Author Topic: Misc. Blogging Type Question  (Read 4932 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Misc. Blogging Type Question
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:24:11 AM »
So a couple friends and I are just beyond the rough planning stages of a new project.  The idea are somewhat informative, entertaining, and likely a bit personal bits on geek/nerd culture, with the intention of being both accessible to those wanting to learn more about this subculture as well as entertaining (and maybe informative) to those already "in the know."  In other words, it's a bunch of geeks/nerds writing about what we love and why.

What I'm looking for here (at the moment at least) is anyone who has used (or at least looked a bit at) both Wordpress and Blogger (the free accounts).  For anyone who has: What are the major differences between the two and do you think one is better than the other?  Right now we're just looking at writing but there is the possibility for expanding to podcasts or other content (but that would be a decent ways down the road.

Thanks for any thoughts or help...

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. Blogging Type Question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »
Wordpress. The back-end is so much easier to use and will be very simple for all of your contributors to post to.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:04:40 AM »
Wordpress. The back-end is so much easier to use and will be very simple for all of your contributors to post to.

Well, thanks.  I guess I should have rephrased my question a bit better.  We're currently set up on Wordpress, would there be a reason to switch?

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
No reason to switch that I can see. As far as I know there are more widgets and radical unlockables for Wordpress. It is generally more popular from what I've heard.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
Quote from: Mckma on Today at 12:24:11 AM<blockquote>So a couple friends and I are just beyond the rough planning stages of a new project.  The idea are somewhat informative, entertaining, and likely a bit personal bits on geek/nerd culture, with the intention of being both accessible to those wanting to learn more about this subculture as well as entertaining (and maybe informative) to those already "in the know."  In other words, it's a bunch of geeks/nerds writing about what we love and why.

What I'm looking for here (at the moment at least) is anyone who has used (or at least looked a bit at) both Wordpress and Blogger (the free accounts).  For anyone who has: What are the major differences between the two and do you think one is better than the other?  Right now we're just looking at writing but there is the possibility for expanding to podcasts or other content (but that would be a decent ways down the road.

Thanks for any thoughts or help...
</blockquote>
yo dawg i heard u like wordpress so i pressed your words so you wordpress while you wordpress

i got nothing except i use wordpress for the rppr sites and zombies of the world but i host my own sites