Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996213 times)

metalwhisper

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #945 on: May 31, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »
Got Expeditions: Conquistador on Steam today. Just started playing it, but so far it's awesome: old school tactical turned-based rpg, overlooked setting, interesting characters and dialog, and pretty nice art. Also has an Oregon Trail feel. If you like those things, you might want to consider giving it a try.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
Ive been playing path of exile This Is pretty fun. its free to play, very diablo 2 feeling top down action adventure RPG. The Skill tree is very crazy looking to begin with and instead of ability you get gems to level up. so every class can spec into what ever they want. Its really interesting.

metalwhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »
Looks interesting. Might have to give it a try.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #948 on: May 31, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »
Just got Heart of the Swarm, the next chapter of Starcraft 2. Might try the multiplayer modes too.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 31, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
Started playing Crusader Kings 2. Pretty complicated but pretty fun as well.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 31, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
Started playing Crusader Kings 2. Pretty complicated but pretty fun as well.

Steam says I've spent 150 hours on CK2, so yeah, it's definitely a fun game.  8)

If you need a bit of help with the interface (it's what took me the longest to come to grips with) I'd suggest this video.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
its free to play if you ever liked diablo 2 this is your game. The merchants are like a harodic cube. You trade olin diffrent items and get back other thinkgs. Like 3 flasks of the same size give you one of the size bigger. It gets more fun once you relise how crazy the talents are set up.

metalwhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 03, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »
its free to play if you ever liked diablo 2 this is your game. The merchants are like a harodic cube. You trade olin diffrent items and get back other thinkgs. Like 3 flasks of the same size give you one of the size bigger. It gets more fun once you relise how crazy the talents are set up.

Cool, I'll definitely have to play it then. The skill trees look insane.

Also, I've played crusader kings II and really like it. It does have a learning curve though, so Dom thanks for the video link. Got a lot of DLC for it recently, including The Old Gods, so looking forward to it. The soundtrack of the game is also pretty impressive.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 05, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »
Typing of the Dead....

'Nuff said....

Seriously check it out, some of the priceless phrases, "Thick and long injection" "Why am I playing this game?" "Keeping up appearances"

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 06, 2013, 11:32:02 AM »
Just installed Marvel Heroes last night.

I hate that they have microtransactions to unlock characters because you just know it's gonna be impossible to find new characters in game.

They are gonna be like a .0001 drop rate. "But you can buy it from the store for the low low price of kiss my ass!"
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 06, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
Started Far Cry 3 the other day, got maybe 2 or 3 hours in when the world was opening up, and quit because it fails at being open world.

Go to activate a radio tower to open up that part of the map, save the game and quit for the night. Come back and hey, I seem to remember already getting that, so why is it saying I didn't now? Go to get it again, after its activated leave that part of the world, but get on a boat and start heading to the next one and now its saying I failed a mission I didn't ever start...and then automatically reloads the last save point, and that damn antenna is still not captured.  Apparently there was a mission on that island the antenna was on, and just by stepping foot on it launched the mission, and you can't leave or else.

Then finally found some Dingos to murder to upgrade some capacity thing, killed them, crafted my item and got my extended capacity, did something else and then thought I'd head towards my next destination in a jeep in the manner you do in an open world game (as the crow flies, no matter the obstacles). After falling down the cliff and dying, instead of burdoning me by just warping me to a safe house or hospital with some cash missing like pretty much every other open world game, it oh so helpfully just reloaded my last save thereby getting rid of like 20 minutes of game time...

So I was gonna wait until I beat Far Cry 3 before playing Remember Me, but nm, thats what I'm playing now.
Controls don't seem that tight, and trying to get the memory glitches activated is kinda annoying, and the voice acting is kinda meh (well, unless Neo-Paris is in Canada), But so far it seems good (haven't gotten that far though, only just now Bartleby'd my first ally.)

----------
Was kinda expecting more than a beat-em-up from Remember Me, played for about 4 hours (i think) and it only did the memory changing thing once, so far its just been a lot of very linear pseudo-platforming and then you get to a large platform or rooftop and have another generic fight.

---
So I took a break from that to play Little Inferno from the humble bundle. Was a nice relaxing kinda game, some of the combos didn't quite make sense and wouldnt have figured them out without looking them up or trying to burn everything with everything else, but overall I liked it.

Then I started Path of Exile, so far so good, skills kinda remind me of a mix between FFX and FFVII, you equip skills like materia into sockets and then your skill tree to amplify your skills/attributes is a big thingy like FFX. Didn't know it had all these social features and stuff built in, so just hoping it doesnt take up too much bandwidth to play since I have crap lousy limited internet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:34:42 AM by Joven »

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #956 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
Thanks to the most recent humble bundle I have come into steam codes for both Frozen Synapse and Broken Sword: Directors cut. I have no use for these as I already own the games, Any takers?

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 18, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
Thanks to the most recent humble bundle I have come into steam codes for both Frozen Synapse and Broken Sword: Directors cut. I have no use for these as I already own the games, Any takers?

I'm always up for trying new games.

I really wanted to get into that bundle because of Hotline Miami but I missed it.

Either way you can PM them to me if you are feeling generous...

Thanks!

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #958 on: June 18, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
we have a winner, PMing right away

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 18, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
Awesome!

I won't be able to do much with it till I get home but still awesome.

Has anyone tried "The Last of Us"? It's getting rave reviews and I barely heard a word about the damn game.

Makes me think I might have to give it a go.