Author Topic: Codex of War - New World ransom  (Read 198632 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Codex of War - New World ransom
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
okay so thats 60$ which is £39.90... good but i won't be able to swing that past the wife.
Anyone else?
Time of your life offer of playing a game with Ross!

Well, not time of my life. I'm goin' to GenCon, I'll probably sign up for one of his games there. I don't plan to pay in the Skype game, I'm just donating money so you can. I'll up it to 50 if we can wait until next Friday to actually make the donations.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2010, 11:46:10 AM »
okay so thats 60$ which is £39.90... good but i won't be able to swing that past the wife.
Anyone else?
Time of your life offer of playing a game with Ross!

Well, not time of my life. I'm goin' to GenCon, I'll probably sign up for one of his games there. I don't plan to pay in the Skype game, I'm just donating money so you can. I'll up it to 50 if we can wait until next Friday to actually make the donations.

Tad do you have some kind of trust fund that we don't know about? You're always the one that donates the most. We appreciate it, but we don't want you to have to take out a second mortgage or anything.  8)
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
At least 3 of the Nerdbound folks were interested. I'll have a better count on Sunday, but we may be able to combine forces. Even if we do a Nerdbound game ourselves, I'm not opposed to throwing in $20 to play in another game. Gotta spend that tax return.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
Tad do you have some kind of trust fund that we don't know about? You're always the one that donates the most. We appreciate it, but we don't want you to have to take out a second mortgage or anything.  8)

I'm just one of those weird guys who devotes a fairly large portion of my income to my hobbies. My fiance and me are Dinks, though now that we're playing for a mortgage (first mortgage) I'm not throwing around the loose cash like I might have in the past.

That's why I only put up 50 and not more. But since this ransom is long enough to run across more than one paycheck I can make multipule donations.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »

I'm just one of those weird guys who devotes a fairly large portion of my income to my hobbies. My fiance and me are Dinks, though now that we're playing for a mortgage (first mortgage) I'm not throwing around the loose cash like I might have in the past.

That's why I only put up 50 and not more. But since this ransom is long enough to run across more than one paycheck I can make multipule donations.

I love you Tad, not as much as Cody but I do

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
I didn't quote the text as I'm using my mobile to update, but I was referring to Wooberman's request. Let me know of you need additional contributors. I don't want Tad to go bankrupt and lose his Internet access . . . or house.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
So when are you gonna post the podcast for the 30+ buck people?

message me on kickstarter

Did it also subed my NPC. If you want any extra info Just let me know I left him pretty open.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2010, 04:43:37 PM »

Hmm, the first gencon game seems to cut about five minutes from the end.... any memory of how it ended?

ShotgunSurgeon

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »
While not being able to view or post on the forums as much as I would like, I appreciate RPPR and it's entertaining greatness. To show off my generosity in public, I just dropped $200 in the kickstarter bucket for the ransom... the rewards are what sucked me in. I can't wait to play my skype game with Ross.

Any of you RPPR forum dwellers have any suggestions for games? I'm thinking of Rogue Trader right now, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (Ross included). Just keep in mind I'll want it recorded and posted.

Thanks guys.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »
CoC and Monsters! If I rember right Ross may own the rogue trader books but has never played them so might be kinda ehh. But I could be wrong. as for the huge donation WOW!

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »
While not being able to view or post on the forums as much as I would like, I appreciate RPPR and it's entertaining greatness. To show off my generosity in public, I just dropped $200 in the kickstarter bucket for the ransom... the rewards are what sucked me in. I can't wait to play my skype game with Ross.

Any of you RPPR forum dwellers have any suggestions for games? I'm thinking of Rogue Trader right now, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (Ross included). Just keep in mind I'll want it recorded and posted.

Thanks guys.

You are a god among men.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »

Thanks guys.

I promise you it will be well worth it. Also, you need to make sure Ross runs TWO game sessions for you for donating 200 instead of 100.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
If Ross hasn't run Rogue Trader, i'd listen to the wisdom of crowds and go with CoC or Monsters or Wild Talents. You could likely get into the Rogue Trader game Tad GMs via Skype.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:05 AM »
Tads games of Rogue Trader were great. I still fully recomend going threw Vent for tad though, due to Skypes crappy Quality.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »
OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

If you want me to run rogue trader, I will FUCKING RUN ROGUE TRADER AND IT WILL FUCKING SHATTER YOUR LITTLE MIND FROM HOW FUCKING GREAT IT IS

POETS WILL WEEP BLOOD AFTER HEARING THIRD HAND ACCOUNTS AT HOW GREAT THIS GAME OF ROGUE TRADER WAS

NATIONS WILL BE SHATTERED - THE PROPHECY SHALL BE FULFILLED - IRAN WILL GIVE UP ITS NUCLEAR PROGRAM

seriously, I will learn the rules, force some of the rppr crew to play it before I run it on skype and it shall be glorious

you don't even know

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW

btw - at hotel for fear the con - first day was great and I will post Delta Green: Operation Obsidian, a Vietnam era game based on unpublished notes written by Scott Glancy on Monday

Also I will upload Tom's Gencon games to the preview section soon