Author Topic: Offsite Discussions of RPPR  (Read 18028 times)

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
Offsite Discussions of RPPR
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
Threw this together for one particular reason, but also noticed that it wasn't really being discussed anywhere else. I'll get to that in a minute.

Alright, which of you jokers is Fenarisk over on the Something Awful forums, specifically here?  :D Damn, dude, I'm trying to make points on why Call of Cthulhu is fun. Mentioning RPPR was a peripheral thing to help make my point, it wasn't to start an indepth discussion on GMing styles and why Caleb is cool. He is, by the way, but besides the point. Anyway

To the point, then? RPPR is a kickass site, and a great jumping-off point for a ton of things on and around the subject of gaming. I've mentioned the site to a few people in a local gaming store, and certainly to my gaming group (not sure if any of them have actually looked here, but since my gaming group is a bunch of ridiculous manchildren/womanchildren, it's not so surprising  ;D). I've also linked here a couple of times on Something Awful.
So where do you discuss RPPR offsite?

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Offsite Discussions of RPPR
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
I've talked to my friends about it, mainly because I'm trying to explain why I was interested in recording the sessions...

I just don't think my friends are as into RPGs as I am.  Most of them are just into playing/writing short adventures/occasionally running games.  I'm certainly not disappointed by this, they're just not interested in talking about them...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
I keep trying to convince my groups to come to the site for the APs, so they can get an idea how games run. When I finally get around to running Eclipse Phase I'm going to make everybody listen to the AP here.

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
When I finally get around to running Eclipse Phase I'm going to make everybody listen to the AP here.

I just got this fantastic little mental image of Tad running some sort of mad-science machine to simulcast the AP to every living person on earth, whether they like it or not. :D

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »
When I finally get around to running Eclipse Phase I'm going to make everybody listen to the AP here.

I just got this fantastic little mental image of Tad running some sort of mad-science machine to simulcast the AP to every living person on earth, whether they like it or not. :D

Let's do it.  Hijack the government's mind control satellite and just beam AP episodes into peoples heads all day...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
Let's do it.  Hijack the government's mind control satellite and just beam AP episodes into peoples heads all day...

Brilliant! To the science van, we're creating a global mental connection mesh to broadcast transhuman actual plays into people's brains. That might be ironic.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:11:25 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
just posted to the SA thread. also everyone knows the secret illuminati that controls the world listens to RPPR.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:15 AM »
oh and several listeners have messaged me on the SA forums thanking me for RPPR.

idk if anyone ever mentions anything to Tom because Tom works for a living so he is too tired to ever do anything ;-;

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Mr. Tom Church is a god amongst men and his reputation, as a man, spans continents! Hold your tongue Ross!
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
I find myself discussing RPPR with my gaming group quite frequently. In fact, one of the guys I game with is a HUGE RPPR fan and RPPR is one of the things we bonded over when we first started gaming together. Recent cast member quotes often find their way into my group's APs. I guess I'm just another annoying fanboy...

Sometimes it feels like the big AP sites/groups are professional sports franchises in that one may have "favorite" players, a roster of "cast" members and a fanbase...

RPPR is one of my favorite gaming franchises and remains one (if not my only) favorite franchise. I really dig what Ross, Tom, Cody, Dan, Jason and the rest of team does...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:50:51 PM by Patrick »
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:08:23 PM »
I try talking about RPPR with my wife.

She just tells me to shut the fuck up.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
I have directed my friend in the direction of RPPR a few times but I don't discuss it with certain members of my group because I usually use this as a forum for complaining about how bad at role-playing his girlfriend is.... It's been mentioned in a few threads around here but other than that I welcome all of my group to check it out, but none of them have.

Also

I try talking to my wife about RPPR.

She just tells me to shut the fuck up.
 ;D

Seriously though she does.

Except the other night I was listening to "Episode 8: The Role of Rules" while she was sleeping in the car. She woke up long enough to laugh about armless orcs being disarmed.

EDIT: [nerdvoice] Umm Excuse me sir, but I do believe you are in error. The episode you were looking for was in actuality Episode 01: Gencon Wrapup 09. The line was uttered when Mister Ross Payton was telling the story of his question being asked during a panel.[/nerdvoice]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:38:27 AM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
Re:
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »
Yeah I also try to talk about RPPR and, well any RPGs, role playing concepts, idea's for a character in an upcoming campaign etc.

And she doesn't tell me to shut the fuck up, instead she is totally disinterested and any conversation ends with me feeling sorry for bringing it up.

Its odd cos she's part of the gaming group and not a part you can remove (change the player or change the game). Its vexing.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
My gaming group (and some sections of my family) now yell "Tip it!" whenever someone has trouble with a pouring device because I insist on sharing the classy stories from RPPR.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
Sam and I reference "tip it!" too. So, I guess that is one aspect of RPPR that has made it into our lives.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.