Author Topic: Regular podcast thread  (Read 28837 times)

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Regular podcast thread
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
This thread is about the regular episodes of RPPR.

So Ross, will you be doing one for Holloween this year?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Regular podcast thread
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
Yeah we will. I need to talk to Tom about it since Tom wants guests that would have to skype in and that's a big technical hurdle

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »

You need people who always interrupt or who always stay quiet no matter what. The stepping on each other/awkward silence after of skype conversation delay can get annoying!

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:53:33 PM »
When's Favorite Forum Threads gonna come. Between my Fan-fic think tread and all the Order66 shenanigans, the time is right.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 02:10:21 AM »
OH man! New episode is shiny and new.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »
You guys need to do this.  F'reals.

http://www.hipsterplease.com/2008/08/drunken-podcasting-month.html

On a regular podcast as opposed to the APs? Because the 1988 league game involved margaritas and other games have involved beer

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:07:06 AM »
The regular podcast (hence my posting it in this thread).

Sean-o-tron

• heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »
either one that might happen in the month of september. GET CRUNK

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 03:08:10 AM »
either one that might happen in the month of september. GET CRUNK

This also works.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:02:10 AM by crash2455 »

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:10 AM »
In the most recent episode, you talked about rhetoric in The New World.  The first thing that came to my mind was Mike's arguments and "LET ME SPEAK MAH PIECE!" and the one time he derailed the game through a player on player discussion by changing the subject to an abstract concept and arguing semantics.

Yoba

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Inspired without a muse
    • View Profile
    • Role Play Rascality
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
I have yet to listen to the latest podcast yet. Haven't had much podcast time. BUT And not to derail the thread, but when I first listened to Mike, I thought he was just a really hickish white guy who I imagined wore a red bandanna on his head. Apparently I"m bad at paying attention to podcasts for hours on end, especially when I"m doing other things at the same time. Like play Halo, or read text books. I like how short the normal podcasts are. Well at least they seem short compared to the actual plays. I started listening to this pretty late and so catching up on APs and the normal podcasts means a lot of hours in my room with Ross, Tom and the whole gang rabblerousing in my speakers.

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

I have to agree that roleplaying is inhenerntly a social endeavour.There are far more rules to model physical activities and less for social activities in most systems exactly for this reason. You can't do one hundred push ups and ask if that can be used to get passed a diplomacy scene, you need some basic 'social' skill to wantto play. And you need a supportive GM and group to help with the fun.

Peopel seem to always put the axis as 'combatant -----> non-combatant when they want to highlight the unfairness of a better RPer playing. However, really there are two sccales. 'Tactical thinker ------> rolls for attack. and 'Socal / creative thinker ---------> rolls for non-combat'

In both carses, a supportive group and some basic interest/compenence seems to be required. ensuring things come down to dice rolling can protect weaker tactical/social players. Ensuring player actions actually frame what the consequences of the dice rolls actually are can hopefully encourage any player to grow their skills with playing RPGs.

Thinking on the old persuassion topic, one idea not mentioned for persuading a player seemed to be in the consequences. not in forcing bennies, but simply pointing out 'ok, you were persuaded...now your character is free to harte the other character.' It's already an accepted part of intimidation. Just because a player badgers another using facts or bargaining doenas't mean they have to like it any more.

If a player decided their character would not do this, but something their character was forced to do it, that can sour the character/character relationship. Like the villain who uses logic to force the hero to do soemthign they wouldn't do - the greater good, the lesser evil. Or like a charatcer that guilts or shames another into an action that they know, later, they'll regret.

Infact, the hatred doesn't have to be after the fact. If a player wants to force persuassion on the tank, can't the tank force his brawn on the talker? Seems a good cinematic moment. The burly hero is smacking aroudn the slimy sneak, while the slimy sneak uses every nasty trick in the book to force the hero to do something unpleasant.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »
using this thread to mention that I once again submitted RPPR and RPPR AP to the Ennies. I also threw in Codex of War because why not?

I also used this as the music that will play if we win anything

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
You know, the latest episode says it's NSFW but isn't the generally true of all RPPR episodes and APs? Or am I just being silly.