Author Topic: Most odd yet somehow fascinating RPG setting?  (Read 13586 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Most odd yet somehow fascinating RPG setting?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
Wow, finally something my name is good for! http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=ethan+dawe&t=1000&a=n

I prefer: Death Wean or Hated Anew

I like this one: A Pastiche Milk Twirls or A Whimsical Elk Stript

Or: A Starchiest Kill Wimp
Or: A Thwackers Limits Lip
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:57:37 PM by Setherick »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Most odd yet somehow fascinating RPG setting?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
your problem had nothing to do with D&D.  Also the New World is written system-neutral so you can use any in fantasy rpg game.

That's true.  The problem that I had was with the players and the GM.  I was mad at the players for playing in a linear game and mad at the GM for running such a linear game.  The problem was that this was one of two games in town.  That's the only reason anyone played in the game.  The other game was run by a real dickhead who lost all his players in one fell swoop after a fight (that was his fault) broke out at his game.

I shouldn't blame the game, only the inept people that were running them.  Keep in mind this was during my dark peroid of gaming right after high school before I found my current gaming group.

In other news, I checked out the New World and like what I see.  I am working on a Savage Worlds conversion of the stat blocks for the creatures and may run a few one-offs for my group in that setting.  Thanks for the feedback.