Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996286 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #975 on: July 02, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
Psychonauts is a great game and you will respect it

In other news, Organ Trail is a huge fucking disappointment. I hate the aiming mechanics AND lack of controller support.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #976 on: July 04, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
Played a few hours of cart life.  Goddamn if that wasn't the most emotionally destroying thing I have played.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #977 on: July 04, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
New Killing Floor event is awesome. Objective mode is tense and fun, even on normal.  You guys should try it out.

metalwhisper

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »
I have to get into Killing  Floor again. It's been a while since I've played. Cooperative games are the best. I'm not so much into competitive multiplayer.
I've been checking out some roguelikes recently, since I've been missing old school crpgs. One I've found that seems pretty cool is Infra Arcana:
http://infraarcana.wikispaces.com/
It's very Call of Cthulhu. Just started playing it, but liking it so far. Especially since it's horror, Lovecraft inspired. Nice change of pace from all the fantasy rpgs out there.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #979 on: July 07, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
Thanks to the amount of humble bundle-like sites that have suddenly sprung up out of the woodwork I managed to get a bunch of game keys for the few games i wanted and a lot of keys for games that I'm not really interested in. So rather than just keep them to myself I figured I'd offer them free to whoever wants them. Who better than the loyal RPPR fans?

The keys I have available are as follows -

PM me if you want the Steam code. I only have one code for each game so be quick if you want any.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:26:48 PM by Wooberman »

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 10, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
Speaking of emotionally destroying, The Last Of Us.  Oof, what a terrific story.  I needed a box of tissues at hand through a lot of it.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »
THE STEAM SUMMER SALE IS HERE

I'm gonna get Anno 2070 and the Skyrim DLCs.

What are you guys planning on buying?

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 13, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »
Just got the Jak and Daxter HD collection, and finished playing Jak and Daxter. Only got 98% though (got all power cells, but missing about 75 or so orbs and it'd be too much work finding them.)

And since I just upgraded my computer quite a bit, before I move on to Jak 2, I can take advantage of my computers new grunt to finally get around to really playing Super Mario Sunshine in an emulator. I could never play it on GameCube because the inverted camera controls aggravated the crap out of me, so it's been collecting dust for about a decade. But with the emulator I can finally make the camera work correctly by assigning the camera backwards.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 15, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
I got X-Com: Enemy Unknown and lost most of my weekend.
Not a bad trade, but damn is that game addictive.

metalwhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 18, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Ah Steam...I love you...yet I hate you...
I'm getting a bunch of games I've been wanting, waiting for their price to drop.
Got Fallout New Vegas for like $5. It's pretty great. The geckos crack me up for some reason.
Though it's nice getting games for like $5-10, it's also easy to spend $500 in a blink of an eye on there.
Ah Steam...I love you...yet I hate you...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #985 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:33 PM »
I got a bunch of baller indie games like Gunpoint, Kairo and Antichamber. Natural Selection 2 was a huge disappointment. Shitty community and the base alien requires too much skill as a newbie.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 20, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »
Finished Mario Sunshine, and it was really quite good (once I fixed the camera), a lot better than I was expecting it to be, because all I remember about it is hating it when I tried to play it on the Gamecube.

Jak 2 was rather disappointing, however, and I stopped playing pretty early on. Kinda sucks since the first one was so good, I do at least think that if you havent played the first Jak and Daxter then the price of the HD collection is still worth it just for that. But just didn't like the fauxpen world crap in Jak 2, like it was just another game in that era after GTA 3/VC came out where so many things had to be like it, even games that didn't fit. And the "open" world didn't serve any purpose since theres nothing to explore or see, really, just made getting around annoying. It was actually way more linear than the first one which had a hub-based world. (also, I disliked the tone/world/etc, where it wanted to get all angsty and grimdark.)

So after quitting that I continued on the gamecube/wii game spree I'm currently going on, and after briefly checking to see whether Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis really was one of the worst games ever made (eeyup), I'm now playing Mario Galaxy 2 (said to be one of the best games by some). And so far, I'm not liking it near as much as Sunshine. Its definitely better than it was on the Wii now that I can just play it on a 360 controller, but it doesnt feel as tight or fun as Sunshine did, and I dislike the little round worlds thing (didn't have much of a problem with it in Ratchet and Clank though, I think overall those were bigger little worlds so you werent constantly running away from the camera.)

Maybe I'll watch a lets play of Jak 2, after I finish watching the one for Shadows of the Damned (another game I started to play, kinda liked, but couldn't get into the gameplay of it and quit early on) and then move on to Jak 3 and hope its better (from what I've read though, its not.)

Anyone know of any other good platformy collecty kinda games? At some point I might get the Ratchet and Clank HD collection, and theres going to be a new R&C game coming out soonventually (and luckily its a return to formula, instead of crappy 4-person coop generic shootem ups like the last couple), and basically I'm just waiting until Hat in Time comes out (I didn't get beta access though, so I'll have to wait until its fully done)

metalwhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 27, 2013, 02:43:49 AM »
Shadowrun Returns! Finally! I'm really liking it so far, and I'm well into the included campaign. A little rough around the edges,  and it is very linear, though I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, many old school rpgs were. Everyone takes the "open sandbox world thing" for granted these days, and seem to think rpg's need to be only and exclusively sandboxes. The game almost seems to be just the engine and ruleset, if that makes any sense. Also not a bad thing, IMHO. Hopefully official DLC and community content will really expand the world in the future. Sort of like the old school adventure modules from back in the day. For now, I think the story and characters in the first adventure are very good. A very noir story, actually. The art is also beautiful. Captures Shadowrun perfectly.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 27, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
Shadowrun Returns! Finally! I'm really liking it so far, and I'm well into the included campaign. A little rough around the edges,  and it is very linear, though I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, many old school rpgs were. Everyone takes the "open sandbox world thing" for granted these days, and seem to think rpg's need to be only and exclusively sandboxes. The game almost seems to be just the engine and ruleset, if that makes any sense. Also not a bad thing, IMHO. Hopefully official DLC and community content will really expand the world in the future. Sort of like the old school adventure modules from back in the day. For now, I think the story and characters in the first adventure are very good. A very noir story, actually. The art is also beautiful. Captures Shadowrun perfectly.

I'm liking Shadowrun Returns as well. I love turn-based RPGs and it's a shame that nowadays there are only action RPGs and RPGs blended with first person and third person shooters.  This game is right up my alley.

I only wish it had a better save system, the current 'auto-save only when you switch levels' deal is annoying and restrictive. From what I've gathered, it was set up like that due to time and money constraints.... but it really needs to be patched at some point.

metalwhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 27, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
I agree with you there, Dom. A con of the game is that the save system is a bit of a drag. A lot of people are complaining about it. For me, it was more an annoyance in the beginning. Now it's not bothering me so much. Maybe I just got used to it. Regardless, it does need fixing. I hope they patch it at some point also.
Another game I've been playing is Solium Infernum. It's developed by Cryptic Comet, they make turn based strategy games, basically computer board games, like Armageddon Empires. If you like that type of thing, SI is definitely worth checking out. The idea is that you play a Lord of Hell(you can create your own, which is very cool), vying for power with other lords. Great art also. I believe they have a demo available:
http://www.crypticcomet.com/games/SI/Solium_Infernum.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:19:14 AM by metalwhisper »