Author Topic: Duke Nukem Forever  (Read 12051 times)

Corrosive Rabbit

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Duke Nukem Forever
« on: May 28, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
Things That Blow My Mind:

The Duke Nukem Forever video game has been in "development" for 12 years.  Not 12 months -- 12 YEARS!  Since 1997!  Last month, Take Two finally pulled the plug on the 3d Realms project which has been passed around the video game industry, changed engines multiple times, and has seen employee turnover that would make a McDonalds sad ...

Yet despite this, there is proof positive that, for anything you can possibly conceive, there are people out there who will buy into it.  There is a thread on the 3d Realms forums wherein people are whining that Take Two has stopped the game from being made and it's their fault that they'll never get to play it ...

This is why I'm willing to throw my lot in with whatever alien conquerors arrive.  There's no hope for humankind.  Go alien overlords.  *waves pennant*

CR

Edit: Just so nobody thinks I'm lamenting the obssessions of a couple of nutjobs -- there are 20 pages of posts on this very topic.   ???
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:48:38 PM by Corrosive Rabbit »
A bullet may have your name on it, but hand grenades are like spam for the battlefield.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Duke Nukem Forever
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
Yeah, but people say the same crap about games that get canceled after a much shorter time too. I'm not surprised by people much anymore and when I am I try not to let them know it. It just encourages them.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »
Yesterday's Zero Punctuation was about Duke Nukem Forever.  Hilarious.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Corrosive Rabbit

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
Yesterday's Zero Punctuation was about Duke Nukem Forever.  Hilarious.

I saw it -- that's what piqued my curiosity enough to do some googling, which eventually led me to the 3d Realms forums.  My mind continues to boggle ...

CR
A bullet may have your name on it, but hand grenades are like spam for the battlefield.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »
I still want Starcraft Ghost :'(
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »
I still want Starcraft Ghost :'(

Hazard a guess that what you actually want is a hot chick with a massive gun who kills aliens and turns invisible.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:00:29 AM »
I wouldn't say "hot". But the game looked awesome, I mean, I feel we need more first or third person games set in the "starcraft, warharmmer 40k, etc," universe.

Anybody played Space Hulk? God that game was mean to my 9 years old self.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 01:34:55 AM »
If you wouldn't say hot than you probably didn't read the novels with Nova in them. Anyway, to each man his own.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »
I wouldn't say "hot". But the game looked awesome, I mean, I feel we need more first or third person games set in the "starcraft, warharmmer 40k, etc," universe.

Hot for an alien slayer chick anyway. Really though, it is down to her and Ripley and that is it.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »
Oh, weird, I was thinking of someone else actually. Just google image searched her.

Speaking of nova: http://www.jasonchanart.com/gallery/2004/fanart/scghost_big.jpg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:34:41 PM by Maze »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 11:40:17 PM »

Hot for an alien slayer chick anyway. Really though, it is down to her and Ripley and that is it.

ill take ripplys ass hanging otta her underwear over queen bitch of the univers any day!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
You mean Kerrigan? I don't know, the whole evil space insect queen kinda does it for me.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 11:17:23 PM »
Yeah me too. But Ripplys ass hanging out of her panties in the first one is in my heart for ever.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 03:47:39 PM »
Whoever said Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: props. That podcast is sweet. As is Dan Carlin's Common Sense.

If you like video games, listen to Giant Bomb's Giant Bombcast. The guys at Giant Bomb are the greatest.

Let's talk about bad podcasts we've listened to, as well! I've heard some bad, bad actual plays of Call of Cthulhu. I wish (no I don't) I had the links, but, man, some people these days.

Wrong thread, man. This is all about Ripley's ass or something. You probably want to post that in "Top Ten Podcasts". ;)

But seriously, I don't see anything hot about that woman. Maybe it has been too long since I saw aliens because I'm not seeing the "hotness".
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:50:36 PM by Maze »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »
Whoever said Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: props. That podcast is sweet. As is Dan Carlin's Common Sense.

If you like video games, listen to Giant Bomb's Giant Bombcast. The guys at Giant Bomb are the greatest.

Let's talk about bad podcasts we've listened to, as well! I've heard some bad, bad actual plays of Call of Cthulhu. I wish (no I don't) I had the links, but, man, some people these days.

But seriously, I don't see anything hot about that woman. Maybe it has been too long since I saw aliens because I'm not seeing the "hotness".

her ass is bout the only thing good, but the debate is between hot space girls killing aliens. and the only too we got is the chick from star craft and ripply, now if we throw in the chick from species then she would win, but its not hot space  alien chicks, its hot chicks who kill space aliens.