Author Topic: RPPR shoutout, is this kosher?  (Read 12728 times)

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR shoutout, is this kosher?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
i would if i didnt have to register...nuts to that i say!

i did it regardless.....I'm shocked that no one mentioned Jafar. That's just silly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:34:29 PM by joecrak »
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Doc Brown

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
I know right I haven't even registered there yet, pain in the balls for such an inactive forum. I'll suggest they move the poll to the front page or something.

Jafar would have (SHOULD) have been a conteeendah. He's the Walter O' Dim of Disney. One problem might have been that his grim awesome villainry was overshadowed by the comedy of the genie or even the bird at a lot of points.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
also...the posts needing to be approved by a moderator before they are actually posted is really kind of annoying.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 03:20:42 AM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
Wow.  I mean i knew robin hood ripped off a ton from jungle book most obviously Little John and baloo being the same exact characters in almost every way. Not to mention Sir hiss being completely based off kaa.   The beauty and beast dance seen can sort of be defended as being an homoage to sleeping beauty, seeing as it wasn't made near so close together as the rest of the examples.

Ryo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
I don't see it as a big deal. Its not like they used the same animation. All the characters still had to be hand drawn.

I'm sure it made the work get done faster when they could use the same wireframes and just put new skins over top. :P

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:41:15 AM »
I don't see it as a big deal. Its not like they used the same animation. All the characters still had to be hand drawn.

I'm sure it made the work get done faster when they could use the same wireframes and just put new skins over top. :P

Plus given that these scenes are primarily dance sequences it is only a small portion of these films that are being copied over. Besides, Disney can use their version of the "it's a feature, not a bug" excuse:  "It's not lazy animation, it's Disneys signature animation!"

Speaking of computer bugs and Disney, Sark from Tron would probably have to be my vote.

"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"