Author Topic: Trail of Cthulhu Pick Up Game (Sunday, June 20)  (Read 5616 times)

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
Trail of Cthulhu Pick Up Game (Sunday, June 20)
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »
I'm putting together a Skype Trail of Cthulhu game for this Sunday around 2PM EST.  I need one more player if possible and could take 2-3 conceivably.  Pregens are ready to go and it's a published scenario.  One shot focused on a group of naval officers during an atomic bomb test gone awry (1950's).  Please don't read the scenario  :)

PM me if you are interested.  It will be recorded for NerdBound, which will feature Ross' Delta Green game next week!  Let's keep the Lovecraftian horrors coming.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Trail of Cthulhu Pick Up Game (Sunday, June 20)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
Karee and I might be able to play depending on how long it takes. Are the rules of Trail of Cthulhu different that the original game? Are the characters pregen?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:39:41 PM by Setherick »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
GAH! Why do internet roleplaying semi-celebrities keep running games when my own games are scheduled?

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
I plan on trying to do at least one Skype game per month now, so I'll make sure I post here too.  However, I do tend to reward the folks on our forums with slots or post there first at least. HINT HINT  ;)

As for the rules, it is based on the GUMSHOE system, not the typical Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green rules.  It's the same system as Fear Itself, Esoterrorists, and Mutant City Blues.  I will give a quick rundown of the rules before the game.  It's pretty simple.  Everything is based on rolling a d6 against a set difficulty (you can spend ability points to bump your roll BEFORE).  If you make the check, you succeed.  Otherwise, bad things can happen.  Clues to the mystery are not dependent on rolls.  You get them as long as you took points in the investigative ability that applies. 

I dig the system and the last game went really well.  I may run a follow-up to that game the weekend of July 4 if Tondi and Wooberman are free.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »
Sure I'm up for a second episode, the last one was a blast.
I've got a feeling we won't survive this one if the last one is anything to go by!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »
I've got a feeling we won't survive this one if the last one is anything to go by!

Too bad we already played this.  ::)
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »

Too bad we already played this.  ::)

I think Wooberman was referring to the July 4th game...

Anyway, I would love to hop in on one of these games.  And I've been meaning to jump over to Nerdbound and check y'all out.  Probably look for me at some point...