Author Topic: Famous Last Words  (Read 45884 times)

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Last Words
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
theif- it may be traped

fighter- right so you can look in it and get all the cool stuff.

Kenders Rock

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
"A cult of Vecna deeming me worthy of getting the hand and eye of Vecna? What's the worst that could happen?"

nekomata

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:53 PM »
"I've got no ideas left..." The words spoken by my GM this weekend that has seriously put a dent in my desire to RP at all. *sigh*
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »
"I've got no ideas left..." The words spoken by my GM this weekend that has seriously put a dent in my desire to RP at all. *sigh*

sounds to me like a great time to introduce the new world primer to him. let him run wild with the mind work of ross tom and all the other great wrighters.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 01:08:33 AM »

man up and start running games yourself.  8)

nekomata

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
I've considered it, but I've never GMed before and our group is just slightly ADD... Our longest game lasted 3 hours, mostly because the TV was on. ::) That and no one wants to play GURPS, I like the system dammit.
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »
I've considered it, but I've never GMed before and our group is just slightly ADD... Our longest game lasted 3 hours, mostly because the TV was on. ::) That and no one wants to play GURPS, I like the system dammit.

DO IT

run a one shot with a premise that will grab your group - use GURPS pregens and keep the rules parts light

DO IT NOW

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

You'll never be happier than when you GM. Run a game, it's not that hard, especially if your group is already nuts.

nekomata

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
I think I will, I'll try and talk the group into next time thier around and if thier willing I'll print off some of the dungeon fantasy templates. Something simple and dnd like to get thier attention.

TigerStorm

• Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »
  • It'll be OK... I've got skillz...
  • Hey, who's the bitch with the spiders? (said in the underdark)
  • Hey, you with the red hat! (said by a disgruntled character unwittingly starting a fight with Elminster)
  • OK... I'll just sneak past the sleeping red dragon... (said by a character in full plate)
  • What's the worst that could happen?
  • Oooooh shiny! (said by a gnome character putting on the closest piece of jewelry discovered in a crypt which just happened to be a cursed ring)
  • As long as I don't hit any of my friends, we'll be fine... (said by an arcane archer using a death arrow on an enemy in melee with a party member)

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:28 AM »
Not really last words, but pretty much.

My friend Charlie was a Warforged Fighter, who really wanted to be good with his bow and arrows.
I was sorceror with a  Psuedodragon Familiar.

I was in a life boat, my familiar was being held by the tail and neck by a pirate. I couldn't use any of my spells cuz i would hit my familiar.
I told Charlie to "Fire away! That fucker's got Rock Lobster!"
He shot, missed.
"Shoot him again!"
DM: If he misses by less than 3 he'll hit your familiar.
"it's okay Charlie, I trust you."
we all know how that turned out

and that's how I won the 'familiar's best friend' mock award. And the monicker "Yan-san Poophands Dragonsbane"
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »
....What Rune?
....dont worry were alone
.... 4 levels higher, we can take him
.....thats a big ass sword
.... all i need to do is make my swim check...(jumps in lake with platemail)
Kenders Rock

Salrantol

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »
As an invisible wizard sneaks into the barracks of a kobold compound, he notices that they just saw the door open, with no one standing there:

"How'd the door open?" he says, trying to pretend to be one of the kobolds in the room and forgetting that he's standing in the door.

In a mixed oWoD game, the sluagh who gains Glamour by destroying love whispers something about "He doesn't really love you," to the girlfriend of another PC, who has recently found some magic axe that's sharper than an ogre's axe (and when it was introduced, the "k" sound from that was omitted).

Player #1: "What? I destroy love!"
Player #2: "I decapitate."

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 03:00:11 AM »
A friend of mine named Ed was running an oWoD Mage chronicle that featured another of our friends as a foppish Hispanic PC named Juan Riviera Jose Estrada. The player controlling him would constantly annoy the rest of the party and get us into trouble with unfriendly NPCs by introducing himself to *everyone*. Every time Ed would introduce a new NPC, he would say, "Greetings, my friend! I am Juan Riviera Jose Estrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrada!" and shoot sparkles from his fingertips. Needless to say, some of us liked him, others hated him, and we were always bailing him out of deep, deep trouble.

The night that Juan finally bit it, our characters were in an Old West-themed realm where the bad guys had modern weapons and we didn't. We were all holed up in the sheriff's office, taking cover from a bad guy who had apparently just raided Rambo's arsenal and wanted very badly for all of us to go squish. When the GM told us that he pulled out a rocket launcher, we all decided to get the hell out of there--except for Juan's player. He just sat there, ignoring all our suggestions that he dodge out of the way. His character's final words:

"I can take it. I am Juan Riviera Jose Estrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrada!"

And then he got blowed up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:01:48 AM by IDaMan008 »

TigerStorm

• Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
I think the only thing that would have made that death better would be if he had only managed to get to around the third "r" in his last name before getting "blowed up"  :D