Author Topic: Cody's got a new website!  (Read 170707 times)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
Re: Cody's got a new website!
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:53 AM »
Talking about At the Drive In, Mars Volta, and Sparta today at http://www.popgunchaos.com
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
Today begins the first of a three part series about wrestling from around the world! Our focus for today? Luchadores!  http://www.popgunchaos.com
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
For some reason, reading that article suddenly made me remember one of the very best N64 games ever. WCW/nWO Revenge.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »
Actually I really like WWF No Mercy, I played it for hours and hours on new years eve one year.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »
For some reason, reading that article suddenly made me remember one of the very best N64 games ever. WCW/nWO Revenge.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

I'm no N64 fan, but their WCW games were the best wrestling games ever. It had multiplayer like no one else. Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me of this because I had seriously forgotten how great these games were.

Damn . . . now I want to travel back in time to when I was in middle school and friends with Adam Glendenning so I could play this game and have it mean what it used to.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2010, 10:54:16 AM »
Unfairly comparing Walking Dead to Lost in my review of Walking Dead Season 1 at http://www.popgunchaos.com

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
Unfair to lost...because walking dead has a plot...

That kind of unfair....

I haven't read the article, so until i do, this is my hopeful guess as to it's content.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
Apparently I'm one of the ten Americans who thought Lost was a pointless show.   Cody, you do have some valid points about Walking Dead, but ultimately...Walking Dead is cooler than Lost.  Its got zombies and guns and so far they don't feed the need for stupid fake smoke monsters and moving islands and assinine plot twists to keep a show alive because the network wants to keep it alive as a advertisment money maker. 
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
Apparently I'm one of the ten Americans who thought Lost was a pointless show.   Cody, you do have some valid points about Walking Dead, but ultimately...Walking Dead is cooler than Lost.  Its got zombies and guns and so far they don't feed the need for stupid fake smoke monsters and moving islands and assinine plot twists to keep a show alive because the network wants to keep it alive as a advertisment money maker. 

No, you're not alone. I personally hated Lost. I hated the characters, I hated the ridiculous excuse for a plot, I hated the ending. Pretty much the only thing I appreciated about Lost was the injection of a lot of pretty cool sci-fi tropes into main-stream culture. However, it's my opinion that's not good enough. For instance, Fringe does this in a much, much better way; AND it's got better character development, plot hooks, and world-building.
The Walking Dead is a flawed show. This is true. The six-episode season gave very little chance to really get to know the characters. HOWEVER, it established a great base for expanding on them in the next seasons.

Cody, you're awesome, but I just can't agree with you on this one.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
Great article, but I personally disagree. S'all good though I think your website kicks ass, Cody and you the man.

Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »
http://www.popgunchaos.com is politically charged today as I criticize President Obama's appearance on Mythbusters.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
Popgun Chaos is continuing our look at wrestling from around the world with today's focus being on Canada and submission wrestling.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »
Today's my wife's birthday, so in honor of her http://www.popgunchaos.com has an article about the Flash and pseudo-science. Enjoy!

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »
By the way, I also wrote the top story for Fair City News today!

http://www.faircitynews.com/2010/12/15/local-stoners-disappointed-by-lack-of-munchies/

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
Good article Cody, while reading it i kept hearing The onion announcer in my head.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.