Author Topic: This is why I shouldn't read the RPPR forums before going to bed...  (Read 9061 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
So I wake up at 3:30 this morning because I have a crazy dream where I'm giving a conference presentation about how role playing games expose America's underlying cultural ethos. And, if that wasn't bizarre enough, I'm quoting Ross.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: This is why I shouldn't read the RPPR forums before going to bed...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
I've had some freaky dreams but I don't think they where linked to RPPR. I usually check the forums before I go to bed.

However, I do try to avoid listening to the show late at night. I tend to try and finish whatever I start and in the case of actual plays, this is kind of a problem.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
I had a dream about one of the NPCs in the New World game looking for me as he paraded down a street with grotesque animals leaping all around him. It was pretty fucking scary. A pig (but it looked more like a human who had cut off a pig's face and wore it as his own) looked at square in the eye and said, "Pontefix is looking for you." I woke up and started to cry. No joke.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »
Dude man that's disturbing

I have weird dreams but wow  :-X
Kenders Rock

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 01:07:13 PM »
I had a dream about one of the NPCs in the New World game looking for me as he paraded down a street with grotesque animals leaping all around him. It was pretty fucking scary. A pig (but it looked more like a human who had cut off a pig's face and wore it as his own) looked at square in the eye and said, "Pontefix is looking for you." I woke up and started to cry. No joke.

Ross told me about this last time I was in Spfd, but he didn't mention the crying. Although, you're not a consistent role player in one of Ross's game until you start having nightmares about the games. My first nightmare about one of Ross's games, I was one of the characters I created and was being chased by a Hound of Tindalos. I actually woke up and said that doesn't make sense, hounds of Tindalos can't enter the dreamscape.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 01:37:27 PM »
 :'(

8)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »
So, my question, and I hope this doesn't seem weird or insensative, is this: did the next session have anything to do with high priests or bridges?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontifex_Maximus

Weirdness dream I had recently was a zombie one I had after running a DnD session where I used creatures from Open Grave. It was mostly a jumble, didn't make much sense but the ending, by which I mean the part where I woke up, was really strange. One of the zombies, who looked normal except he had green skin, had convinced one of the survivors he was a good zombie and she was out on a picnic with him, looking at other zombies, asking him questions. And them he ate her brain. That wasn't so bad, but apparently I can imagine some very disturbing screams. Took me sometime to get back to sleep.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
The only good zombie is a dead.. uhh..... a zombie with its head blown off.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile