Author Topic: ROAD TRIP IS OUT - BUY MY BOOK - BUY MY BOOK  (Read 34450 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: ROAD TRIP IS OUT - BUY MY BOOK - BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
Bought it, skimmed through it, love the in references.

[spoiler=Stuff Inside Road Trip]
Was Project Long Stairs meant for Road Trip before it happened in Age of Masks?

I love that Cody and Tom show up in the last chapter, even though I couldn't find Cody's stats (other than him having a .45).  I'm gonna have work Hep C into General Walker's character.  "If Hep C couldn't take me, what odds do these cultists have?"
[/spoiler]

ALSO ROSS YOU NEED TO RUN SUNNY VALE AT GENCON.  I DEMAND IT.

I stole Long Stairs from MAOCT author Ben Baugh. It started as a thread on rpg.net http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=391379

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »
That would explain why he gets thanked there.  I was wondering about that.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
did you buy tickets for any of my games crash?

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
No, unfortunately.  I don't really have money for things like Gencon right now (I probably shouldn't have bought your book either, but dammit there was just too much win inside).  I'm just figuring that at some point we'll get some Actual Plays from it, and I really want to see how you play the Sentai Rangers (I'm guessing it will be similar to Coolrat in terms of cheesiness awesomeness).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:57:18 PM by crash2455 »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
No, unfortunately.  I don't really have money for things like Gencon right now (I probably shouldn't have bought your book either, but dammit there was just too much win inside).  I'm just figuring that at some point we'll get some Actual Plays from it, and I really want to see how you play the Sentai Rangers (I'm guessing it will be similar to Coolrat in terms of cheesiness awesomeness).

Oh I already ran Sunny Vale for the regular RPPR crew

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
Ah, well fair enough.  That's probably going to beat out any GenCon game.  I didn't see it on the AP site, so I assume that's in the TO-UPLOAD bin?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
yup

uploading cyberpunk now

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 07:38:08 PM »
yes!!!!!!

mathey

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:38 PM »
Wait; Ross wrote a book?

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 03:24:09 AM »
Ross, thanks for writing a totally awesome campaign.  I just ran Sucrose Park for my group as a one-shot and now they want to play the rest of it.

The only thing I regret from it was that they killed Coolrat.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:47:20 PM by crash2455 »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
Ross, thanks for writing a totally awesome campaign.  I just ran Sucrose Park for my group as a one-shot and now they want to play the rest of it.

The only thing I regret from it was that they killed Coolrat.

Awesome! Did they befriend the Brain Trust?

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
Awesome! Did they befriend the Brain Trust?

They didn't really talk to him too much.  The kids who got captured were more focused on trying to take over their cliques than anything else.  One of the kids was a race car driver and tried to take out Brain Trust with his go-cart.  They saved it from Robbie Drake, and then they convinced it that it needed to blow up the park to stop the cult from taking the robot factory.

It was fun to play the three different minds of the Brain Trust because they all had different nationalities and, therefore, all got different accents.  Additionally, Brain Trust is a terrible Costello to Coolrat's Abbot. 
Coolrat: "Who's on first?"
Brain Trust:  "YES.  THERE IS A PLAYER ON FIRST BASE WITH THE UNFORTUNATE NAME OF 'WHO'".

The only thing that kind of bugged me was that Ratchet and Higgins didn't have stats.  It was easy enough to just make them threats (that system is amazingly useful), though, so it wasn't much of a problem.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »
Finished up Sunny Vale tonight (though Skype crashed so I lost like half of my recording). 

[spoiler=Sunny Vale Plot Stuff]Half the party was more interested in trying to kill the Rangers, so Zoltron (in an attempt to make it less crazy) informed them about the ritual.

Goddamn are the Sentai Rangers strong.  I mean, it makes sense, as they're a team of monster-fighting superheroes.  Jesus, though, even outnumbered 2 to 1 against monsters, they pretty much beat the shit out of the kids' monsters.  If it weren't for Zoltron and the Ritual, those monsters would have been destroyed.

I suppose this is to deter direct combat against the rangers, since as a team they would be completely unstoppable.

One of the players actually disarmed a Ranger, grabbed their weapon, and got dominated by it, which led to a pretty cool bit of RP.

In the end, Zoltron destroyed the rangers weapons and was killed by Roger.
[/spoiler]

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
Ross, I bought your book but they won't give it to me.
Its been a month. I have the pdf but it just isn't the same.

You might have nothing to do with this but I've e-mailed shane@arcdream.com twice about the lateness of my order. Sunday Jan 15 will mark one month of me waiting for it since Arc Dream took the money out of my account.

I don't want to sound like an ass but I'm getting a little frustrated. I thought it would arrive somewhere near the 1st of Jan, in time for some Holiday gaming.

Turn the screws on them for me. My order number is 566. I don't want to do anything rash but I was even shipped a LIVE TREE in less time than this book is taking. Kill them Ross. I want to play your game. :'(
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Finished up Sunny Vale tonight (though Skype crashed so I lost like half of my recording). 

[spoiler=Sunny Vale Plot Stuff]Half the party was more interested in trying to kill the Rangers, so Zoltron (in an attempt to make it less crazy) informed them about the ritual.

Goddamn are the Sentai Rangers strong.  I mean, it makes sense, as they're a team of monster-fighting superheroes.  Jesus, though, even outnumbered 2 to 1 against monsters, they pretty much beat the shit out of the kids' monsters.  If it weren't for Zoltron and the Ritual, those monsters would have been destroyed.

I suppose this is to deter direct combat against the rangers, since as a team they would be completely unstoppable.

One of the players actually disarmed a Ranger, grabbed their weapon, and got dominated by it, which led to a pretty cool bit of RP.

In the end, Zoltron destroyed the rangers weapons and was killed by Roger.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Yeah, they are supposed to be pretty badass. It probably didn't help that my group had uber minmaxed monsters - attack powers with +5 gnarly and a few levels of wicked - Tom's monster in particular could pretty much wreck anything in one shot. In the playtest notes I got back, I don't remember encountering much in the way of other groups fighting the rangers so I never gave it much thought. Did your players just hated that they killed weird monsters and decided they had to die? [/spoiler]