Author Topic: Cody's got a new website!  (Read 169855 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Cody's got a new website!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »
more frog snatch?

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
Really enjoyed the Brolosophy essay. That went in a different direction than I expected, and it was cool.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
Really enjoyed the Brolosophy essay. That went in a different direction than I expected, and it was cool.

I really appreciate it. I decided to write as if I were Chuck Klosterman and I think it worked well.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 12:26:31 AM »
I checked it out again today after only seeing it on the first day you posted here.  I must say, getting a better feel what you will be writing about, I'm really interested now.  Definitely going to keep reading...

Awww . . . thanks! I posted my essay about brolosophy today, maybe a movie review tomorrow and Missing the 90's - Arcade games on Wednesday. Who knows after that?

Suggestions?

Why would one miss the 90's? aside from a handful of good movies, they gave us nothing!
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 01:23:59 AM »
I checked it out again today after only seeing it on the first day you posted here.  I must say, getting a better feel what you will be writing about, I'm really interested now.  Definitely going to keep reading...

Awww . . . thanks! I posted my essay about brolosophy today, maybe a movie review tomorrow and Missing the 90's - Arcade games on Wednesday. Who knows after that?

Suggestions?

Why would one miss the 90's? aside from a handful of good movies, they gave us nothing!

That is where you are very wrong, my friend. The 90's gave us many great things. Last Wednesday I talked about giant monster TV shows like Power Rangers and this week I'll be discussing arcade games, but they also gave us great music, great cartoons and some average family television.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »

Suggestions?

I'm going to assume you are either in your early 20s and, thus, really missed the 90s or in your late 40s and, thus, completely misunderstood the 90s as you pined away for slap bracelets and tight rolled jeans.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
I checked it out again today after only seeing it on the first day you posted here.  I must say, getting a better feel what you will be writing about, I'm really interested now.  Definitely going to keep reading...

Suggestions?

I'm going to assume you are either in your early 20s and, thus, really missed the 90s or in your late 40s and, thus, completely misunderstood the 90s as you pined away for slap bracelets and tight rolled jeans.

I think this is directed towards me.  But I'm in my late 20's, and just generally hated most of the 90's The cartoons weren't as good as in the 80's, wasn't a fan of most of the music, and while my opinion on some of it has softened now, i still generally like all the other decades more, despite not even really being old enough at the time to appreciate it all.  Maybe part of the reason is that my parents are so old and i grew up listening to almost nothing but the oldies.

As for video games, i only had an atari, a fairchild, gameboy, but thankfully also a super nintendo which i was only lucky enough to get because clover was going out of business and the N64 had just came out.  So my favorite games are from that system.  

But all in all i still refer to the 90's as a dark age for me.

edit: Damn I just realized i wouldn't have Batman: The Animated Series without the 90's so i must now be forever grateful.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:06:33 AM by joecrak »
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »
What if Wes Anderson films were together in one universe for one massive, indie-rock RPG adventure?

Check out Popgun Chaos for the answer to this and respond!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »
shame on you ross. Over a week and no link to Cody's fabulous website on the rppr main page!!!

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:57 AM »
Relive the 90's and discuss your favorite arcade games on http://www.popgunchaos.com today!

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »
Relive the 90's and discuss your favorite arcade games on http://www.popgunchaos.com today!

I commented, though not really on arcade games...

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »

I commented, though not really on arcade games...

I added your comment and I greatly appreciate that you did!

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »
Movie review for the uber-Christian film, "Fireproof" up on popgun today! Enjoy!

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »
Movie review for the uber-Christian film, "Fireproof" up on popgun today! Enjoy!

My wife is convinced I need to watch that movie with her. I keep telling her if I wanna watch a couple people argue over mindless things I would film my self and go to church on the off times.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »

My wife is convinced I need to watch that movie with her. I keep telling her if I wanna watch a couple people argue over mindless things I would film my self and go to church on the off times.

It's worth watching just because there is no way to NOT make fun of it. It's hilariously bad with no redeeming qualities. The fact that there are people who claim it's a good movie just astounds me.