Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 1009832 times)

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #690 on: May 28, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
welp i guess i gotta give into peer pressure and get this http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/27/day-z-photo-diary/

Yeah Ross. It's epic. Made me think of you.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
I'm suprised we haven't heard anything about Diablo 3 on here...

I haven't played it yet but it seems cool. Also rage face about Blizzard forcing me to login to play my single player game.

But then we've all heard this before I am sure.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
Not just login, but have a constant stable high speed connection because it downloads crap while its playing, which means when playing single player you get lag...hurray, and if it disconnects all the progress you made is pissed away.

I literally can't play it on my internet, so Id have to play it at work, although at this point I really don't want to (only played about 2 hours, and gave up), if I could id return it, or give it away (but the damn thing is tied to my account, i guess, which means the box and disc is just a pile of wasted money I'm quite seriously considering setting on fire.)

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
I've been playing Diablo 3 as well. I would be less engrossed if I didn't have friends playing it, too.

But on that note, I did build a new PC, and I'm looking for awesome PC things.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »
Playin' TERA, now that my computer can actually handle it. Good game.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
Just finished LA Noir. Turned out it was actually noir.

Now I'm on Prototype 2. Nice so far; gives me an idea for a Wild Talents mini-campaign.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »
Just finished LA Noir. Turned out it was actually noir.

Now I'm on Prototype 2. Nice so far; gives me an idea for a Wild Talents mini-campaign.

I really enjoyed L.A. Noire for what it was.  What'd you think about it, over-all?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #698 on: June 21, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
I thought it was a well constructed and well told interactive movie. I didn't know I could skip to a given destination until the last hour of the game so I spent alot of time driving around LA. It got to be a comfortable place with familiar sites. The hardest part for me was the questions; figuring out if I had evidence of someone lying or not got pretty frustrating.

Overall I loved it. I'm even putting Phelps into my WoD game as a foil to the PCs.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:29 PM »
Nice.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
Finished Deus Ex: HR this week.  I liked it a lot, it was the stealthy TPS/FPS I've enjoyed from Eidos in the past, had nice game-play elements and super slick visuals.  I enjoyed the recognizable references in Detroit, being from SE Michigan myself.  I would've liked more characterization and a little more time spent on the emotional side of Jensen's story but vidya games aren't usually great at that anyways.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 22, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »
Noticed a few people had tried Vindictus.  Any impressions?

Undertaker01235

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 26, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
I just picked up ghost recon future solider. If you are a gun nut you'll love this game with the gunsmith system. You can customize weapons down to the gas systems and trigger it's fun just playing around with that. The gameplay is more action oriented but it's still a very tactical game requiring stealth and precision for the campaign and tactics and coordiation of teammates on multiplayer. About half way through the campaign and played 5 matches online and so far id give it a 8/10-9/10 if you enjoy shooters or the series in general.
Currently writing:Boxing/MMA RPG and Cops/Robbers with a morality system if interested message me for my draft.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...unless it dismembers, breaks, blinds, or paralysed you.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #703 on: June 26, 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
Prototype 2 was a disappointment, even by the low standards that I set for myself. Story didn't make much sense, which is by far the worst offender for me. Graphic design is more exaggerated and much more cartoonish than the original in it's design. The colors and textures are dark but the themes, especially the generic Blackwatch goons, are right out of saturday morning cartoons. Why are Blackwatch soldiers walking around the city with shoulder pads, rags tied to their armor, and large, triangular blades strapped to their arms? I don't know. No one knows. And the game doesn't bother to explain this extreme shift in design from the previous installment. Worse, this change it a GI Joe Cobra-ish level of design is accompanied by conflicting depications of Blackwatch

Characterization is simplistic. The main character is black, swears constantly, and is angry. That's about all I know about him. Prototype was interesting in part because as the game went on we discovered more details about Mercer that changed how he viewed the world and himself as a put his memories back together, culminating in a major revelation of identity: [spoiler]that Alex Mercer had died in Penn Station and the being which now wore his form was a sentient/sapient strain of the Blacklight virus which origined using Mercer's bio-mass and memories, not Alex Mercer himself.[/spoiler] The new protagonist, Heller, has no such changes in his view of the world. He starts out hating Mercer and Blackwatch and continues to hate Mercer and Blackwatch. His dialog is primarily comprised of juvenile threats and pointless obscenities.

MORE TO COME, MUST STEP AWAY FROM KEYBOARD...

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
I recently discovered "Slender" some experimental and pretty atmospheric game set in the slender man mythos, still have to give it a full go, but it looks pretty creepy. a word of caution, Don't stare at them too long!

you can also see a couple of playthroughs on youtube but hey, the games free and pretty easy to start up on either a pc or mac.
Liquid Water?