Author Topic: Advice on my first Wild Talents session  (Read 14525 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Advice on my first Wild Talents session
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
If he's immune to psychology in general than I'd say he doesn't have to make trauma rolls. Trauma rolls as I've used them are based on fear, primarily the fear of death. Without that primal fear he doesn't have to dive for cover when bullets are shooting past his head.

On the other hand, he hasn't mastered that fear, he just doesn't have it. Exploit that. He isn't afriad so he shouldn't get the same warnings as normal PCs, feelings of wrongness and danger. His body and mind don't respond to those things because he has no will.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
In regards to my no will question, he's going with alternate PC creation option that you have no will.  IE he's immune to psychological attacks and things that affect thought by and stimuli.  What sorts of trauma would then effect him?

well the downside to that is that he can't use willpower or base will to aid his rolls. He doesn't gain bonus willpower for completing personal goals.

He is basically an emotionless robot. No feelings. No love. No hate.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Just occured to me that he can't use the other functions of willpower either, like shfiting damage to another hit location or shaking off damage (which seem like really important tricks to have in Wild Talents judging from the RPPR games so far).

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
He's playing an austistic-ish sherlock holmes with in-human as the archtype.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 05:38:23 AM »
Wrapped up the second session and the module...things are going smoother now.  A lot of checking the book in combat but its getting clearer.

I have to say the system and setting are nuts and my group loves it. 

A player leaped off the second level of a museum atrium and made a called shot on Napoleon's head.  Landed the hit, one shot knocked him out and off his horse in the process.  Two rounds later a second player stole Napoleon's horse and rode off.

The third player lit Raphael's St. Michael on fire to prevent the painting from spawning more hell hounds.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 05:57:08 PM »
Two rounds later a second player stole Napoleon's horse and rode off.

Was that part of the plan or was he just running away, cus there's more than one way to interpret that.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »
The horse was flipping out, kicking and running about trying to get away from all the loud noises.  The player wanted to get the horse to calm it down, ride it and then go run down fleeing Napoleonic soldiers with Napolean's saber.