Author Topic: Iphone/Ipod RPG tools  (Read 4776 times)

VampireVladd

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Iphone/Ipod RPG tools
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »
I Just got an Iphone and found that there are a ton of RPG tools in the Apps section. Does anyone know of any must have Iphone Apps that will help with GMing a game?

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone/Ipod RPG tools
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:14:24 AM »
I dunno about the Iphone, but I have an Android app that is a dice roller. You can customize sets of dice like 3d6+2 or just 1d6 or if you get bored 10d100's either way I only use it when no real dice are available since it isn't truely random, true random would take hours to put out a result.

I also found a "Spell Book" it doesnt offer an Add New feature for non SRD spells but it has everything from the 3.5 SRD and you can browse all or check off the ones you want to add to your spellbook for a quick list of all the spells you can cast and what the specfics mechanics of each one are.

It's a far cry from writing the page number next to the spell to reference it for specfics.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:50:47 PM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone/Ipod RPG tools
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:34:36 AM »
Personally I am a big fan of MachDice. It's a $0.99 dice rolling app that supports complex dice pools, holding/rerolling individual dice as needed, and has a One Roll Engine mode which is unique among dice rolling apps to my knowledge. The only thing I notice that is lacking is a success-counting mode for things like WoD and Shadowrun, but that's not hard to do visually.

The other thing I've done is to bookmark relevant pages from the d20PFSRD.com site and put them on the dashboard for my ipod. Quick and easy way to look up relevant info for free.