Author Topic: The Official Marble Hornets Thread  (Read 161562 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: The Official Marble Hornets Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »
[spoiler]preparations for the shooting of film begin*
#5 - They scout area, TO is watching from distance
#17 - They are in safety of the house, TO continues watching and experiments with memory wiping
#20 - Tim gets worse from hidden exposition to TO, memories wiped again
#54 - Another assault on Alex's house, probably TO made open exposure to check reaction and wipes the memories
*shootings begin*
#12 - TO decides to make open appearance, but does not wipe memories, probably hides before anyone can understand he is not human
#2 - Alex decides to check for this tall guy because he saw him earlier

#4 - playground scene
#55 - Tim mentions Rosswood
#70 - Alex follows TO demanding him to stop stalking
#13 - TO continues to attack
#7 - Alex abandons any thought on fighting TO
#3 - Alex gets paranoid
#9, #8, #1, #6, #10, #11, #14 - more stalking and paranoia

*near the end of the film shooting*
#56 - bye, Tim
#57 - more Tim suffer
#51 - bye, Brian

#22 - bye, Seth
*Alex makes the confession, decides to burn tapes and leave College Town. He separates them on "very important" and "less important"*
#71 - Jay takes "less important" tapes, but Alex is consumed by paranoia
*Alex leaves College Town*
[/spoiler]

Red Indrid

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:19 PM »
niiiiice; the scooby-gang looks out for each other and stand up to those trickster Greys ;3

(Marble Hornets --  Diary of UAP/UFO abuduction...)
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »
I like how this series is 72 odd episodes in and even though the gang is getting serious about figuring this thing out and playing a more active role, it seems like there still just chimps banging rocks on a warhead. They still have no clue what there dealing with, and that's awesome!
Liquid Water?

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »
Is this strictly a Marble Hornets Thread? Should I start up a general Slenderman ARG thread? (Seriously, there are like a dozen ones on par with Marble Hornets and even more fairly decent ones for those of us who are obsessed with the Slendy ARG videos)

Also: Entry 82... shit is getting real!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7g1owxFHKk
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2014, 01:34:35 AM »
holy shit i need to catch up

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »
Yeah I know, you leave the channel for a little bit and Shit just gets cra-cra.

Also after the latest entries have been viewed and your waiting for more Slenderman goodness, try these other fantastic Slendervlogs:
- Everyman Hybrid
- TribeTwelve
- DarkHarvest00
- Caughtnotsleeping
- Onehundredyardstare

There are so many more, and I'm slowly going down the list of ARGs from the Slenderman wiki. 
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
do any of those give definitive answers about the cosmology of the story or is it all handwavy bullshit like in MH? We're 82 episodes in and we know next to nothing about Slender Man.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
Yes? sort of... "Tribetwelve", "Everyman Hybrid", and "DarkHarvest00" are all in the same canon, with a conspiracy and cult that worships the tall guy as a god and there are some other worldly pocket dimensional concepts thrown in and shenanigans. I feel they have more of an explanation to the cosmology than "Marblehornets" has presenting but still retains an air of mystery. Outside of "Marblehornets", I've come to find a large number of these other Slendervolgs share the same or common canon that they build on.

"Caughtnotsleeping", while not actually in canon with the others from what I can tell, has a strong use of props and production work, especially in the laer entries. It also shows a conspiracy of people attempting to stop the Slenderman.

"Onehundredyardstare" is similar but starts fast and jumps to multiple victims of slenderman encounters as if it's a disease. You can also view the current number of entries of this series in like 2 hours? they are really quick videos. 

Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2014, 12:34:38 AM »
basically my questions are:

1. Are any of these complete?

2. Am I just going to be jerked around the entire time because nothing is resolved?

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2014, 02:43:48 AM »
1. No
2. This one is hard to answer, for me anyway. They are still ongoing and at least three of these series have stopped after some serious stuff has gone down, but then they've started up again with more progression to the plots. some answers have been gained but then more questions have filled they're place.

"5zer02" is really the only one I've seen yet that has a (so far) definite finish but it's the kind of ending that you get from "Blair Witch Project".

Personally, I love the rides these series provide, though if you want a definite end with answers to the entire Mythos solved, that's not going to happen? They give more explanation to Slenderman and expand the Mythos but as to anything like resolving the problem or defeating Slenderman, haven't seen a series yet that has done that. there might be one out there I just haven't seen.
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2014, 02:54:57 AM »
Marble Hornets has taken up a lot of time and there hasn't been any kind of payoff for it yet. I don't need everything spelled out but eventually I want SOMETHING. If there's a more satisfying take on Slender Man, I'd give it a shot, but if its 40 hours of wheels spinning - foreshadowing with no payoff, then ehhhhhh

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »
Well, it is a lot of videos to go through (I understand about MarbleHornets, it's a very long run with very little major payoff in one shot). It seems the characters of Tribetwelve, Everyman Hybrid, and Darkharvest00 are connected to some big plan or purpose. They are chased or stalked by Slenderman and a cult that worship him almost to the extent of a Cthulhu cult, murdering and kidnapping as they see fit, and then there are some other forces at work that make themselves known. Some major revelations have occurred, and some grim dark events (like Shit got so real and not in a very paranormal way!) have come up and they seem to be coming to a head in the at least near future. I'd say for the content they are providing, they seem more satisfying about giving you payoffs on the Slenderman mythos, even if they may not fully grasp the tall guys nature or motives.   

If you want to get a little more info before maybe checking them, the Slenderman-Wiki is quite handy: http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Top_5
Liquid Water?

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Entry 83: This series better have a great payoff at the VERY end, this one is cool but more circle jerking to be fair.
Liquid Water?

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2014, 02:08:29 PM »
Liquid Water?