Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 1002962 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #885 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:40 AM »
Well now that ive had my new pc for a few weeks ive been playing planetside 2 I realy like it for fps massive shooter, as for an 8v8 shooter ive played ghost recon online, not bad either,  its 3rd person so you get the people who peek over the cover using the angles of the cam, but other then that its not bad, only like 5 maps but they seem fun.

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »
Playing Gravity Rush. I know it's been mentioned in this thread before, but jumping twenty feet into the sky, and then gravity-kicking a monster in the face? Totally awesome.

Also I got Spec Ops: The Line for about $3.50 during the Steam holiday sale, and I started it Friday. I don't normally play military shooters, but this one has its hooks in.

"Do you feel like a hero yet?"

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 27, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
Anyone else excited for Heart of the Swarm?
Liquid Water?

geekyogrt

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Geek Yogrt
« Reply #888 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
Recently started playing multiplayer / vs. Warcraft 2.  My wife was never a gamer until the last couple of years, so it is all new to her and we've been having a blast.  Brings back memories of 24hr LAN parties as a kid.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #889 on: March 19, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »
Finished Dark Souls on the PC not long ago. For a game that is generally known as "that really hard game" the plot is incredibly good.  I personally find it really hard to explain it but here's an article that should help convey this http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/29/storytelling-in-dark-souls-and-skyrim/.

I've been inspired to try to run Tomb of Horrors in 4e with a Dark Souls twist where the characters cannot leave the dungeon until they get to the end and where death is not necessarily the end but a serious drawback. Where the occupants of the dungeon are merely previous adventurers who have succumbed to their fate and have been horribly corrupted. This is only a work in progress as the concept only really occurred to me today. What do you guys think?

Edit- I found this article a while ago which really hits home one of the many aspects of dark souls. Definitely worth a read - http://www.destructoid.com/a-grandson-s-struggle-with-alzheimer-s-and-dark-souls-243378.phtml
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:40:25 PM by Wooberman »

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 19, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Finished Dark Souls on the PC not long ago. For a game that is generally known as "that really hard game" the plot is incredibly good.  I personally find it really hard to explain it but here's an article that should help convey this http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/29/storytelling-in-dark-souls-and-skyrim/.

I've been inspired to try to run Tomb of Horrors in 4e with a Dark Souls twist where the characters cannot leave the dungeon until they get to the end and where death is not necessarily the end but a serious drawback. Where the occupants of the dungeon are merely previous adventurers who have succumbed to their fate and have been horribly corrupted. This is only a work in progress as the concept only really occurred to me today. What do you guys think?

Edit- I found this article a while ago which really hits home one of the many aspects of dark souls. Definitely worth a read - http://www.destructoid.com/a-grandson-s-struggle-with-alzheimer-s-and-dark-souls-243378.phtml

Playing Dark Souls has been an immensely gratifying experience for me as well. I only played it once it was released on PC, but as a late comer to the series I found myself enchanted by the setting and gameplay.

By the way, if you want to read more articles on Dark Souls, I suggest this one as well as this one.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 21, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
Started Playing Dota 2 with my friends.

I like League of Legends better but I've come to the conclusion that it's not terrible.

I am often frustrated by a lot of mechanics though. I made this list for myself after playing a few games. So if any of you are planning on making the MOBA transition I post my thoughts.

Also I have a ton of free dota 2 copies still so if anyone wants one let me know.

In Dota 2

No Recall instead you have to buy a courier who brings you things during your lane.

No Jungle Mobs with Buffs instead random pickups in river.

Turrets are pretty much useless.

You lose gold when you die.

You can have minions that you control independently of your champion.

Secret Stores are required to buy certain items.

Stores in bot and top lanes w/ limited inventory.

Any champion can buy an item to give them stealth.

Strength Agility and Intelligence are the primary attributes these are important for multiple derived stats.

Stealth is extremely common as is hard CC.

Wards come in groups of 2.

No Summoner Spells, Runes, or Masteries.

You can see your opponents death timers at any time by looking at the top. You can only check your personal KDA by going to the score details.

There is a Night/Day vision cycle.

Kills, Towers and Last Hits can be denied by an enemy player.

Items are generally more expensive but last hits also give more gold.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #892 on: March 21, 2013, 03:02:44 PM »
DotA2 and LoL really are very different games for all their common traits, which I like because it's another sign that MOBA is becoming an actual genre. I uninstalled DotA2 after about eight games; I just don't like it as much as LoL.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
I agree with you on my personal preference but a few of my friends are really into the game so I figure why not...

I still think a Jump into the deep end MOBA Fan game or two are in order for an RPPR/Raillery project.

I'd play Dota 2 for that. Especially if its just a fan custom game.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »
I don't play DOTA or LoL but my roommate does and I hear screaming and keyboard smashing whenever he plays. So I assume I'm just missing out on raising my blood pressure and possibly an aneurism in the near future?

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »
It happens.

I do get frustrated on occasion especially when I lose an engagement I feel I should have won.

The main problem is a lot of randoms think that they are 2pr0 and are championship material and would be in the big leagues if they didnt have such bad team mates.

Then they start raging because it couldn't possibly be their fault they lost.

The games can be quite a lot of fun, but I don't play alone anymore because losing is still fun if you have friends that are losing with you.

So yeah there are rage hards but there are also insanely good times when you pull off the perfect combo to take down both guys in a 2v1.

Frustrating and Gratifying depending on the day and mindset you have.

bidoof

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:55 PM »
Hey, I grabbed the Tripwire Humble Bundle for the Killing Floor DLC, and it came with keys for Red Orchestra 1 and 2.  They're not my kind of game, so here's the steam keys if anyone wants to grab them:
B0WID-NPQN0-LWP84
GR6H8-AKF7Y-T8L0E

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
LoL is pulling me back in. *sigh*

Replaying old RTS games too. Spellforce and Spellforce 2, with expansions. Dawn of War 2. Might dig out a few others.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 04, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
Friend of mine just installed league for the first time, he's played Dota 2 a bit so he knows the basics but the tonight is going to be a large amount of practicing smurf style.

Also, I have had my new pc for over 30 days and I done my dailies on Guild Wars 2 every day since getting the new comp.

I'm on a roll.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 04, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
Didn't realize the game experience was as different as it is in coop for Dead Space 3. Gonna have to play through it with a buddy now. 
Liquid Water?