Author Topic: Aaaaron. Ohhh Aaaron.  (Read 17223 times)

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
Re: Aaaaron. Ohhh Aaaron.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »
The 1986 film is the only one that matters. :foldarms:

"YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!  YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!"

also Weird Al

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
Re: Aaaaron. Ohhh Aaaron.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Quote from: crash2455

The 1986 film is the only one that matters. :foldarms:

"YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!  YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!"

You are correct good sir!

Haha wow. That is some super-lazy animation on those transformations. I imagine there was some sort of discussion in the art department that went about like this:

Animator 1: "Dammit. I love transformers, but I've been animating spinning gear things for like 12 hours. This is way harder than it seemed during my DeVry animation courses!"

Animator 2: "Yeah, I know. And they seem to want us to produce these things really fast. If only there was a way to get these animations done with only a few animation curves and almost no time."

1: "Haha. Yeah right. The only way to do that would be to scale the animal limbs in, scale the robot limbs out, then pose the result. It'd look like crap to any real transformers fan."

2:Yeah, it probably would.

Animator 3: Sorry to butt in, but I'm just curious... do any of the managers strike you as transformers fans?

Animation staff: ....

1: ...you know, I always like G-Force better anyways. Let's wrap these up in the next hour, render them out with bits missing over the next three months and submit them at our "progress report" meetings, and make it look like it took the entire production period.

2: You can't be serious! There's no way they'll fall for that.

Animator 4: Put a lens flare behind it! Managers love lens flares! And make sure to zoom the camera in and out a lot. Makes it more dynamic.

1: Fuck yes, promotions all around.

My optimistic worldview makes me want to believe this did not happen to the animators working for Mainframe, but I have to keep reminding myself that after ReBoots second revival they pretty much sold their souls to the highest bidder.  The Spider-Man CGI series that ran on MTV pretty much confirmed that theory.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"