR in 2013 because I wanted to listen to some Eclipse Phase APs and I've been a fan ever since.  It has been really important in expanding my RPG horizons beyond Pathfinder and they've introduced me to the wonders of Call of Cthulhu, GUMSHOE, and Unknown Armies.