Author Topic: How did you find RPPR?  (Read 89515 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find RPPR?
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:40 AM »
I found Rppr through Google Listen. I listened to the 4th Ed AP's from Wizard with Will Wheaton in it. Then I decided I wanted to hear more people play... SO I searched it and found RPPR and listened to the regular episodes then the AP's
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Avoozel

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Found while looking up interviews about 4th Edition, before it was released.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »
haha

I made that video for a D&D sponsored fan video contest

the contest had a fucked up rating system - people flooded it and some of the videos used copyrighted music

the winners were fucking terrible - you can find some on youtube but I like that mine has more views than the rest put together

as a consolation prize, I got a limited edition 3.5 PHB - basically their way of saying 'sorry we fucked up the contest'

The comments on that video are often hilarious.

acronomicon

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:12 PM »
Chalk me up as another person that stumbled here thanks to iTunes.  I recently got back into playing RPGs after a long hiatus, found a couple of good actual play podcasts, and this is one of them.  That reminds me...I have been remiss in leaving a review/rating of the podcast.

I came for the live play recordings (keeps me from going insane at work, mostly), and have found that I like the discussion episodes as well.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2010, 04:02:58 PM »
haha

I made that video for a D&D sponsored fan video contest

the contest had a fucked up rating system - people flooded it and some of the videos used copyrighted music

the winners were fucking terrible - you can find some on youtube but I like that mine has more views than the rest put together

as a consolation prize, I got a limited edition 3.5 PHB - basically their way of saying 'sorry we fucked up the contest'

The comments on that video are often hilarious.

I saw this very video floating around on youtube for a long time before I found rppr, I never read the description. 

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »
I AM EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET

btw the current number of approved comments on RPPR is 666. That's just the main site. The AP site has 102 approved comments.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
Not sure if this one has been posted. I found it a few years ago and I watch it again every few months...

It is required watching for anyone who games with me.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

(oops - should have been posted in internet vids... mod please move)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:33:27 PM by malyss »

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2010, 12:56:26 AM »
You know, I watched it until I learned the FRENCHIES made it. Then, I just shook my head, turned off my computer, and finished making my freedom fries.  

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
You know, I watched it until I learned the FRENCHIES made it. Then, I just shook my head, turned off my computer, and finished making my freedom fries.  

Actually, Quebeccers, not FRENCHIES. Confusing the two is like confusing a Southerner with a Northerner... neither one appreciates it and both know you don't pay attention to details...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 05:56:52 PM »

Actually, Quebeccers, not FRENCHIES. Confusing the two is like confusing a Southerner with a Northerner... neither one appreciates it and both know you don't pay attention to details...

Unless it was a consortium of actual French people within the Quebec border, which would just confuse everybody else to no end. I'm not saying that's the case here, just that it would confuse people.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »

Unless it was a consortium of actual French people within the Quebec border, which would just confuse everybody else to no end. I'm not saying that's the case here, just that it would confuse people.

I'm confused...

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 06:09:10 PM »

You know what's worse is trying to equivocate a Jayhawker (someone from Eastern Kansas) with either Northerners or Southerners. We get pissed either way.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
You know what's worse is trying to equivocate a Jayhawker (someone from Eastern Kansas) with either Northerners or Southerners. We get pissed either way.

What do the people from Western Kansas call themselves?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

There are people there?!?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »
There are people there?!?

I Googled "western Kansas" to get material for a witty reply ("Somebody has to feed the cows and drag the phone wire") and now I'm enjoying reading through the "Discover Western Kansas" official website.