Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996201 times)

Thesauradon

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »
Keys Redeemed, Game session planned. Thank you Bidoof! Your generosity now supports my entertainment habit.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #901 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
Warframe is pretty cool. Just started out. It's another Free-to-Play game with multi-player but it focuses on co-op play.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13:16 AM »
I played warframe its ok with friends. Upgrades for your gear is a bit expensive if you don't wanna pay cash. Like I got a schmatic for duel swords, cost 15k credits, now I have to find the mats, and get another 20k credits and then wait 20hrs of time to craft it. The game play was fun but seemed easy. The challengeing part was mastering the wal jumps and wall runs.

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 14, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
Has anyone tried Defiance yet? Is it worth getting?
Liquid Water?

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »
From the reviews and gameplay footage I've seen, Defiance looks quite shit.

Recently returned to my Blood Bowl campaign. God damn Chaos Dwarfs.
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 14, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
Demon's Souls, Minecraft (with the Feed the Beast modpack), Starcraft 1 modded into SCII and borrowing my roommates 3DS from time to time for some Fire Emblem....

That's about it...

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 14, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
Thinking of picking up my practically brand new copy of Red Dead Redemption after hearing the last episode of the main podcast.  :D
Liquid Water?

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 14, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
Finished Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite, both were rather annoying.

Tomb Raider because it was really trying way to hard to be Uncharted and had way too much combat (an island populated by a violent cult made up of the few people who just happened to come into contact with that one remote island, then managed to survive being shipwrecked in incredibly violent storms, then managed to survive the initial contact with existing cult members who kill most those who find their way to the island, then joined the cult whose initiation involves starving and torturing them until most die or go crazy...and there's practically millions of them.) It's recockulous, and way too many have grenades/dynamite/molotovs, it just got to the point I dreaded having to fight anything, but that was all it was, almost no puzzles or exploring, what platforming was there was good hut it served only as a way to connect the next corridors full of people to murder and a bulkshit cutscene in which Lara pissed away any competence the gameplay portion had given her.

Bioshock Infinite was just kinda bland for me, though. The world was OK, but it went from highly populated and thriving society to barren wasteland indistinguishable from post-fall rapture in no time flat. The ending was way too up its own ass and the big twist was pretty predictable (so was the part about the Vox betraying you, like blaringly retardedly obvious, and made dumber by the fact they returned to them so they could get their airship and leave...meanwhile when they decided that they were ON a large airship capable of leaving) and really all the ending did was hand-wave try to justify in game that they just copy+pasted the first game, and thought if they could get all deepak chopra it would make it ok.

edwardian_adventurer

• View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
« Reply #908 on: April 16, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
I started playing Icewind Dale for the first time. I decided to base my party on The Water Barons from The New World campaign--or as close as I could approximate since I couldn't create Warforge, Dragon Born, Eladrin, or Orc characters. I also had to get creative with some of the character classes, but I tried to be true to the essence of the characters. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now, however, I'm deciding which character I should kill/delete so I can replace him with a thief. In hindsight it seems obvious that Icewind Dale would have a ton of dungeon crawling. You have failed me, Water Barons. Failed me!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #909 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
nah dog you failed the water barons  >:(

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #910 on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
Water Barons don't dungeon crawl: they befriend/bride the monsters and call it good.

Went digging through my game pile to find something a friend could borrow and found some stuff I want to get back to.

Need to finish my play through of Dead Space but I'll probably end up playing StarDrive first.

Kabnit

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 16, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
Been playing a lot of Defiance lately. I know some above said it looked like shit, but it isn't that bad. It plays like the big brother to Borderlands, I think. With some notable differences, the only issue I think it had was the bug issue.

Jacko

• Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:32 AM »
I've been hooked on Don't Starve lately.  It's a weird little game with an old-timey sepia aesthetic and it has a great representation of what SAN loss could be like.  I think it's $12 on Steam but you get 2 copies if you buy it so you can gift one to a friend.  See if you can last longer than a month, winter's a bitch.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 18, 2013, 07:18:49 PM »
Currently teaching my friend to play League of Legends on a smurf account.

He's getting a hang of it, he has the basics down from playing Dota 2 a little bit but he's saving up for a champion he really wants to main.

Also I appreciate Guild Wars 2 alot more now that I've learned most of the mechanics.

I'm still not into the crafting system but thats because I'm lazy, my friends all love it.

I'm 71 on my first character so I'm fast approaching the level cap.

After my support thief I'm going for a Condition Damage Necro and a Warrior who is a healer.

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:46 PM »
I didnt know Sly Cooper 4 got released recently, picked it up the other day.

Been mainly playing it on my Vita because six-axis control is mandatory in parts and I don't have a PS3 controller with motion. Luckily by buying it on the PS3 I got the Vita version for free.

Other than some frame-rate issues I don't have much to complain about it except I dont really like the level design, the worlds are too small but at the same time because theres so much crammed into them its too easy to get lost. Feels like it might end up being too short and easy, though.