Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996057 times)

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
I was always partial to the SA Forums LP name of Leopard Shepard, but that's probably just me.

Just started the series from the beginning last week, about 3/4 of the way through Mass Effect 1 now.
The adventures of Militant Space Lesbian and her crew of misfits continues!

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
I named my Shepard "Def'.

Def Shepard. Bv

also if for some reason you don't import an ME1+ME2 save, Thane and Wrex are considered dead in ME3. Ditto for the Rachni Queen.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
That's because Wrex is dead if you don't load one in Mass Effect 2. I hate my not loaded game in Mass Effect 2. The defaults are basically the opposite of what I did. It does change the social framing of the game experience though, which is pretty cool.

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 08, 2012, 02:58:52 AM »
Currently playing the 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss.  All I can say right now is... Akzeriuth.  DAMN shit gets real in Akzeriuth.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #634 on: March 08, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
After the successful installation of my new video card, it is time to return to the Normandy and resurrect Atticus Shepard for the last time.  Also I like the idea of the universe being saved by a plasma rifle-wielding Gregory Peck.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Borderlands GOTY, $8 Steam do it now.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Krecart

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • The tavern was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
While playing Mass Effect 3 this morning I traveled to the planet Carcosa to recover part of an ancient library.  :-\
The Codex informed me that the planet held the ruins of a palace overlooking a depression thought to have once been a large lake.
"In ancient days, when mystical shit was BIG and IN YOUR FACE, somebody FUCKED UP and BROKE EVERYTHING and now THINGS SUCK." -Bailywolf

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #637 on: March 12, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
While playing Mass Effect 3 this morning I traveled to the planet Carcosa to recover part of an ancient library.  :-\
The Codex informed me that the planet held the ruins of a palace overlooking a depression thought to have once been a large lake.

WHAT

Krecart

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 13, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »

WHAT

Yeah, that was my reaction. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately in this case) you can't land and check the place out. You basically scan the planet until you locate the library and then fire a probe to mark/retrieve the info.
Even with giant, sapient star ships trying to kill us all, looking for an ancient library on Carcosa feels like a bad plan.
"In ancient days, when mystical shit was BIG and IN YOUR FACE, somebody FUCKED UP and BROKE EVERYTHING and now THINGS SUCK." -Bailywolf

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »

WHAT

Yeah, that was my reaction. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately in this case) you can't land and check the place out. You basically scan the planet until you locate the library and then fire a probe to mark/retrieve the info.
Even with giant, sapient star ships trying to kill us all, looking for an ancient library on Carcosa feels like a bad plan.

Also, most of the reapers seem to be squid-based . . .

RELATED: Silent Hill Downpour. I'm not sure whether or not I like it yet. But it is much more tense than Homecoming was, so that is a point in its favor.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »

WHAT

FOUND!  http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Carcosa
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Krecart

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
Glad they finally put up that entry. It was not a thing last time I checked the wiki.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »

WHAT

I'm sorry, but the Reapers are definitely inspired from the Great Old Ones or lovecraftian cosmic horrors. There's indirect mention of them as such throughout the games. And everytime I see that big one approach the little girl in the sunflower fields (the cinematic trailer) I think "Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn."

Also, most of the reapers seem to be squid-based . . .

RELATED: Silent Hill Downpour. I'm not sure whether or not I like it yet. But it is much more tense than Homecoming was, so that is a point in its favor.
Liquid Water?

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »
I've been playing the crap out of the Tekkit Mod for minecraft. It is awesome. I have pipes all over my shit, it's like Brazil (the film, not the setting of Max Payne 3).
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
REAL TALK:

MASS EFFECT 3 HAS THE WORST ENDINGS. EVER.

99% of the game is GREAT, but my god, those endings are like

They are like

They are like bad and wrong
But an unholy synethesis of the two.

Wrobad. Brwong?

NO. BADONG.