Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996300 times)

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2011, 11:25:12 PM »
The babies are the best enemy in the game. Shoot 'em in the head once, use telekinesis to pick them up (headshots don't result in explosions), fling 'em at an enemy necromorph for an almost instant guaranteed free kill. =D
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2011, 03:51:26 AM »
Just got back from playing like 3 hours of Borderlands with two friends.  Good times (though I should have been studying)...

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2011, 05:19:02 AM »
The babies are the best enemy in the game. Shoot 'em in the head once, use telekinesis to pick them up (headshots don't result in explosions), fling 'em at an enemy necromorph for an almost instant guaranteed free kill. =D

One thing about babies and small children at least, is that they're easy to kill.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »

One thing about babies and small children at least, is that they're easy to kill.

Things-serial-killers-say.txt

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »
What's the difference between Nicole Kidman and a pile of dead babies?

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

The pile of dead babies has a better singing voice?
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

SageNytell

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
The pile of dead babies has a better singing voice?
Nicole Kidman just doesn't do it for me.  ;)

SageNytell

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
Dead Space 2: Officially beaten. Fuck the last two levels, one particular enemy, but the end was... interesting. Very.
Overall a very slick game, very cinematic, very different feel than the first game. This game does adrenaline pumping fear much better, but I think the original had more in the manner of absolute terror. I found myself running down to my last stores of ammo and credits at the end, whereas with the original through careful management of items and purchases I was able to buy a stock pulse rifle, fully upgrade it, and then buy 500 rounds of ammo for the very final fight. Haven't tried the multiplayer - I've heard it's just more semi L4D, but I'll probably give it a try, hopefully with some of you fine folks. Awesome game, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes survival horror.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »
Dead Space 2: Officially beaten. Fuck the last two levels, one particular enemy, but the end was... interesting. Very.
Overall a very slick game, very cinematic, very different feel than the first game. This game does adrenaline pumping fear much better, but I think the original had more in the manner of absolute terror. I found myself running down to my last stores of ammo and credits at the end, whereas with the original through careful management of items and purchases I was able to buy a stock pulse rifle, fully upgrade it, and then buy 500 rounds of ammo for the very final fight. Haven't tried the multiplayer - I've heard it's just more semi L4D, but I'll probably give it a try, hopefully with some of you fine folks. Awesome game, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes survival horror.

Dead Space 2's Multiplayer is fun. But if you're just starting out ,you'll be at a huge disadvantage, since it's exp/level based/using, and you'll only have wimpy abilities while everyone else will have like a +5 Vorpal Line Gun.

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »
In keeping with my dungeon crawling theme: Desktop Dungeons. It's free. And it's HARD. It's also available on both Mac and PC.
[spoiler]I've unlocked all of the non-monster races & classes, and I have still yet to master the game. DD is really unforgiving and requires thorough planning.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:43:18 PM by iceemaker »
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2011, 01:47:01 AM »
Gone back to playing City of Heroes to test out the new Incarnate system. Not too bad shame they made me wait like 2 years to impliment this feature.

Oh man I love City I wish I could get back on, tell me how is the new systems whats it like i must know!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2011, 12:32:07 AM »
Bought Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice Of Darkness Ep. 1&2 on Steam sale a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth the $3. Kinda sad the 3rd episode died. Been reading the text version, but it's just not the same.

Also Magicka. Fuck yeah, Magicka. Played through the adventure this weekend. Got to wave 14 in the forest challenge tonight. Protip: Summon Elemental good, Thunderstorm bad.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »
Beat Dead Space 2 a little while ago. Just like the first one, the ending sections were completely underwhelming and not at all interesting.

I was hoping for [spoiler]a climactic showdown with that fucking regenerating bastard, but noooooooooo. Bleh. [/spoiler]

Fen Tiger

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2011, 08:06:13 AM »
Gone back to playing City of Heroes to test out the new Incarnate system. Not too bad shame they made me wait like 2 years to impliment this feature.

Oh man I love City I wish I could get back on, tell me how is the new systems whats it like i must know!

Pretty good story wise they have tied it into the whole time travelling arch they have been working on. Heck the 1st mission they send you on to get your Incarnate powers they basically soup you up to full incarnate power also you can spend a mission pounding on the toughest AV's in the game with EASE.

But game wise the incarnate system is pretty cool. Once you have completed the incarnate story arc you unlock the alpha slot. Which you can slot your 1st incarnate ability into. you gain Incarnate abilities by collecting incarnate shards and turning them into special abilities. As you prgress you unlock more slots and more powerful abilities. Thats just the beginning however as there adding free extra pieces in the coming months http://eu.coh.com/en/news/article/febuary_producers_letters_incarnates

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.....

or rather I will be playing it at 10! 4 more hours!!!!!

Woot

PSN that shit.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.