Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Era/Movie  (Read 14751 times)

KallMeKip

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Favorite Star Trek Era/Movie
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
Which series is your favorite and which movie is your favorite?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Favorite Star Trek Era/Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
Deep Space Nine was my favorite series, though Picard is my favorite captain.

Out of the movies I think the new Star Trek has to be my favorite. Before that came out it was Star Trek IV. IV got replaced by V and VI after I found Rifftrax way back when (hilarious).

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
DS9 was my fave too. Cisco my fave commander. I wanted to get into voyager but never was able too due to scheduling. As for best movie... Wraith of Khan.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
James Tyberius Kirk is the greatest Captain because he is a total badass. There is no subtext to the character and he is all man.

Best movie has to go to the very first. Star Trek: the Motion Picture is my all-time favorite. Kirk is against something he can't fight or fuck, so what does he do? He sits back as another Captain comes along and sacrifices himself and the movie ends with Kirk saying, "Well, we did it."

For all the wrong, and right reasons, I love James T. Kirk. He bangs chicks, he kills what he can't convert and he is all that is man.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »
Favorite movie? Wrath of Khan, duh.

Favorite Era hrmnn. TNG.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »
i like the borg one

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:01:34 AM »
TNG is a better era than classic series and Star Trek: First Contact (the Borg one) is also a really amazing movie. I remember seeing that in theaters and even then, I knew how badass it was. Good times.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
I liked classic and TNG. I was a fan of Star Trek in rerun long before TNG, but I think TNG is my favorite. Never watched a lot of DS9, practically no Voyager or Enterprise. For movies, I'd say Star Trek II or VI for the classics. I didn't love any of the TNG movies.

One thing that cracked me up was when Star Trek Nemesis came out how they were touting the adage that even numbered Trek films don't suck. I think they actually beleived that was just a law of the universe so they didn't have to try hard. I waited for that one of DVD and then just borrowed it from someone. Saved lots of money that way :-)

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »
God, I'd totally forgotten about Kirk in that first movie. I haven't watched that one is like ten years. Kirk is a true PC archtype.

TNG is a better era than classic series and Star Trek: First Contact (the Borg one) is also a really amazing movie. I remember seeing that in theaters and even then, I knew how badass it was. Good times.

I enjoyed seeing Picard freak out a little in that one. In the show he had occational bursts of anger or emotional but was largely very calm. In First Contact he shots a borg with a Tommy Gun and calls Worf a coward.

And Data gets laid. You just have to let the robot off the cyber chain sometimes, am I right?

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
God, I'd totally forgotten about Kirk in that first movie. I haven't watched that one is like ten years. Kirk is a true PC archtype.

I enjoyed seeing Picard freak out a little in that one. In the show he had occational bursts of anger or emotional but was largely very calm. In First Contact he shots a borg with a Tommy Gun and calls Worf a coward.

And Data gets laid. You just have to let the robot off the cyber chain sometimes, am I right?

The Borg queen was fucking hot in that movie. I have a gay friend who even wants to bang her.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
I liked classic and TNG. I was a fan of Star Trek in rerun long before TNG, but I think TNG is my favorite. Never watched a lot of DS9, practically no Voyager or Enterprise. For movies, I'd say Star Trek II or VI for the classics. I didn't love any of the TNG movies.

One thing that cracked me up was when Star Trek Nemesis came out how they were touting the adage that even numbered Trek films don't suck. I think they actually beleived that was just a law of the universe so they didn't have to try hard. I waited for that one of DVD and then just borrowed it from someone. Saved lots of money that way :-)

Nemesis wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't the worst of the movies. That honor goes to Star Trek: Insurrection. That movie licked my balls.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
Nemesis wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't the worst of the movies. That honor goes to Star Trek: Insurrection. That movie licked my balls.

Insurrection felt like a massive leap backwards after First Contact (I don't know if that's the right order but that's the order I remember seeing them in).

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

The Borg queen was fucking hot in that movie. I have a gay friend who even wants to bang her.

That dont count if its a lesbian!

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
Botany Bay, Botany Bay!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.