Author Topic: An Open Letter to Ross so-called Payton  (Read 35525 times)

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
An Open Letter to Ross so-called Payton
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
A long time ago I made a thread demanding that Ross Payton update his website more often.

Then I stopped getting shitty contract work, got an actual job, and discovered that the once a week update schedule is more of less perfect because I'm like, "oh damn there's a new one" all the time since I can't spend as much time listening to nerdgames.

So uh, sorry.

(That film noir game owned and the guy who played the redneck guy owned.)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter to Ross so-called Payton
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »
My question is why did you reregister for the forums?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
My question is why did you reregister for the forums?

Mostly because the last account was some dumb gimmick thing with a dumb name that belonged to an email address that I literally never use. I imagined it would be a great deal easier to be a productive member of the community if I had a for-reals account.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 12:23:23 AM »
Is this B.A. Baracus?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:31:47 PM »
yeah, I've learned that there are normal fans and super fans - super fans post comments, participate on the forums and listen to new AP episodes the day they come out. Normal fans seldom comment or post on the forums and it takes them a while to go through a 3 hour or longer AP episode. I imagine a lot of them can't even keep up with a weekly cycle. So I've had to balance my posting cycle between the two extremes.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
in the last few months i've noticed that listening to a single AP, especially that 5 hour Cody game, usually takes me about three or four days of listening either while running or doing low-focus stuff at home

Is this B.A. Baracus?

yyyyyyyyyyyyep

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »
yeah, I've learned that there are normal fans and super fans - super fans post comments, participate on the forums and listen to new AP episodes the day they come out. Normal fans seldom comment or post on the forums and it takes them a while to go through a 3 hour or longer AP episode. I imagine a lot of them can't even keep up with a weekly cycle. So I've had to balance my posting cycle between the two extremes.

I've been concerned about fan retention lately. How many fans have started on the forums only to disappear soon after? What can we do to keep fans on the forums?

Perhaps this is a private conversation, but I'm going public with it.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »

I've been concerned about fan retention lately. How many fans have started on the forums only to disappear soon after? What can we do to keep fans on the forums?

It doesn't matter oh master of Aquatic Catharsis, I still love you

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 05:58:53 PM »

No, it's a very public discussion. I've noticed the same thing, but will all forums this one has several different types of uses: obsessive posters, regular posters, occasional posters, trolls that must die by fire, benign trolls, and unregistered trolls.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
in the last few months i've noticed that listening to a single AP, especially that 5 hour Cody game, usually takes me about three or four days of listening either while running or doing low-focus stuff at home

Is this B.A. Baracus?

yyyyyyyyyyyyep

Yeah that's actually 2 game sessions merged together. This is something I've done as a halfway measure to satisfy super fans while not alienating normal fans.

The main fear I have with posting too many games too quickly is that normal fans will get overwhelmed and stop listening altogether.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
I suppose that's a realistic fear. Not being a normal fan I have no way of testing the theory though.

Zeriken

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »
YESSSSSSS! Epic NWC nao!
Magadheera - Must find sub of this movie.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »
YESSSSSSS! Epic NWC nao!

what does this even mean

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 07:22:07 PM »
Epic New World Campaign now.

Seejo Crux

• High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
You're not going to please everyone. Just do what you're doing and let the fans sort themselves.

I'm not saying this to be nice, I honestly think you can't and won't please everyone. Don't stress over it; stress ruins digestion.