Author Topic: Ruins of Lemuria Kickstarter  (Read 162402 times)

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Ruins of Lemuria Kickstarter
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
It always opens multiple copies of itself it the systray.

Thats for each tab. It's what makes it so fast.

you had problems with a memory leak so you went to firefox? weir.d

Some of the older versions of chrome had a minor memory leak problem, but thats fixed now, and it was never as bad as firefox's continuing problems in that area.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »

That's one of the main reasons I switched to Chrome; Each tab is its own process, so only the tabs will crash instead of the entire browser program.

e: upgrading to the latest chrome build seems to have resolved my gif issue
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:29:20 PM by AmishNinja »

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »

That's one of the main reasons I switched to Chrome; Each tab is its own process, so only the tabs will crash instead of the entire browser program.

Hunh. This makes a LOT of sense. Now I understand why that happens.

ALSO In an effort to get this thread back on track, WOO THE KICKSTARTER TOPPED $1,000 WOO YEAH WOO
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »

you had problems with a memory leak so you went to firefox? weir.d

Some of the older versions of chrome had a minor memory leak problem, but thats fixed now, and it was never as bad as firefox's continuing problems in that area.

My problem was that it continuously copied itself in the systray no matter how many tabs I had up. So if I wasn't careful, I would be running it with two tabs open and there would be 40 copies of it in the systray. It was a bizarre error. I may have had a corrupted version. I never did figure out what was causing it. I'm willing to try it again, but I haven't had the time or energy to reinstall it.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
I'm willing to try it again, but I haven't had the time or energy to reinstall it.

It takes like two or three clicks to install it. Like maybe a fraction of the time it took you to write that post. :P

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »
I'm willing to try it again, but I haven't had the time or energy to reinstall it.

It takes like two or three clicks to install it. Like maybe a fraction of the time it took you to write that post. :P

I doubt that. You don't know my typing speed.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »

Well, time stamps say you went four minutes before replying to that. Google Chrome download and install is probably about the same.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »
I keep telling you people, don't interact with Patrick, and especially don't make him mad. Haven't you listened to the games he's in?! He'll get into your head and a week from now you'll wake up and find yourself infront of a slowly opening gate with writhing horrors beyond it, bloody knife in your hand.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:20 PM »

Well, time stamps say you went four minutes before replying to that. Google Chrome download and install is probably about the same.

I was grading. I didn't take the time to hit F5. :)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
How much more would I have to give for there to be a MAOTC game where one of the RPPR regulars plays the Tommy Wiseau Monster who dresses in a tuxedo and his powers included Speech that Stupifes/Stuns people, the ability to summon hurricanes of spoons to attack and the dodge ability of tearing himself apart temporarily?

"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »
How much more would I have to give for there to be a MAOTC game where one of the RPPR regulars plays the Tommy Wiseau Monster who dresses in a tuxedo and his powers included Speech that Stupifes/Stuns people, the ability to summon hurricanes of spoons to attack and the dodge ability of tearing himself apart temporarily?

Don't forget the ability to gather large groups for the sole purpose of playing football.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »

How about a game of Everyone is Denny? It's like Everyone is John but each personality is a character from the Room that live in Denny's head. He's crazy and needs to get through the day :(

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »
Tommy Wiseau Monster Friend

-Incomprehensible (Stunning attack): His bizzare ramblings that jump from topic to topic with no apparent connection leave victims utterly stupified and unable to form any coherent thoughts or take any actions.

-Tearing Me Apart! (Dodge):  Filled with the angst of a thousand past betrayals, Tommy can tear himself in twain to avoid taking a hit.

Dig to Victory!:  A devotee of the Mystic Spoon, Tommy can summon the Mystic Spoon to dig through earth, wood, stone or cheap sets.  

Toss the Football:  A master of directing and tactics, Tommy can summon a swarm of tuxedo clad hack actors to pelt his enemies with footballs.....as long as they're withing 10 feet.  

Oh Hi!:  Always outgoing, Tommy has the ability to charm his way into the hearts of those he talks to.

I'm serious, if you guys will do this I'll give more money.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
Tommy Wiseau Monster Friend

-Incomprehensible (Stunning attack): His bizzare ramblings that jump from topic to topic with no apparent connection leave victims utterly stupified and unable to form any coherent thoughts or take any actions.

-Tearing Me Apart! (Dodge):  Filled with the angst of a thousand past betrayals, Tommy can tear himself in twain to avoid taking a hit.

Dig to Victory!:  A devotee of the Mystic Spoon, Tommy can summon the Mystic Spoon to dig through earth, wood, stone or cheap sets.  

Toss the Football:  A master of directing and tactics, Tommy can summon a swarm of tuxedo clad hack actors to pelt his enemies with footballs.....as long as they're withing 10 feet.  

Oh Hi!:  Always outgoing, Tommy has the ability to charm his way into the hearts of those he talks to.

I'm serious, if you guys will do this I'll give more money.

I would have done it with the description before this. It's a great idea.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »
Either version.  I just want to hear to hear hours and hours of the Tommy Wiseau monster.  Or a League game with Wiseau as a hero.  I just need to hear it.   And so does everyone else.   President Van Buren demand Tommy Wiseau.