Author Topic: Can anyone here write using Chinese characters?  (Read 5401 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Can anyone here write using Chinese characters?
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
Hey everybody, I'm working on an idea for an adventure, and I'd like to provide a handout for the players. The trick is that I'd like the handout to be written in Chinese characters. The handout is suppossed to be an ancient scroll discovered in an archaeological dig.

Can anyone help me?
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Can anyone here write using Chinese characters?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »
I can do a little bit of bad calligraphy. Do you need an electronic copy to print out or a hand worked note that's been scanned in?

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
I would like to do it as a hand written note that is scanned in, so the end result will be an image of a scroll with Chinese writing on it. Instead of a Word doc with Chinese characters.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
I can do brush and ink or I can get you a felt tipped version. Brush and ink will take a little longer because I'll have to borrow the brush and it'll take longer to dry it before I scan it.

Oh, and I'll need to know what you want it to say. If you have the specific characters prepared that'd great cus Chinese has alot of kanji.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
Thank you.   ;D

I have not written the script yet, but I'm brewing the idea now. I do not have any characters pre-designed. I wouldn't even know how to do that.

You'll have to let me know if the script is too complicated or difficult to do. I honestly don't have any concept of the magnitude of work that I'm asking for.

As far as materials are concerned, I think a felt tip pen will be fine. No need to kill yourself with the hassles of brush and ink.

Thanks man.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
Sure. Whenever you work out what you want it to say just e-mail me and I'll get started.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »
Thanks man!